Image of god

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
If god created all there is then it is obvious that before that there was nothing. You really think man was created in god's image?

I mean there was no place to stand or sit, nothing to see or feel and no women to screw, eliminating the need for exactly all the body parts we have.

It would seem god had a wealth of useless equipment.

Damn, the rationalities some rabid fundamentalist secularists construct are as ludicrous as the puerile machinations some rabid religious fundamentalists construct. Geeze.

Image may not mean physical image. But then again, you weren't asking a serious question, just being a dick, and not a very impressive one at that.

Well you know what the purists say, If a small part of the bible is wrong then then a large part can be no less wrong.

But you are right, it was all sarcasm but well deserved don't you think?

What little I can wrap my head around in astronomy, I don't think there was ever nothing from which G-d created. Even 'empty space' contains dark matter and energy which is something. The concept of perfect nothingness sounds like hell to me. And if the pre-universe was nothing then that's how it should have remained. If we inckude the multiverse theory, this universe is the result of two other 'verses colliding and triggering a big bang event. And the greater 'verse with individual universes occasionally bumping into each other creating new ones might have existed for forever, which if you think about it equally disturbing.

Why does any of it exist? Thoughts along these lines are far more disturbing than even wondering about G-d.

Image may not mean physical image. But then again, you weren't asking a serious question, just being a dick, and not a very impressive one at that.

Well you know what the purists say, If a small part of the bible is wrong then then a large part can be no less wrong.

But you are right, it was all sarcasm but well deserved don't you think?

If a small part is wrong then a large part can no less be wrong? Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by 'wrong', doesn't it?

Well deserved? Who were you talking too? Yourself? :cool:

As was often described in Scripture, G-d's image can change. Even today we can create images of anything via CGI, and the ability to make that portable and project all over an LED suit (invisibility cloaks et al.) already exist. That G-d then can appear however it wants isn't all that amazing.

What His 'rest state' image is is a more interesting question. ...Maybe about 3 feet tall, big black eyes and head disproportionate to his body, slender arms and legs...:)

What little I can wrap my head around in astronomy, I don't think there was ever nothing from which G-d created. Even 'empty space' contains dark matter and energy which is something. The concept of perfect nothingness sounds like hell to me. And if the pre-universe was nothing then that's how it should have remained. If we inckude the multiverse theory, this universe is the result of two other 'verses colliding and triggering a big bang event. And the greater 'verse with individual universes occasionally bumping into each other creating new ones might have existed for forever, which if you think about it equally disturbing.

Why does any of it exist? Thoughts along these lines are far more disturbing than even wondering about G-d.

Read the King Follet Sermon sometime. You are more correct than you realize.

Where does the sun go after it goes down over there...and how does it come back up clear over there??

Nobody knows so it must be the work of the Magic Sky Fairy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3AFMe2OQY]Bill O'Reilly vs David Silverman - Tide Goes In, Tide Goes Out - YouTube[/ame]

The work "tze-lehm" means "shadow", as in to emulate.
God creates and sees that his "efforts" result in "good" and wants "man" to do the same.

Forum List

Back