Im ready to curb gun murders. Lets work together

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Lets get to the bottom of the pandemic of suicides and gang violence with guns.
I am ready to solve this issue!
We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
Gang violence. Most of them use illegal guns. So how do we curb that?
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Lets work and ACTUALLY figure out a solution!
Whos with me?

Remove unprovoked violent criminals who use firearms in the commission of their crime from society permanently upon a first conviction.

We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Whos with me?
everyone, but the proverbial genie is out of the bottle. i like your spirit though, let's start with chicago, obama's "home community".

How about we ban Chicago, DC, LA, Memphis and Detroit area?
That might help with the gang problem.

Excellent question.

I think the real hard core answer is to come down hard on the gangs and drug trade that produces the violence. How you do that without taking away Liberty is the $64 question.

there is an doc that traces gun makers outta south american....and how illegal gun prices become so inflated...

gunflow-bigmap-1200.png

In California, some gun smugglers use FedEx. In Chicago, smugglers drive just across the state line into Indiana, buy a gun and drive back. In Orlando, Fla., smugglers have been known to fill a $500 car with guns and send it on a ship to crime rings in Puerto Rico.

In response to mass shootings in the last few years, more than 20 states, including some of the nation’s biggest, have passed new laws restricting how people can buy and carry guns. Yet the effect of those laws has been significantly diluted by a thriving underground market for firearms brought from states with few restrictions.

About 50,000 guns are found to be diverted to criminals across state lines every year, federal data shows, and many more are likely to cross state lines undetected.

In New York and New Jersey, which have some of the strictest laws in the country, more than two-thirds of guns tied to criminal activity were traced to out-of-state purchases in 2014. Many were brought in via the so-called Iron Pipeline, made up of Interstate 95 and its tributary highways, from Southern states with weaker gun laws, like Virginia, Georgia and Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/12/us/gun-traffickers-smuggling-state-gun-laws.html

if we are gonna deal with facts

Excellent question.

I think the real hard core answer is to come down hard on the gangs and drug trade that produces the violence. How you do that without taking away Liberty is the $64 question.
Legalize drugs
I also think culture has something to do with it. But if we legalized drugs, in a couple decades, it could weed itself out.

Most inner city shootings are drug related murders between rival gang members. We should just leave them alone, and in fact offer them free bullets provided by the state government.

It would be a Win = Win for both law enforcement and the public. .... :thup: ... :cool:

there is an doc that traces gun makers outta south american....and how illegal gun prices become so inflated...

gunflow-bigmap-1200.png

In California, some gun smugglers use FedEx. In Chicago, smugglers drive just across the state line into Indiana, buy a gun and drive back. In Orlando, Fla., smugglers have been known to fill a $500 car with guns and send it on a ship to crime rings in Puerto Rico.

In response to mass shootings in the last few years, more than 20 states, including some of the nation’s biggest, have passed new laws restricting how people can buy and carry guns. Yet the effect of those laws has been significantly diluted by a thriving underground market for firearms brought from states with few restrictions.

About 50,000 guns are found to be diverted to criminals across state lines every year, federal data shows, and many more are likely to cross state lines undetected.

In New York and New Jersey, which have some of the strictest laws in the country, more than two-thirds of guns tied to criminal activity were traced to out-of-state purchases in 2014. Many were brought in via the so-called Iron Pipeline, made up of Interstate 95 and its tributary highways, from Southern states with weaker gun laws, like Virginia, Georgia and Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/12/us/gun-traffickers-smuggling-state-gun-laws.html

if we are gonna deal with facts
So, how would you combat that?

gang violence in inner cities...it is a rats next in the ghettos and no one wants to deal with the real issues of lack of education...lack of jobs...no access to healthy foods or medical care....face it we treat them like animals and get all shocked when they act like animals....i dont just mean blacks here i mean anyone forced into that enviroment

Strict gun laws, elimination of criminal gangs and cutting the routes that bring guns and drugs into the country. Better social security and health care. Less differences in incomes, better schools, less corrupted government and police.

+50 years of time and :thup:

one thing i hear about is....stiffer penalties for use of a gun during a crime....i think ny adds 2.5 years for gun use and jersey only adds 1 year....i could be wrong...but that could be a first step next might be gun buy backs that has worked in some countries...i go back and forth on the autos and if they should be legal....i dont see any use for them....my friends with desert eagles see no reason they as legal gun owners should not be able to buy them...
the huge problem will always be heirlooms and registration

Whos with me?
The last two times I've seen in depth discussions about curbing illegal guns, research and law enforcement ALL agree that gun registration is part of the answer so the gun can be traced and the owner who released it into the illegal market can be held accountable. Of course, combating gangs by stopping the cartels from entering the country is a good first step. Combating the MARKET for drugs is harder and something the Republicans have been extremely reluctant to spend money on. Investing in programs to keep kids busy and productive and OUT of gangs at age 12 or whatever, and finding ways to influence massive amounts of economic growth into cities with gang problems is another way. When selling drugs is the best paying job in the neighborhood, it's an impossible mission.

Whos with me?

You are "ready to work on a solution" but don't want to hear anything about ANY gun regulation, no matter how common sense?

How about - GET LOST.

gang violence in inner cities...it is a rats next in the ghettos and no one wants to deal with the real issues of lack of education...lack of jobs...no access to healthy foods or medical care....face it we treat them like animals and get all shocked when they act like animals....i dont just mean blacks here i mean anyone forced into that enviroment
We treat them like animals? Do you mean not taking care of their every need? Do you think the govt wiping their ass after a good shit would change their mind about shooting taurece?

Strict gun laws, elimination of criminal gangs and cutting the routes that bring guns and drugs into the country. Better social security and health care. Less differences in incomes, better schools, less corrupted government and police.

+50 years of time and :thup:
So, basically, you want this place to become a authoritarian paradise.
NEXT

Forum List

Back