Improving existing infrastructure is cheaper than building from scratch

R

rdean

Improving existing infrastructure is cheaper than building from scratch

We know this to be true. The problem is the GOP wants to tear down the country. This is why they block everything and don't offer to improve anything.

Boehner: Judge Congress by how many laws it repeals, not passes - NBC Politics

"We should not be judged on how many new laws we create," the nation's top elected Republican said on CBS. "We ought to be judged on how many laws we repeal."

So how many have they passed? 15? How many have they repealed? None?

So we know they want to block health care, the number one cause of bankruptcy. We know they block every jobs bill. We know they don't want to help veterans. We know they want to bring down the president. We think they want to bring down the country as a way of getting at the president.

Why? How can you say you are protecting something by destroying it? This past month, they increased unemployment and cost the country another 24 billion on top of the trillions in debt under Bush they did to "redistribute the wealth". How much more damage until it's "enough"?

I've seen countless renovation projects where the builder discovers, far too late, that it would have been cheaper to bulldoze the whole thing and start from scratch.

There has been non stop work in my area on roads and bridges for the last 10 years at least.
One major project on the Belt Parkway around exit 13 going towards Queens is just about done.
Major work on roads just past the toll plaza on Staten Island is wrapping up.

So when I see the lefties crying and wetting their pants about how we need to improve infrastructure...

Yes we do and we have been doing so all along.

Last edited:
There has been non stop work in my area on roads and bridges for the last 10 years at least.
One major project on the Belt Parkway around exit 13 going towards Queens is just about done.

So when I see the lefties crying and wetting their pants about how we need to improve infrastructure...

So, let me see if I understand this. Rozman has seen road construction around her home. And therefor assumes that that indicates there is no need for infrastructure anywhere in the us.

Got it. So, with a mind capable of that little extrapolation error, does anyone have a problem wondering if cons like Rozman are stupid??? Or are they just being dishonest???

Lets see, using that logic:
A major bridge over a major river on a major freeway (Interstate 5) just fell into that major river (SKAGIT RIVER). Therefor, it must be true that most bridges need to be replaced.

Last edited:

So, let me see if I understand this. Rozman has seen road construction around her home. And therefor assumes that that indicates there is no need for infrastructure anywhere in the us.

Got it. So, with a mind capable of that little extrapolation error, does anyone have a problem wondering if cons like Rozman are stupid??? Or are they just being dishonest???

Lets see, using that logic:
A major bridge over a major river on a major freeway (Interstate 5) just fell into that major river (SKAGIT RIVER). Therefor, it must be true that most bridges need to be replaced.

Breaking news....

Democrats want to tear down the Brooklyn Bridge and replace it because it would be cheaper....

Sorry to see the old girl go... :eek:

I thought Obama said if we liked our 100+ year old historic bridges we could keep them?

Forum List

Back