Impeaching Trump: The Process Begins Now

they won't need to impeach his sorry ass, he'll choke to death on Russian sperm first.
I find it absolutely hilarious that Trump finds the CIA Intel fraudulent based on the Bush WMD saga...not fully understanding how it was Chenney and Rumsfeld that cherry picked what they wanted and embellished the rest. It took Powell to finally out the truth and of course history and good ol fashion journalism to out the facts also, but Trump, stuck on stupid as usual thinks the CIA is a joke and won't be needin em in the future....On your best day off of crack, you couldn't make this shit up!!

Is it just me or are my fellow die hard liberals noticing a trend here.....Both Bush and Nixon have been put on blast all to often by their conservative supporters, if I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times...now, either I'm missing something here or its really a proven fact....the GOP-igs, outside of Reagan another moron, really don't have a good track record of any president doing good shit...just sayin. I mean the only president they seem to stick too, like sperm in a throat, is the AZ clown Reagan and they've had how many presidents in their history....again, just sayin!!

Is it just me or are my fellow die hard liberals noticing a trend here.....Both Bush and Nixon have been put on blast all to often by their conservative supporters, if I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times...now, either I'm missing something here or its really a proven fact....the GOP-igs, outside of Reagan another moron, really don't have a good track record of any president doing good shit...just sayin. I mean the only president they seem to stick too, like sperm in a throat, is the AZ clown Reagan and they've had how many presidents in their history....again, just sayin!!
Yes, you're missing something.

Isn't it amazing how the moonbats now have all this reverence for the rule of law and the Constitution?

I wonder what happened all of a sudden?

Yeah, you stalking me....how's it going sucker?

Yes, I'm a sucker; I haven't seen anything worth stalking yet.

According to the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution, Trump will be committing impeachable offenses the very moment he is sworn in. From the OP:

Trump has already committed grave misdeeds of the kind that the Constitutional founders described as high crimes and misdemeanors. With his commingling of his official duties and his personal enrichment, Trump will be in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution, which unambiguously prohibits any person holding public office from profiting from gifts or financial benefits from “any king, prince or Foreign state.”​

From the OP:

Trump is far more of a menace than Nixon. Trump will commit impeachable offenses. There is no way to contain him other than removing him from office, before the damage to our democracy is irrevocable. The process of building the impeachment case needs to begin now.

You really should take to the streets. It's your civic duty. Go forth and loot and burn and block traffic and run around cursing and holing signs. Please do it for the good of the Republican Party.

Donald Trump is wildly unfit to be president, and he will demonstrate that in ways that break the law and violate the Constitution. Since the election, there have been three wishful efforts to keep Trump from the presidency: a recount doomed by a lack of evidence; a futile campaign to flip Trump electors; and an even more improbable drive to get the Supreme Court to annul the 2016 election.

These moves, indicative of magical thinking, make Trump’s opposition look a lot weaker than it is―at a time when the stakes for the Republic could not be higher. There will also be marches and demonstrations, but they will also look weak unless they have a strategic focus.

There is only one constitutional way to remove a president, and that is via impeachment.

What’s needed is a citizens’ impeachment inquiry, to begin on Trump’s first day in office.

The inquiry should keep a running dossier, and forward updates at least weekly to the House Judiciary Committee. There will be no lack of evidence.

The materials should be made public via a website. The inquiry should be conducted by a distinguished panel whose high-mindedness and credentials are, well, unimpeachable.

There needs to be a parallel public campaign, pressing for an official investigation. For those appalled by Trump, who wonder where to focus their efforts, here is something concrete―and more realistic than it may seem.

Trump has already committed grave misdeeds of the kind that the Constitutional founders described as high crimes and misdemeanors. With his commingling of his official duties and his personal enrichment, Trump will be in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution, which unambiguously prohibits any person holding public office from profiting from gifts or financial benefits from “any king, prince or Foreign state.”

Trump, who has entangled his business interests with his political connections at home and abroad, has already declared his contempt for these Constitutional protections. He declared, “The law is totally on my side, meaning the president can’t have a conflict of interest.” Oh, yes he can, and this president will.

In his dalliance with Vladimir Putin, Trump’s actions are skirting treason. John Shattuck, former Assistant Secretary of State for Human Rights and former Washington legal director of the ACLU has pointed to the constitutional definition of treason: a crime committed by a person “owing allegiance to the United States who... adheres to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort.” By undermining further investigation or sanctions against the Russian manipulation of the 2016 election, Trump as president would be giving aid and comfort to Russian interference with American democracy.

There will be a lot more once Trump takes office. Trump will make grievous mistakes. If we are lucky, they will be political and policy mistakes, not the sort of nuclear miscalculation that leaves the planet a cinder. If the blunders and assaults against the Constitution are serious enough, even Republicans in the House, which needs to originate an impeachment inquiry, will begin having second thoughts.

