Zone1 I’m Getting Married!

Juneteenth

15.jpg

We lived in Medford for one year to the day. My husband was recruited there to run his company's engineering department. It is a lovely city. I planted 30 Shreveport rose bushes in our front yard there, then just as they were blooming, he was transferred again to Casper Wyoming where in spite of the cold outside most of the year, the town there has dear hearts and gentle people. The most outstanding things I recall about Medford were sunshine, the Jackson & Perkins Rose paradise, and the Presbyterian Church. Only one year there, but it was so beautiful and an hour's drive to the most fabulously crystal clear Crater Lake. Another short drive would get you to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, the Oregon Coast, and a fabulous light house.
Shreveport Rose
24194.jpg

The Shreveport Roses were the most beautiful and sweet grandiflora Roses I ever saw.
It was a joy to see them all bloom dozens of roses apiece. I still miss them, 40 years later.​
Which Medford?

Congratulations on the engagement. Just be prepared not to be allowed to make a single decision between now and your wedding day. “Thst looks/sounds lovely sweetie” is a phrase that will serve you well.

Congratulations on the engagement. Just be prepared not to be allowed to make a single decision between now and your wedding day. “Thst looks/sounds lovely sweetie” is a phrase that will serve you well.
In my culture, the women make the decisions. I’m quite used to it and I approve 💯

Oregon is just fine, DD. It's a liberal state, and not Idaho.

As soon as I retire, I'm outta here. I've seen it change from being one of least expensive states to live in, to now one that's always in the top five most expensive.
As for Idaho, I would love to see the 'Greater Idaho Movement' actually happen. Yeah, I know it never will, but it would sure be awesome.

Forum List

Back