I'm 73and I'm Tired
ByRobert A. Hall I'm 73
Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a
six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day,
I've worked, hard,since I was 18. Despite some health challenges,
I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight
years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income,
and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no
retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.I'm tiredof being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people
who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government
will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people
too lazy to earn it.I'm tiredof being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every
day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters,
wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over
some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because
they aren't "believers;" of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims
stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery;" of Muslims
mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because
he Qur'an and Shari??? a law tells them to.I'm tiredof being told that, out of "tolerance for other cultures," we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa
Islamic schools to preach hate in America and Canada, while no American
nor Canadian group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious
school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance..I'm tiredof being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
I'm tiredof being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must
help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant
germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their
noses while they tried to fight it off?I'm tiredof hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both
parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful
mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting
caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.I'm real tiredof people who don't take responsibility for their lives and
actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination
or big-whatever for their problems.Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 73.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just
sorry for my granddaughters and grandsons.
Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in
the Massachusetts State Senate.
--------
Aint that the damn truth

5 terms in the Mass state senate ? Yeah , he "worked to get where he is". Ain't no one in state senate who doesnt use his position to hook people up.

Sounds like a old guy who's "gimmee mine" and screw everyone else . So long as his Medicare and social security comes in he's cool.

5 terms in the Mass state senate ? Yeah , he "worked to get where he is". Ain't no one in state senate who doesnt use his position to hook people up.

Sounds like a old guy who's "gimmee mine" and screw everyone else . So long as his Medicare and social security comes in he's cool.
get em big boi. You show those bigots!

Old man yells at clouds!!!!

I'm sure if we looked into Bobby's history we can find somethings that might come across as hypocritical compared to his rant.

He's 73 and spent 5 terms as state senate. HE created the world he's bitching about !

Old man yells at clouds!!!!

I'm sure if we looked into Bobby's history we can find somethings that might come across as hypocritical compared to his rant.

You'll understand once you get through puberty.

The guy has wiki page . Years in the Military, public school degrees, state senate .

Guess he did pretty good having the taxpayers of the country helping HIM out .

He served four years from 1964 until 1968, including service in Vietnam as a Radio Relay Team Chief at Khe Sanh in 1967. Hall left the Corps as a Corporal in 1968 to attend college, but rejoined the Marine Reserves while in the Senate, serving from 1977 to 1983 as a radio operator and public information officer. He finally left the Corps in 1983 as a staff sergeant, due to time conflicts with his civilian profession, declining a commission as a Second Lieutenant at that time.

Hall earned an AA degree from Mount Wachusett Community College in Gardner, MA in 1970, where he served as Student Council President. He received a BA degree in Government from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he was on the student senate, in 1972. While serving in the Massachusetts senate, Hall earned a MEd in History from Fitchburg State College in 1980, attending in the evening.

He's 73 and spent 5 terms as state senate. HE created the world he's bitching about !
He is a vet, retained his Masters of Education while working in the state senate, he was bi-partisan, sponsored over 60 pieces of PASSED legislation and was very successful after he left politics.
You are just a pathetic hater dupe

Forum List

Back