"Imagine A World Without Balloons...."

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Meet Hank Johnson, Rat congressman from Georgia. This is the clown who told a House hearing that Guam "might tip over and capsize" if a U.S. forward base there was expanded. This is a black man with a law degree who spent ten years as a judge before bringing his talents to the Congress.....a man who thinks islands float. :laugh:

Here's Hank trying to explain why we need helium:

He's really into the problems here in the United States, isn't he? If we would have only had helium filled balloons in Ferguson, MO for those looters and arsonists to play with...

NOPE. That was incredibly stupid. I think the man is an idiot, but the helium speech was so infused with puns, I thought it was a light, uplifting speech about an inert subject that floated rather well. I tend to give credit where credit is due.

Or he's simply mentally retarded.
Possibly, or suffering from early stage dementia. But he is apparently a decent man with a sense of humor.
I have a rough time with his politics, but I'm betting he would be fun to engage in conversation as long as he can hold it together. I think I'd probably like him.

This congressman is probably stupid enough to believe that lowering taxes for billionaires and corporations will create jobs also.

In all seriousness though, we are going to see the day in the next few decades where helium is gone, and right now there is no synthetic to replace it.

Not much chance of a palm tree floating away...those things are heavier than lead....I had two New Guinea date palms removed from my yard....took a damn CRANE to load them on a flatbed truck.....a slab a 6 inches thick will weigh a hundred pounds.

Forum List

Back