im trippin out guys

Some of you know i love to cook. Some of you know i love to bbq. Well, i finally got asked!
Someone i know got a spot at the local bbq cook off. Fairly decent competition.. around 50 or so entries.. anyways, they asked me to cook and represent them.. idk the rules or anything yet. I didnt say yes.. i said let me think.
But i am SO giddy! I will be using his grill which is about 5ft by 10ft with a kitchen and patio. Amazing set up. About a 10k dollar rig..
I have never cooked with a system like this but i fully believe i can do well.
Im so excited but nervous.. lol like a little kid
Give me support bitches!

Break a leg! :D Is there a prize if you win?
Just a trophy

Some of you know i love to cook. Some of you know i love to bbq. Well, i finally got asked!
Someone i know got a spot at the local bbq cook off. Fairly decent competition.. around 50 or so entries.. anyways, they asked me to cook and represent them.. idk the rules or anything yet. I didnt say yes.. i said let me think.
But i am SO giddy! I will be using his grill which is about 5ft by 10ft with a kitchen and patio. Amazing set up. About a 10k dollar rig..
Give me support bitches!
You want support, you'll have to send Me some of the results....hehe...

Good luck!

Give me support bitches!

And where is this happening?
TN my nig

Mm. This does me no good. Needs to be TX.But go break a leg, or cook one. Then eat it and if I’m ever in the Cumberland Gap I’ll hit ya up for grub.
You better! We would fuck this state up lol

Already have. Ever been to the Nashville sound in Johnson City?
Nope

Give me support bitches!
What are you cooking?
Idk yet man.. idk what thebrules are. But my game is wide open
Good luck

I’m smoking some pork butts tomorrow

Said i can make anything as long as its cooked on a grill. Thinking about doing prjme rib smoked turkey grilled ceasar salad and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. But im not settled on it yet.
HereWeGoAgain you have experience with this.. would that be a good combo?

Last edited:
Said i can make anything as long as its cooked on a grill. Thinking about doing prjme rib smoked turkey grilled ceasar salad and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. But im not settled on it yet.
Sounds good

good luck

Have considered cowboy baked beans with pancetta but i dont have any cast iron pots :/

Give me support bitches!

You can do it man!

I mean you have to be able to do onr thing in life right, well hopefully, but I believe in you man!

( Best of luck but please keep the local CDC number handy just in case... )

In Texas, we do beef brisket as part of the BBQ palette. All other bbq regions give us hell for it too.

:auiqs.jpg:

The absolute hardest BBQ to get right!!
If you miss that small window to pull it off, its fucked.. lol

Exactly.
The thing most neophytes get wrong is the the final temp vs the final texture.
Regardless if you use the Texas crutch or not to get past the stall the same rules apply.
You have to wait till the brisket takes on an all most jelly like consistency.
When you shake it it should jiggle and a temp prob should go in with almost no resistance.

Forum List

Back