I'm sure there are idiots that want to ban water pistols..

It really is over. We are well and truly fucked as a society.

Have you considered Somalia? Ak 47's are all the rage, jobs as a pirate seem to pay well and Ocean Front property is reportedly cheap.

AK-47s aren't legal here, numskull.

In Switzerland every adult male is required by law to keep a fully automatic weapon in his home. That's a terrible place to live, isn't it?

Cherry picking the facts again I see...........................

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule (German for "recruit school"), the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers).

Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, military police, medical and postal personnel) at home. Up until October 2007, a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition (50 rounds 5.56 mm / 48 rounds 9mm) was issued as well, which was sealed and inspected regularly to ensure that no unauthorized use had taken place.[4] The ammunition was intended for use while traveling to the army barracks in case of invasion.

In October 2007, the Swiss Federal Council decided that the distribution of ammunition to soldiers shall stop and that all previously issued ammo shall be returned. By March 2011, more than 99% of the ammo has been received. Only special rapid deployment units and the military police still have ammunition stored at home today.[5]

When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment.[citation needed] In this case of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner.[citation needed] The rifle is then a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You meant to say that only those males who are part of the standing militia (because Switzerland has no army) have automatic weapons at their house.

But.................that's only for the males from age 20 to 30 (34 for officers).

It really is over. We are well and truly fucked as a society.

Have you considered Somalia? Ak 47's are all the rage, jobs as a pirate seem to pay well and Ocean Front property is reportedly cheap.

AK-47s aren't legal here, numskull.

I don't know how to respond to this comment. Do you have reading comprehension problems? How you got to "AK-47s aren't legal here" from what I posted is amazing.

In Switzerland every adult male is required by law to keep a fully automatic weapon in his home. That's a terrible place to live, isn't it?

Wouldn't know, I've never been there. I prefer Provence, though Capri is also very nice. How did you find Switzerland? Has Needle Park cleaned up yet?

.... it's not only water guns .... but Lego guns too!

it's almost unbelievable! a Lego gun!!!!!! :cuckoo:

Jan 2013
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XroYAZ0AmdM]LATEST NEWS : School threatens suspension for Lego gun - YouTube[/ame]

because AFTER ALL that reinforces violent actions that "HURT" people!
While at that "ban" paint ball pistols!
BAN foot race starter pistols... after all they are PISTOLS!!
Finally we need to BAN our military from any guns, rifles,etc. because according to one poster here that lives in cartoon land.. these guns, rifles will kill people on their own!
Yes this poster using the phrase "guns don't kill people"!

But what can be said to idiots like that poster and other "gun -banners" that again cars don't kill, guns don't kill, people driving and people shooting do! I for one don't plan to drive my car and kill someone any more then I plan to buy a gun (I don't own a gun) so I won't kill anyone!

It as the 4 year old KNOWS someone pulling a trigger to make a water pistol work or as well as a gun fire!

I've yet to hear ANYONE, on either the left or the right, who is calling for the banning of pistols.

They have called for banning assault rifles and large magazines.

They have called for background checks.

But, not one of them have called for banning pistols, shotguns, or bolt action rifles.

Right and the reason for banning assault rifles is that they can hold large capacity magazines, making them the equivalent of machine guns, which the Supreme Court rightly allowed to be banned.

Forum List

Back