Impeachable offense? Try Bribery

Or millions for a Special Counsel.
*requested by senate republicans, and a republican special counsel chosen by republicans

So Republican requested fishing expeditions are okay...…...good to know.
No, weirdo, those are your words. What a luxury it must be to make stuff up then agree with yourself. Like a child and his imaginary friend...

By the way, a few fish are in prison. And evidence of the presidents crimes is there for the plucking. Quite a fishing expedition! Eatin' good in the hood!

those are your words.

View attachment 287898

Durr.
What, idiot? That made no sense. You need a nap or something.

Or millions for a Special Counsel.
*requested by senate republicans, and a republican special counsel chosen by republicans

No, weirdo, those are your words. What a luxury it must be to make stuff up then agree with yourself. Like a child and his imaginary friend...

By the way, a few fish are in prison. And evidence of the presidents crimes is there for the plucking. Quite a fishing expedition! Eatin' good in the hood!

those are your words.

View attachment 287898

Durr.

Sorry, I expected you'd be able to follow the conversation before you moronically interjected.

those are your words.

View attachment 287898

Durr.

Sorry, I expected you'd be able to follow the conversation before you moronically interjected.
And I would expect even a desperate, attention seeking troll to know the difference between two different posters.

You will notice none of the left loons on this board have addressed what Biden did nor the threats he made.

They also haven't addressed that the dummy outed himself on National television.

I find the whole thing amusing as hell.
Trump is being impeached

Biden is no defense. Why aren’t Republicans defending Trumps actions?

Nah. Trump won't be impeached and only a fool like you would think so.

As for the Reps?? Who know. They are politicians. They act like politicians.

Oh and if those fools in the House do vote to impeach it will never make it out of the Senate.

Enjoy. I sure as hell will.

Trump will be impeached in the House

The Democrats will present a solid case in the Senate to show where Trump acted immorally, unethically and illegally.

Republicans will ignore all evidence and vote in their parties best interest.
A Majority of both the House and Senate will vote to remove him from office.

Two thirds is not obtainable, Republicans are too partisan

It will be up to the voters to evaluate the evidence against Trump and decide whether to take it out on Trump and those who ignored the law to protect him

LMAO I seem to remember you saying the same about the Mueller report. The report would come out and Trump would be impeached.

Surprise. Mueller cleared Trump. There will be no impeachment and your an idiot.
Mueller never cleared Trump
He just said he could not prosecute a sitting President

You're so full of shit. As much as you hate it Trump was cleared.

You had your mind made up that he was guilty and are so disappointed when he wasn't guilty.

You've done the same with this Ukraine bullshit and will be equally disappointed.

So far you lefty loons are batting 0

Trump will win in 2020 so buckle up buttercup.

You're a laugh a minute.

Trump is being impeached

Biden is no defense. Why aren’t Republicans defending Trumps actions?

Oh and if those fools in the House do vote to impeach it will never make it out of the Senate.

The Democrats will present a solid case in the Senate to show where Trump acted immorally, unethically and illegally.

It will be up to the voters to evaluate the evidence against Trump and decide whether to take it out on Trump and those who ignored the law to protect him

LMAO I seem to remember you saying the same about the Mueller report. The report would come out and Trump would be impeached.

Surprise. Mueller cleared Trump. There will be no impeachment and your an idiot.

You had your mind made up that he was guilty and are so disappointed when he wasn't guilty.

You've done the same with this Ukraine bullshit and will be equally disappointed.

You're a laugh a minute.
Read the Mueller Report

He says he could not exonerate Trump

You're a laugh a minute.
Read the Mueller Report

He says he could not exonerate Trump

I did. He also had nothing to charge Trump with.

Keep hanging your hat on these nitwit schemes and you will always bat 0

Carry on clueless.

You have 6 hours to fire the prosecutor investigating my son or you're not getting the billion dollars

- Joe Biden

Fake quotes, it's all you got asshole.
Did you hear Bull Schiff's made up reading of the Trump/Ukraine phone call made up from whole cloth? I thought leftists ate that kind of stuff up. Schiff's impeachment wet dream fantasy is all made up.

