Imagine a big ‘wobbly Coke bottle, flying faster than the speed of sound, on an irr

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
The Iron Dome certainly has been effective in many cases. It's a shame that the scientists couldn't make it a little more effective by having the Iron Dome have some kind of controls that could send those rockets and missiles right back to where they were launched, killing and wounding those who launched them. Wouldn't it be great to see it behave just like a boonerang?

Imagine a big ‘wobbly Coke bottle, flying faster than the speed of sound, on an irregular course’

The Technion graduates from Rafael’s Iron Dome project explain how they surmounted immense difficulties to build the missile defense system

BY ITZHAR VARDI July 12, 2014

The development of Iron Dome transformed our lives, dictating a hectic work week and some weekends. I never got home before 11 pm, and of course I didn’t take a single day off for three whole years. But I don’t regret a single moment,” says H., a graduate of the Technion’s Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (1975), who heads the Iron Dome project at Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.

In 2004, the Israel Ministry of Defense issued a call for proposals for a system to intercept short-range rockets. A team of experts in the Ministry’s R&D Agency (MAFAT) assessed 24 proposals and Rafael’s Iron Dome, capable of operating in all weather conditions, was selected as the most suitable.

Read more:

Imagine a big 'wobbly Coke bottle, flying faster than the speed of sound, on an irregular course' | The Times of Israel

I like Iron dome.

When the first dirty bombs are sent over, using the radioactive materials captured in Iraq, the extra explosive force from the iron dome rocket will spread the radioactive fallout over a greater distance, making the freedom fighters'rocket so much more effective.

I like Iron dome.

When the first dirty bombs are sent over, using the radioactive materials captured in Iraq, the extra explosive force from the iron dome rocket will spread the radioactive fallout over a greater distance, making the freedom fighters'rocket so much more effective.

Yeah....no. The Israelis have nukes of their own. I would hate to see Mecca and Medina under mushroom clouds. Wouldn't you?

I like Iron dome.

Yeah....no. The Israelis have nukes of their own. I would hate to see Mecca and Medina under mushroom clouds. Wouldn't you?

The more notable groups won't think past hitting Israel.
Should Israel destroy Mecca, pretty much every Jew on the planet would be attacked and Israel would be wiped out by a massive army made up of troops from almost every Muslim country.
Israel would be very foolish to attack Saudi.

I like Iron dome.

Should Israel destroy Mecca, pretty much every Jew on the planet would be attacked and Israel would be wiped out by a massive army made up of troops from almost every Muslim country.

If dirty bombs are coming down do you really think they would give a shit? Talk about an asinine, head up your ass response. That pretty much takes the cake.

I like Iron dome.

I doubt Israel would attack Saudi Arabia. In fact, aren't the Saudis and the Israelis working together to fight terrorism these days? I think the Saudi royals are more worried about the terrorists in their midst than the Israelis. Gee, maybe if the Muslims countries make up troops, the over a billion Chinese and hundreds of millions of Hindus will join together to wipe out the Muslims. After all, they are not too fond of Muslims.

I doubt Israel would attack Saudi Arabia. In fact, aren't the Saudis and the Israelis working together to fight terrorism these days? I think the Saudi royals are more worried about the terrorists in their midst than the Israelis. Gee, maybe if the Muslims countries make up troops, the over a billion Chinese and hundreds of millions of Hindus will join together to wipe out the Muslims. After all, they are not too fond of Muslims.

There's a lot of truth in that statement. It is far more likely that some terrorist group will do something really stupid in Russia and Putin or some other strong man will just engage in a battle of extermination. With the terror attacks going on all over the world there would probably be a lot of support for an action like that.

The peaceful Muslims would be gathered into safe enclaves and all the rest hunted down. Then when they are gone the Muslims who remain would go out and repopulate.

A pretty horrific scenario but I could see it happening if they get truly stupid.

The Iron Dome certainly has been effective in many cases. It's a shame that the scientists couldn't make it a little more effective by having the Iron Dome have some kind of controls that could send those rockets and missiles right back to where they were launched, killing and wounding those who launched them. Wouldn't it be great to see it behave just like a boonerang?

The U.S. shells out nearly a half billion dollars for this and you still find room to complain? :dunno:

The U.S. shells out nearly a half billion dollars for this and you still find room to complain? :dunno:

I heard that the U.S. was going to buy some of these to protect our own citizens. Do you have a problem with that? Use you head, Mr. H., or is it too late in the day for you? If this type of thing could also have a boomerang effect, then only the terrorists would be killed. Perhaps if a large amount of terrorists were killed, they would learn to stop shooting up these rockets and missiles.

I heard that the U.S. was going to buy some of these to protect our own citizens. Do you have a problem with that? Use you head, Mr. H., or is it too late in the day for you? If this type of thing could also have a boomerang effect, then only the terrorists would be killed. Perhaps if a large amount of terrorists were killed, they would learn to stop shooting up these rockets and missiles.

It's not difficult to compute the origin of a rocket's trajectory. Would you like your "boomerang" to strike launch sites that are in the midst of a civilian population?

And the really important question is... what if your boomerang won't come back? :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Iron dome.

You forgot to write 'Allah Akbar' at the end of your post, you Islamic terrorist.

I like Iron dome.

:lol: :lol: :cuckoo:

That's the most unlikely outcome I've ever read. Keep dreaming you Islamic terrorist.

:lol: :lol: :cuckoo:

That's the most unlikely outcome I've ever read. Keep dreaming you Islamic terrorist.

Ah, perhaps you can post links to the crimes you accuse me of.
Thanks in advance. :)

I like Iron dome.

posting threats?

I like Iron dome.

And poisoning all the inhabitants of gaza and Egypt in the process. The Israelis are already taking medication to combat radiation sickness, were will the Palestinians get theirs from. Then how will they cope with the dead and dying in the streets from radiation sickness, it wont be Israel's fault or problem. Be careful what you wish for as it might come back and haunt you

I like Iron dome.

It might be done by proxy and the muslim,s wont know which way to turn. You forget that not every muslim is beholding to Saudi. By the way those troops of yours would be entering a nuclear fallout zone and will get radiation sickness and their clothes will become radioactive. So they will never return home and will die in agony in Israel. Keep wishing for the end of islam it sounds interesting.

And have a missile defence system that beats the pants of anything anyone else has got. Their failed system cost how many hundreds of billion dollars again ?

It's not difficult to compute the origin of a rocket's trajectory. Would you like your "boomerang" to strike launch sites that are in the midst of a civilian population?

And the really important question is... what if your boomerang won't come back? :dunno:

Hell yeah imagine the scenario when the hellfire rains down on the rocketeers and the civilians are untouched. Wouldn't that be grand every terrorist killed and not one civilian hurt, what would hamas have to complain about then. Or would they go out and kill a few hundred children and blame it on Israel like they have done in the past............

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Iron dome.

You might hate the price at the pump even worse afterwards, no?

Forum List

Back