I’m So Old I Remember When Universities Were About Free Thinking and Prepping for Adulthood

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Gordon Klein, a UCLA Anderson School of Management professor since 1981, responded to a request for special treatment for black students. If anyone has a problem with what he said, be a courageous keyboard warrior and tell us what causes you to piddle your diapers.

Professor Gordon Klein has been suspended for this:

“Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota [George Floyd’s death at the hand of police].

Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only?

Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half?

Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might possibly be even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My [teaching assistant] is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her.

Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only?

One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on “the color of their skin.” Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition?”

It's an uncommonly stupid idea, the professor was correct, and, the people calling for dismissal are retards. The reasons laid out in the petition for wanting him discharged reads like a satire piece. Good Christ people are stupid. lol

The idea of college anymore is to create a safe space where you can learn half truths in a half assed manner. The idea of something being said or taught that does not go along with a safe space safe thinking philosophy is not allowed.

It's an uncommonly stupid idea, the professor was correct, and, the people calling for dismissal are retards. The reasons laid out in the petition for wanting him discharged reads like a satire piece. Good Christ people are stupid. lol
And UCLA sided with the students.

Children now run our universities. Mentally children anyway.

"Free thinking" was far from standard on '60s campuses, and it wasn't because of their being "liberal". Being anti-war, pro-women and for improving various groups' status was not gently received.

The intolerance for non-conforming verbiage is rife, and on both sides of the extremes. The rule is "speak exactly as we or you are the enemy", "left" or "right".

Gordon Klein, a UCLA Anderson School of Management professor since 1981, responded to a request for special treatment for black students. If anyone has a problem with what he said, be a courageous keyboard warrior and tell us what causes you to piddle your diapers.

“Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota [George Floyd’s death at the hand of police].

Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only?

Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half?

Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might possibly be even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My [teaching assistant] is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her.

Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only?

One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on “the color of their skin.” Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition?”

It's Progressive Handbook 101!
  1. Pretend to give a fuck,
  2. enlist help of the stupids,
  3. take over
  4. eradicate all dissenting opinion

When the time comes all of you Non Progs that have more sense in your views, the forgiveness does not come to these azzes that may cause brutal times. It only comes after the consequences are meted out to them.

It's Progressive Handbook 101!
  1. Pretend to give a fuck,
  2. enlist help of the stupids,
  3. take over
  4. eradicate all dissenting opinion
1. Take over a respected institution
2. Destroy it within

Universities need to teach you how to think vs. what to think. Leftists don't comprehend that because they are morons.

Demanding that blacks be graded differently than everyone else.
Kind of like the scene in the movie where the villain mastermind falls backwards into his own pool of piranha.

The problem is you so called middle of the roaders have let this nazi shit go on for way to long

The problem is you so called middle of the roaders have let this nazi shit go on for way to long

I'm not a 'middle of the roader' and I haven't let any shit go on, so don't lay this nonsense at my doorstep.

I'm not a 'middle of the roader' and I haven't let any shit go on, so don't lay this nonsense at my doorstep.
I'm laying it at all you normos doorsteps

This lecture was held at The Heritage foundation on April 21, 1998.

"Affirmative action" has long had many meanings. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 authorized courts to take "affirmative action" to uproot racially discriminatory practices. That objective was, and remains, morally right. But that same statute forbade race preference; it is morally wrong. Affirmative action and race preference are thus plainly distinguishable; the former (in its original sense) is right and lawful, the latter is neither...

... Here is the fundamental principle: Giving preference by race, by skin color, is wrong, unjust; when done by an agency of the state it is unlawful, a violation of federal statutes and of our Constitution. The motives are often good; we understand that. But the conduct is wrong and not tolerable in a good society...

... But what of those who have been badly hurt by earlier racial discrimination? Do they not deserve to be compensated? Yes, of course; persons may indeed be entitled to remedy for unlawful injury done to them because they were black or brown or female. We give such remedy, rightly--but it is the injury for which remedy is given, not the skin color or sex. There is all the difference in the world between compensation for injury and preference by race.

When preference is given flatly by skin color or by national origin, the inevitable result is the award of advantages to some who deserve no advantage, and the imposition of burdens upon some who deserve no burden...

Forum List

Back