WTF? In what universe does someone else lying makes your lying ok?

However, Schiff specifically prefaced that he is outlining "the essence of what the president communicates" not providing the exact transcribed version of the call. So even there you are full of shit.

Further, as testified before congress by people who were listening to the call and directly dealing with this matter, Schiff CORRECTLY explained the meaning of the call to the American public.
The same universe where you give one guy a pass and hold the other one responsible. I don't give two shits how he prefaced it, he made shit up out of whole cloth to put his interpretation of the call out in public and did so for effect. He doesn't give a damn about facts or he would have presented the facts. His problem with presenting the facts is that he wouldn't have a case and couldn't hold investigations. He's the Avenatti of Congress and will suffer the same fate eventually. It's a coup. The first tack didn't pan out so they're making new shit up. Pull your head out of your ass.

I don't give a shit that you don't give a shit but the FACT is that Schiff speciffically said that what he is saying is NOT a direct quote.

If the poster I quoted said the same thing I could not reasonably complain that he is mis-quoting.
And he said it for effect. He knew it would get picked up and repeated and inform the faithful of a bullshit narrative. The dishonest and unhonorable shit knew exactly what he was doing and did it deliberately. His hate for Trump and desire to remove him at any cost, even making shit up is evident. Quit making excuses for him.

Fake quotes, it's all you got asshole.
Did you hear Bull Schiff's made up reading of the Trump/Ukraine phone call made up from whole cloth? I thought leftists ate that kind of stuff up. Schiff's impeachment wet dream fantasy is all made up.

However, Schiff specifically prefaced that he is outlining "the essence of what the president communicates" not providing the exact transcribed version of the call. So even there you are full of shit.

Further, as testified before congress by people who were listening to the call and directly dealing with this matter, Schiff CORRECTLY explained the meaning of the call to the American public.
The same universe where you give one guy a pass and hold the other one responsible. I don't give two shits how he prefaced it, he made shit up out of whole cloth to put his interpretation of the call out in public and did so for effect. He doesn't give a damn about facts or he would have presented the facts. His problem with presenting the facts is that he wouldn't have a case and couldn't hold investigations. He's the Avenatti of Congress and will suffer the same fate eventually. It's a coup. The first tack didn't pan out so they're making new shit up. Pull your head out of your ass.

I don't give a shit that you don't give a shit but the FACT is that Schiff speciffically said that what he is saying is NOT a direct quote.

If the poster I quoted said the same thing I could not reasonably complain that he is mis-quoting.
And he said it for effect. He knew it would get picked up and repeated and inform the faithful of a bullshit narrative. The dishonest and unhonorable shit knew exactly what he was doing and did it deliberately. His hate for Trump and desire to remove him at any cost, even making shit up is evident. Quit making excuses for him.

What Schiff described was the correct meaning of the call, as per testimony to congress by Trump admin members involved.

Absolutely no reason to think Schiff did not belive what he was saying was true.

What Schiff described was the correct meaning of the call, as per testimony to congress by Trump admin members involved.

Absolutely no reason to think Schiff did not belive what he was saying was true.
I have no doubt that Bull Schiff completely believed the story he made up. His "interpretation" is colored by is abject hate for Trump. He could have read the actual record, but that wouldn't have served his purpose as there would be zero point in moving forward. Facts man. That's what matters. Not the hearsay leaking of a backbencher assigned to the WH.

I have no doubt that Bull Schiff completely believed the story he made up. His "interpretation" is colored by is abject hate for Trump. He could have read the actual record, but that wouldn't have served his purpose as there would be zero point in moving forward. Facts man. That's what matters. Not the hearsay leaking of a backbencher assigned to the WH.

Facts show he was correct.

The Constitution is generally vague on what constitutes an impeachable offense
One of the crimes it specifically identifies as impeachable is.....Bribery

The Constitution Says ‘Bribery’ Is Impeachable. What Does That Mean?

In fact, the Founders had a broader conception of bribery than what’s in the criminal code. Their understanding was derived from English law, under which bribery was understood as an officeholder’s abuse of the power of an office to obtain a private benefit rather than for the public interest. This definition not only encompasses Trump’s conduct—it practically defines it.

