Importance Of Youth Discipline

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
This is another horrible story of youth killing , 3 teens ages,12,15 and 17.killed 3 teens ages 16 and 17.
I see it in my own family far as not teaching them 'enough 'respect and discipline.
Young people think they know it all and this needs to be controlled with proper guidance.
I have lots of grandkids, mostly in their 30s and friends with kids.

Last edited:
This is another horrible story of youth killing , 3 teens ages,12,15 and 17.killed 3 teens ages 16 and 17.
I see it in my own family far as not teaching them 'enough 'respect and discipline.
Young people think they know it all and this needs to be controlled with proper guidance.
I have lots of grandkids, mostly in their 30s and friends with kids.

Zero Tolerance was a failure because it led to ridiculous punishments for, say, a kid chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun, etc.

Where we are now is the exact opposite extreme of that, however--and it's terrible. "Restorative justice", "Social emotional learning"--it's all bunk for the most part. As a teacher, it's always been very important to me to be kind, compassionate, and empathetic to all my students. But allowing them complete freedom and/or putting up with an environment where there is little to no discipline is not kind, or compassionate, or empathetic.

I hope and pray we can reel this back in. I'm not so sure, though.

When have teens been disciplined? This is a social problem. it's far worse today as in the 80s a teen could at least get a job doing labour and there wasn't so much division among society. Now what do the youth look forward to? Trying to be a youtube star?

Forum List

Back