Illinois Legislature Finally Acknowledges Constitution

It will be months, or even into next year, before anyone will be able to even start the application process for a permit. $150 per. 16 hrs. of training? No state requires that, nor do they charge as much.

It will be months, or even into next year, before anyone will be able to even start the application process for a permit. $150 per. 16 hrs. of training? No state requires that, nor do they charge as much.

I know. It's a start, though. Every step we take toward liberty is good. Hell, I agree with those who believe you should have to check your guns in places that serve alcohol.

CT comes close on the fees.

Permit to carry pistols or revolvers $140, 5 years, $70 renewal fee

$140 fee includes $70 for temporary local permit and $70 for 5-year state permit. Applicant must also pay for fingerprints, photos, and background check.

I had to take a 5 hour course, so 15 hours is excessive

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0048.htm

Last edited:

$140 fee includes $70 for temporary local permit and $70 for 5-year state permit. Applicant must also pay for fingerprints, photos, and background check.

STATE COMPARISON OF GUN PERMIT FEES

Good God. Is the governor of CT related to Josef Stalin?

Have you ever considered leaving the NE?

Last edited:
The problem is it is mostly black and hispanic thugs committing all the crime. CC will be great but I doubt it will impact those particular groups who are hellbent on killing each other.

STATE COMPARISON OF GUN PERMIT FEES

Good God. Who is the governor of CT related Josef Stalin?

Have you ever considered leaving the NE?

Gov Malloy the same guy who took away our magazines that hold more than 10 bullets and assualt style weapons.

Yes We have, we'd head south,probably to South Carolina or North Carolina cause I have relatives there. I also have family in FL,TN, to the south and west CO,HI and AZ but most of them are in the Carolina's and FL. Only thing keeping me here is my parents need me, my youngest is still in school and hubby has a good job. I honestly think my kids would make the move with us.

A course for people who have never owned or handled a firearm before isn't that bad an idea. I'd leave it in private hands, though. Ex-military people should be exempt.

Legislators in Illinois finally stopped interfering with the 2nd Amendment rights of Illinois citizens and passed a concealed carry law. It will be interesting to see how this development affects the gun violence in Chicago.

Illinois enacts nation's final concealed-gun law

Good to see.

It’s also good to see conservatives acknowledge the fact that the states lack the right to ignore the rulings of Federal courts, and are indeed subject to the Federal Constitution.

They should exhibit the same enthusiasm when un-Constitutional laws violating privacy rights are struck down.

And let’s hope an Illinois resident files suit in Federal court challenging these requirements, they’re clearly enacted in bad faith by the state, and manifest an undue burden to the exercising of a Constitutional right.

Your own bath tub or pool are the only safe places to swim. Most beaches are full of crap. Public pools are full of dangerous bacteria.

Forum List

Back