Oh, I get it. So now it wasn't "quid pro quo" President Trump committed, it was "bribery"?

I've never seen such a bunch who keep changing the narrative. Do you know how desperate you really appear?
Quid pro quo is not a crime

Bribery IS

That's quite a stretch there, morphing quid pro quo into bribery.

Keep trying though. :laughing0301:
Apparently it focus groups better.

The Constitution makes bribery a predicate for impeaching and removing a president. Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff is pushing the theory that President Trump has committed impeachable bribery because, as Schiff sees it, the president’s conduct violates a subsection of the federal bribery statute.

As in most criminal statutes, Congress includes several crimes in the bribery law. The offenses have gradations of seriousness, ranging from directly paying a public official a lavish bribe, to a public official’s indirectly agreeing to receive (but not ultimately receiving) some “thing of value” to be influenced in some official act. Like some of the lesser bribery offenses, the one Schiff is homing in on does not require an actual bribery (in the sense of an actual payoff).

Specifically, he is accusing the president of making a “corrupt demand.”

Under the law, if a public official, with corrupt intent, demands that someone provide him a bribe (a “thing of value”) as a condition for performing an “official act,” that is enough to prove guilt, even if the official drops the demand before something of value is exchanged. The Democrats’ theory is that Trump, intending nothing other the advancement of his own political interests (i.e., improving his 2020 reelection chances), corruptly demanded that Ukraine conduct investigations of his political rivals in exchange for two official acts — viz., granting a White House visit for Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and transferring $400 million in military aid authorized by Congress to help Ukraine defend against Russian aggression.

Schiff theorizes that this statutory bribery crime was complete when the demand was made; it makes no difference that the demand was dropped, and the Ukrainians got their aid.

In truth Trump would never be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt of bribery because there are significant proof problems, on the issues of both (a) corrupt intent and (b) the causal connection between the purported demand and the official acts.

The bribery the Framers had in mind when they wrote bribery into the Constitution as a predicate for impeachment was not the above-described federal bribery statute, the current version of which was enacted in 1962, some 175 years after the Constitution was written.

The Framers made “Treason, Bribery, and other high Crimes and Misdemeanors” the triggers for impeachment referring to bribery of a high order, on the scale of treason. The latter offense involves making war on the U.S., including giving the enemy aid and comfort. Enemies are foreign powers with which we are at war. The Framers, however, were worried that other foreign powers — even ones with which we are at peace — could corrupt an American president. Bribery was meant to fill that gap. It made impeachment available if a president was bribed by a foreign power to put the might of the United States in the service of the foreign power at the expense of the American people.

So where does this leave us? The most ardent anti-Trumpers are trying to support the impeachment of the president of the United States over the mere denial of a White House visit to a foreign politician.

The brute fact is that Democrats are the majority, and they have the raw power to cite any alleged misconduct that can win a simple majority vote.

Yet, in the GOP-controlled Senate, a two-thirds’ supermajority is necessary to convict and remove a president from power. If House Democrats go down their bribery road, the Senate will have the opportunity to consider what the Framers had in mind when they put bribery in the impeachment clause, and this isn't even close.

Adam Schiff, Impeachment, & Bribery: Why His Theory Is Misbegotten | National Review

The Constitution is generally vague on what constitutes an impeachable offense
One of the crimes it specifically identifies as impeachable is.....Bribery

The Constitution Says ‘Bribery’ Is Impeachable. What Does That Mean?

In fact, the Founders had a broader conception of bribery than what’s in the criminal code. Their understanding was derived from English law, under which bribery was understood as an officeholder’s abuse of the power of an office to obtain a private benefit rather than for the public interest. This definition not only encompasses Trump’s conduct—it practically defines it.

Oh, I get it. So now it wasn't "quid pro quo" President Trump committed, it was "bribery"?

I've never seen such a bunch who keep changing the narrative. Do you know how desperate you really appear?
They moved their goalposts and got them out of alignment.
That's what happens when you focus group test your impeachment charges.

Forum List

Back