In a #metoo world, how did Call Me By Your Name get nominated?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I kept hearing about this movie, and as I suspected, it was about gay guys having sex. Of course, the people in Hollywood nominated it for an Oscar....showing again, that they don't care about the victims of sexual abuse.....

The plot of the movie...a 24 year old guy has sex with a 17 year old boy......and had that 24 year old been his teacher, he would have gone to jail.....but Hollywood still thinks this is a great topic for a movie...#theyreallydon'tcareaboutvictimsofabuse....

I kept hearing about this movie, and as I suspected, it was about gay guys having sex. Of course, the people in Hollywood nominated it for an Oscar....showing again, that they don't care about the victims of sexual abuse.....

The plot of the movie...a 24 year old guy has sex with a 17 year old boy......and had that 24 year old been his teacher, he would have gone to jail.....but Hollywood still thinks this is a great topic for a movie...#theyreallydon'tcareaboutvictimsofabuse....

It's rather obvious, of course. Hollywood is in on the effort to legitimize and normalize pedophilia. To that end, they're not pushing a movie that is just on the edge of it, about a sexual relationship between an adult and a barely-minor. It won't be long, if this trend continues, before they are pushing movies glorifying sexual relationships between older grownups and younger children. This movie is just a small step, to push the boundary a bit, preparing it to be pushed a bit further by the next movie in this line.

Sexual oriented movies in Hollywood? When did this start happening, like when our grandparents were still knocking boots?

It's rather obvious, of course. Hollywood is in on the effort to legitimize and normalize pedophilia. To that end, they're not pushing a movie that is just on the edge of it, about a sexual relationship between an adult and a barely-minor. It won't be long, if this trend continues, before they are pushing movies glorifying sexual relationships between older grownups and younger children. This movie is just a small step, to push the boundary a bit, preparing it to be pushed a bit further by the next movie in this line.
What pedophilia?

Next year's Oscar nominations have already started production, so there will be plenty of movies to choose from...

1. A Few Hard Men

2. A Pecker Runs Through It

3. Anus and Andy Go To Town

4. Bat Dude and Throbbin

5. Bi-Curious George

6. Black Cock Down

7. Edward Penishands

8. Nightmare on Dyke Street

You're upset about a 24 year old and 17 year old having a consensual relationship, in a movie based on a book and set in 1983 Italy? For that matter, 17 is at or above the age of consent in a number of US states.

This seems like a real stretch to try to discredit Hollywood and/or the #metoo movement. :dunno:

In 1941 my grandparents were married....Grandma was 19...Papa was 43...Not unusual at all....

They already have...Nicole kidman was in a movie like that and there have been a few others....think American Beauty....

They already have...Nicole kidman was in a movie like that and there have been a few others....think American Beauty....

I've seen American Beauty. While it approached the line, it stopped just short of crossing it. The middle-aged guy spends most of the movie fantasizing about his daughter's underage friend, and at the end, when he finally has the chance to fulfill that fantasy, he comes to his senses and doesn't go through with it. There could have been a very good, very profound, uplifting ending, but that old military faggot ruined it by shooting the main character in the head. Anyway, for all the hype, it really wasn't that good a movie. In fact, on the whole, I thought is was crap.

You're upset about a 24 year old and 17 year old having a consensual relationship, in a movie based on a book and set in 1983 Italy? For that matter, 17 is at or above the age of consent in a number of US states.

This seems like a real stretch to try to discredit Hollywood and/or the #metoo movement. :dunno:

Next time, it'll be a 30-year ireland a 15-year-old.

After that, a 40-year-old and a 12-year-old.

How young will the younger character have to be before you acknowledge the extreme inappropriateness of it? Perhaps never, if they boil your friog slowly enough.

Next time, it'll be a 30-year ireland a 15-year-old.

After that, a 40-year-old and a 12-year-old.

How young will the younger character have to be before you acknowledge the extreme inappropriateness of it? Perhaps never, if they boil your friog slowly enough.

Younger than 17. ;)

From what I've read, the age of consent in Italy is actually 14. The novel and movie could have had a younger character and, apparently, it might not have been deemed inappropriate there. And as I mentioned, 17 is at or above the age of consent in a number of US states. So even in this country, in many places, the relationship would not have been considered inappropriate, at least legally.

And whether you consider it appropriate or not, a 24 year old and 17 year old having a sexual relationship is most certainly not pedophilia.

Forum List

Back