Impeachable offense? Try Bribery

Trump's undeniable attempt at bribing the Ukrainian leader is creating cracks in Republican support for him. Time for Republicans to jump ship and some are looking for space in a lifeboat.
Undeniable is right-there IS nothing to deny.
Well, according to Trump all those folks testifying about his bribery are scum, so he has nothing to worry about.

Those within his own inner circle were aghast at the poorly disguised bribery demands

Trump's undeniable attempt at bribing the Ukrainian leader is creating cracks in Republican support for him. Time for Republicans to jump ship and some are looking for space in a lifeboat.
Undeniable is right-there IS nothing to deny.
Well, according to Trump all those folks testifying about his bribery are scum, so he has nothing to worry about.
they are scum for lying-end of story

They're testifying under oath.

The Constitution is generally vague on what constitutes an impeachable offense
One of the crimes it specifically identifies as impeachable is.....Bribery

The Constitution Says ‘Bribery’ Is Impeachable. What Does That Mean?

In fact, the Founders had a broader conception of bribery than what’s in the criminal code. Their understanding was derived from English law, under which bribery was understood as an officeholder’s abuse of the power of an office to obtain a private benefit rather than for the public interest. This definition not only encompasses Trump’s conduct—it practically defines it.

Oh, I get it. So now it wasn't "quid pro quo" President Trump committed, it was "bribery"?

I've never seen such a bunch who keep changing the narrative. Do you know how desperate you really appear?
Quid pro quo is not a crime

Bribery IS

Trump specifically demanded “favors” in return for discussing military aid

Rather than favors that are in the interests of the United States, he demanded information that could be used against a political rival for his personal gain

The very definition of bribery
Desperate much?

Obviously you prefer giving planeloads of cash to fund terrorism

What the hell do you know about "Republican support"? I sincerely doubt that you even personally know a single Republican.

Support for this President is far higher than you can even imagine. You're in for a whole lot of tears on the day after election day, and I'll relish every minute of it.
You should check out what Liz Cheney had to say today.

In fact, the Founders had a broader conception of bribery than what’s in the criminal code. Their understanding was derived from English law, under which bribery was understood as an officeholder’s abuse of the power of an office to obtain a private benefit rather than for the public interest. This definition not only encompasses Trump’s conduct—it practically defines it.

Oh, I get it. So now it wasn't "quid pro quo" President Trump committed, it was "bribery"?

I've never seen such a bunch who keep changing the narrative. Do you know how desperate you really appear?

Bribery IS

That's quite a stretch there, morphing quid pro quo into bribery.

Keep trying though. :laughing0301:

You could find impeachable offenses for nearly every president. And as far as bribery, let’s see the evidence. I noticed you didn’t provide any.

Rather than favors that are in the interests of the United States, he demanded information that could be used against a political rival for his personal gain

Again, show me the evidence.

add extortion, abuse of power, dereliction of duty, & breaking the sworn oath to uphold the constitution.

that's all gonna come out in the open hearings. you could read the first person account in the Lt Colonel's opening statement b4 he testified under oath to congress today.

that's all gonna come out in the open hearings. you could read the first person account in the Lt Colonel's opening statement b4 he testified under oath to congress today.

Or I could read the transcript and find no evidence of bribery....

Bribery IS

Soliciting anything of value from a foreign nation or person for an election is illegal.

Hell it not only encompasses congressional conduct, it practically defines it...... :eusa_whistle:
Yeah, your society is corrupt.

Bribery IS

Soliciting anything of value from a foreign nation or person for an election is illegal.
Only when "the other guys" do it in america.

Or I could read the transcript and find no evidence of bribery....

the full unedited transcript is hiding. what you read is an edited memorandum with ellipses - but even that is damaging to donny.

& you thought that was all there was? oh silly nilly - you are in for a big surprise.

jew fairy.png

This is the Jew Fairy
The Jew Fairy grants wishes to Jews.
Trump's daughter is a converted Jew (Yael Kushner).
Trump should ask his daughter to intercede on his behalf.
The first night before Chhhhhhaunnukkah she needs to make her wish...plus leave out $500 (processing fee...Trump is a Goy...did you expect free?)
Trump will be protected from all legal attempts.

Forum List

Back