For instance, Trump will very likely use agencies of government to punish political enemies. The Articles of Impeachment against Richard Nixon explicitly cited Nixon’s political misuse of the CIA, the FBI and the IRS.

It’s worth recalling the Nixon chronology. In two years, the idea of impeaching Nixon went from loony-left fantasy, to mainstream, to inevitable.

More: Impeaching Trump | The Huffington Post

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of their country.

Bring it on. It won't change the facts that Hillary won't be President and that Ametica is through with Obama policies.

Donald Trump is wildly unfit to be president, and he will demonstrate that in ways that break the law and violate the Constitution. Since the election, there have been three wishful efforts to keep Trump from the presidency: a recount doomed by a lack of evidence; a futile campaign to flip Trump electors; and an even more improbable drive to get the Supreme Court to annul the 2016 election.

These moves, indicative of magical thinking, make Trump’s opposition look a lot weaker than it is―at a time when the stakes for the Republic could not be higher. There will also be marches and demonstrations, but they will also look weak unless they have a strategic focus.

There is only one constitutional way to remove a president, and that is via impeachment.

What’s needed is a citizens’ impeachment inquiry, to begin on Trump’s first day in office.

The inquiry should keep a running dossier, and forward updates at least weekly to the House Judiciary Committee. There will be no lack of evidence.

The materials should be made public via a website. The inquiry should be conducted by a distinguished panel whose high-mindedness and credentials are, well, unimpeachable.

There needs to be a parallel public campaign, pressing for an official investigation. For those appalled by Trump, who wonder where to focus their efforts, here is something concrete―and more realistic than it may seem.

Trump has already committed grave misdeeds of the kind that the Constitutional founders described as high crimes and misdemeanors. With his commingling of his official duties and his personal enrichment, Trump will be in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution, which unambiguously prohibits any person holding public office from profiting from gifts or financial benefits from “any king, prince or Foreign state.”

Trump, who has entangled his business interests with his political connections at home and abroad, has already declared his contempt for these Constitutional protections. He declared, “The law is totally on my side, meaning the president can’t have a conflict of interest.” Oh, yes he can, and this president will.

In his dalliance with Vladimir Putin, Trump’s actions are skirting treason. John Shattuck, former Assistant Secretary of State for Human Rights and former Washington legal director of the ACLU has pointed to the constitutional definition of treason: a crime committed by a person “owing allegiance to the United States who... adheres to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort.” By undermining further investigation or sanctions against the Russian manipulation of the 2016 election, Trump as president would be giving aid and comfort to Russian interference with American democracy.

There will be a lot more once Trump takes office. Trump will make grievous mistakes. If we are lucky, they will be political and policy mistakes, not the sort of nuclear miscalculation that leaves the planet a cinder. If the blunders and assaults against the Constitution are serious enough, even Republicans in the House, which needs to originate an impeachment inquiry, will begin having second thoughts.

For instance, Trump will very likely use agencies of government to punish political enemies. The Articles of Impeachment against Richard Nixon explicitly cited Nixon’s political misuse of the CIA, the FBI and the IRS.

It’s worth recalling the Nixon chronology. In two years, the idea of impeaching Nixon went from loony-left fantasy, to mainstream, to inevitable.

The Left has really, completely, lost its shit.

I don't know about any of that, except I am getting worried at how far he has taken his stance against believing the FBI, CIA, et al that Russia hacked the DNC. A President publicly refuting all of this country's intelligence agencies cannot be a good thing. At some point, this will cause problems.

President Pence has a better ring to it than President Trump does.

Impeach away, Libtards.
YUCK! Where has he been for the past month, anyway? They seem to have sent milquetoast on an extended vacation.

From the OP:

Trump is far more of a menace than Nixon. Trump will commit impeachable offenses. There is no way to contain him other than removing him from office, before the damage to our democracy is irrevocable. The process of building the impeachment case needs to begin now.

Being impeached doesn't mean he will be removed from office.

Which impeachable offenses will he commit?

Yes, I'm a sucker; I haven't seen anything worth stalking yet.
Seen anything? Okay

I don't know about any of that, except I am getting worried at how far he has taken his stance against believing the FBI, CIA, et al that Russia hacked the DNC. A President publicly refuting all of this country's intelligence agencies cannot be a good thing. At some point, this will cause problems.
The problem is Obama has so grossly distorted and gravely misused the intel for political purposes that Trump would be remiss in his duties if he did not call all of this into question.

The problem is Obama has so grossly distorted and gravely misused the intel for political purposes that Trump would be remiss in his duties if he did not call all of this into question.
No, Obama hasn't. Trump can quietly look into whatever he questions, but this....this is not going to be helpful to anyone.

Forum List

Back