In Syria, a shrinking city struggles on between terrifying air raids

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
We are so lucky not to have gone through what these Syrians have. They certainly are resilient.

In Syria, a shrinking city struggles on between terrifying air raids

In Aleppo, Syria's largest city, a kebab vendor works in the midst of a destroyed building. As Syria's war rages on, Aleppo is a city under gradual demolition, with a shrinking civilian population struggling to survive.

by Raja Abdulrahim
Reporting from Aleppo, Syria
April 11, 2014

The family members stood shivering on a balcony in Aleppo's Anadan suburb as midnight approached, their sleep interrupted by the nightly duty of a government helicopter pilot somewhere above them.

They followed the sound of the helicopter's whirring blades as well as scratchy updates coming over a walkie-talkie from rebels spread throughout the area.

News came in that the helicopter had dropped two barrel bombs — oil drums filled with TNT that can level buildings — on nearby towns.

Continue reading at:

In Syria, a shrinking city struggles on between terrifying air raids - latimes.com

And?? ... :cool:

And -- the Sunni troll is back. He quit because, in his childish way, he was peeved that he wasn't allowed to give as many negative rep as he wished, but I imagine he was itching to get back to giving as many as he could.
'

I missed Silly-Sally ... :eusa_angel:

As the readers can see, Sunni Man really has no interest in what is going on in the Middle East. Like some man who has the mind of a child, he just likes to troll. Does anyone really think that Sunni Man has any compassion for what the people in Syria are going through? He just comes to this forum to troll. This way he gets his cheap thrills. No go ahead, Sunni Man, continue showing the readers how you get your cheap thrills.

As the readers can see, Sunni Man really has no interest in what is going on in the Middle East. Like some man who has the mind of a child, he just likes to troll. Does anyone really think that Sunni Man has any compassion for what the people in Syria are going through? He just comes to this forum to troll. This way he gets his cheap thrills. No go ahead, Sunni Man, continue showing the readers how you get your cheap thrills.

One thing I noticed is that when he stopped posting, so did Sherri.

One thing I noticed is that when he stopped posting, so did Sherri.

No, I don't think the Sunni Troll and Sherri have anything to do with each other. The Sunni Troll was peeved because like a child, he couldn't run around giving as many Rep points as he wanted to within a certain time period, as if these Rep points were such a big thing in his life. I have noticed that when I scroll down the forums and some poster has put up some article (whichever forum he might post it on), someone is always Neg repping him if that what the Red thumbs down means besides his posts. Evidently he must have an enemy on these forums, and someone can't seem to restrain himself from Neg repping him even though quite a few of his articles are very interesting..

Who knows what happened to Sherri. I picture her sitting in a rocking chair a la Norman Bates' mother while the Iranian gang takes over for her, like Defeat67. You have to remember that Sherri appeared to be winding down when Defeat67 showed up..

Ah , another Bates Motel fan.

I'm just curious what Sunni Man was doing all those months that he wasn't posting here.

Or maybe I should ask, what forums was he posting on when he wasn't posting on here!

Forum List

Back