IN 2020, the CIA lied to the US Senate, saying that the Hunter Biden laptop story was "Russian disinformation"

Wouldn’t it have been nice if the CIA came out and said Trump was lying about his campaign having connections to Russians in 2016?

I’m sure you assholes would have been okay with that.

There were no connections.
This planet that you live on - does it not have sufficient oxygen?

The FBI has the laptop that was allegedly dropped off at the repair center. But the CIA sounds very spooky! The DOJ used information in his "checking the box" conviction. No information from the laptop has been used to bring corruption charges against President Biden or his son.

Help the "DUH Heap State" is coming to get me!
How does any of that change the fact that half of America has lost confidence in the CIA?

How does any of that change the fact that half of America has lost confidence in the CIA?

I don’t think half the nation has lost faith in the CIA. I don’t think they ever had any faith in the CIA after 9/11 and the Iraq War lies.

Leftists lost all faith in the CIA during the 70’s and their South American debacle, and in the 80’s during Iran-Contra.

The only reason Republicans now hate the CIA is they keep finding illegal shot that Trump is doing overseas.

Are you expecting the CIA to admit to false statements to congress? That would blow up years of lies and fraud by the democrats.
Your assumption being Lee is being truthful and in no way misrepresenting what the CIA officers said. I suspect they said something similar to what was said in the letter by the 51 former officials. Which is not that the laptop contained Russian disinformation, but rather the matter of the laptop had all the characteristics of a Russian disinformation campaign. A distinction rabid nitwits fail to make.

Your assumption being Lee is being truthful and in no way misrepresenting what the CIA officers said. I suspect they said something similar to what was said in the letter by the 51 former officials. Which is not that the laptop contained Russian disinformation, but rather the matter of the laptop had all the characteristics of a Russian disinformation campaign. A distinction rabid nitwits fail to make.

The highest officials within the CIA were aware of the statement prior to its publication. CIA’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) Andrew Makridis testified that he informed Director Gina Haspel or Deputy Director Vaughn Frederick Bishop about its impending release. This sequence of events suggests that senior CIA leadership had ample opportunity to assess the validity of the statement's claims. Furthermore, the COO’s office appeared to signal approval of the statement in a move that departed from standard Prepublication Classification Review Board (PCRB) protocols.

Yes
The rabid nitwit Democrats took it as gospel.

As profession liars they were careful to not actually lie in the letter.
Well they did lie didn't they? The intent was to risk their reputations to defend the junkie son of the president. Of course they depended on Biden and the media to shield them if the doo-doo hit the fan and they did to a certain extent.

Many of the "former intelligence officials" who signed the fake letter repeating Biden's lie about "Russian disinformation" were not , in fact, "former", they were actively employed by the CIA at the time.

From my link:
Additionally, some of the statement's signatories were on active contract with the CIA at the time they issued the statement to discredit damaging allegations about Biden family influence peddling. Despite claiming they lacked access to classified information at the time, at least two signatories—Michael Morell and former CIA Inspector General David Buckley—were actively working for the CIA as contractors. This revelation raises concerns that these officials may have abused their positions to expedite the statement's approval and may have been earning taxpayer dollars while they did it.
The Jordan-Turner letter connects this to social media companies blocking or limiting the sharing of the story, saying of the Oct. 19 statement, “Social media companies simultaneously restricted access to the [New York] Post story.”

But the letter appears to have omitted key context, including whether Blinken actually pushed for such a statement.

On Friday afternoon, House Democrats released an excerpt from Morell’s interview in which Morell actually addressed that. Asked whether Blinken had directed, suggested or insinuated that he should write such a statement, Morell said, “My memory is that he did not.”

“Mr. Morell testified that Mr. Blinken did not hint that the Biden campaign ‘could use some help on this’ or suggest that Mr. Morell should ‘cook up something’ that the campaign should use,” the House Judiciary Democrats said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/04/21/hunter-biden-laptop-jim-jordan/

Poof goes another conspiracy theory.

The Jordan-Turner letter connects this to social media companies blocking or limiting the sharing of the story, saying of the Oct. 19 statement, “Social media companies simultaneously restricted access to the [New York] Post story.”

But the letter appears to have omitted key context, including whether Blinken actually pushed for such a statement.

On Friday afternoon, House Democrats released an excerpt from Morell’s interview in which Morell actually addressed that. Asked whether Blinken had directed, suggested or insinuated that he should write such a statement, Morell said, “My memory is that he did not.”

“Mr. Morell testified that Mr. Blinken did not hint that the Biden campaign ‘could use some help on this’ or suggest that Mr. Morell should ‘cook up something’ that the campaign should use,” the House Judiciary Democrats said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/04/21/hunter-biden-laptop-jim-jordan/

Poof goes another conspiracy theory.

This has nothing to do with the CIA colluding with the Biden campaign to spread lies to help get Joe elected.

Try again? :badgrin:

Well they did lie didn't they? The intent was to risk their reputations to defend the junkie son of the president. Of course they depended on Biden and the media to shield them if the doo-doo hit the fan and they did to a certain extent.

I still think no, legally.

Forum List

Back