Illinois Legislature Finally Acknowledges Constitution

Legislators in Illinois finally stopped interfering with the 2nd Amendment rights of Illinois citizens and passed a concealed carry law. It will be interesting to see how this development affects the gun violence in Chicago.

Illinois enacts nation's final concealed-gun law

Good to see.

It’s also good to see conservatives acknowledge the fact that the states lack the right to ignore the rulings of Federal courts, and are indeed subject to the Federal Constitution.

They should exhibit the same enthusiasm when un-Constitutional laws violating privacy rights are struck down.

and the word privacy is in the constituion where? I see the word "arms" and the words "shall not be infringed" but I dont see the equivalent right to privacy.

Hmmm...

Most parts of IL are really nice. The liberal ones are hellholes full of minorities killing each other. The Gold Coast is beautiful. The lake is awesome. Some of the burbs are enchanting. The 4 seasons are interesting. There is plenty to do, great food, lots of entertainment...

Nice beaches.

Chicago's lakefront beaches are awash in fecal effluent.

We got the same problem here when it rains to hard. After Irene and Sandy it smelled like a port-o-potty whenever low tide came. Yeah I know it always smells at low tide but take it from someone who's lived near the water all her life, it stunk bad. What I will never understand is why people shell fish in the Waste Management Zone.:cuckoo:

Your own bath tub or pool are the only safe places to swim. Most beaches are full of crap. Public pools are full of dangerous bacteria.

I live half a block from the beach but I only swim in my pool for that reason. The only thing our city will do if the water is not safe is to post a silly little sign in about two or three beaches that say "swim at your own risk". We have more than just a couple of beaches to swim so there is a good chance you won't ever see one of the signs. It would have to be flooded with glow in the dark toxic waste before they will actually close the beach. Also consider that the lobster population has died off due to pesticides in that water. It's beautiful to look at but that's about it.

Illinois State Police say they don't have the manpower or resources to get this thing on its feet, yet they are required by law to do so within the next six months.

We are flat out broke - financially, morally, and politically.

I live half a block from the beach but I only swim in my pool for that reason. The only thing our city will do if the water is not safe is to post a silly little sign in about two or three beaches that say "swim at your own risk". We have more than just a couple of beaches to swim so there is a good chance you won't ever see one of the signs. It would have to be flooded with glow in the dark toxic waste before they will actually close the beach. Also consider that the lobster population has died off due to pesticides in that water. It's beautiful to look at but that's about it.

Sad but true. We only swim way out (off the boat) where the water tests cleaner. The beaches are a filthy disaster.

I don't support any gun law that is an infringement on the 2nd Amendment.

All gun control laws are by their very nature, unconstitutional.

(I do have a CC permit though)

Legislators in Illinois finally stopped interfering with the 2nd Amendment rights of Illinois citizens and passed a concealed carry law. It will be interesting to see how this development affects the gun violence in Chicago.

Illinois enacts nation's final concealed-gun law

Good to see.

It’s also good to see conservatives acknowledge the fact that the states lack the right to ignore the rulings of Federal courts, and are indeed subject to the Federal Constitution.

They should exhibit the same enthusiasm when un-Constitutional laws violating privacy rights are struck down.

and the word privacy is in the constituion where? I see the word "arms" and the words "shall not be infringed" but I dont see the equivalent right to privacy.

Hmmm...

The 4th and 5th Amendments imply a right to privacy -- certainly a right to property.

I thought I read somewhere that states with CC laws have lower crime rates. Lower death by gun rates? Something like that. It brings me joy to hear of someone unloading on a criminal--especially during the criminal act!

Forum List

Back