In US Illegally killed up to 18 people in dallas

Here lies one of the largest problems of our broken immigration system, the inability to keep track on anyone here illegally or who overstays a visa. Anyone entering the country legally, with a visa, should have had a background check for any criminal history (both US and country of origin) before they get the visa. But, even then of they overstay the visa there is no way to track them down and send them home.

Also, Congress needs to get off their butts and enact legislation requiring law enforcement agencies cooperate with CBP & ICE. Regardless of whether an individual is here legally or not, they've been arrested for something. Once tried and if convicted ICE should be notified and allowed to place a hold on these people so they can be deported. I wore a badge and worked in a county jail in California. The "can't cooperate" with Border Patrol was an on again & off again deal. But, we had our ways around the cooperation issue. We wouldn't say a word to Border Patrol, but they did have access to the custody files. So, we couldn't help and we were told not to stop them either. Do I think Congress will enact such legislation? Hell no, it will not happen in the rest of my lifetime.

Yet, in the end we have no way to track those who shouldn't be here and it does not help at all that states are allowing illegals to gain driver's licenses, which is a step towards legitimizing their lawful status in the US. Take that license and a phony birth certificate down to Social Security and get your Social Security number issued. Yes, it can be done. There were inmates in our jail at different times on charges of providing false documents to illegals. It's a moneymaker for anyone willing to do it, but the retirement plan isn't all that great (prison).

Also this country needs to fix the deportation proceedings. Immigration courts are drowning in the backlog of cases to hear. If an illegal immigrant does choose to voluntarily be deported, they then get added to the backlog. It's just crazy.

We have to stop people, the kind of animals in the referenced story, from being here.It would certainly be a step in the right direction.

In US Illegally killed up to 18 people in dallas

LOL - ok, anything you say ..

derp derp

To democrats he's a true hero. He eliminated those who should have had the good sense to commit assisted suicide.

Who has said "lets keep all illegals here"...anyone? Link?

Pretty much most liberals I know want criminals convicted of violent crimes fast tracked OUT of the US.
Progressives encourage illegal aliens and their bad behavior

Pretty much most liberals I know want criminals convicted of violent crimes fast tracked OUT of the US.

That's a non answer. Who has said keep all illegals here? Who opposes deporting violent criminals? :dunno:

That's a non answer. Who has said keep all illegals here? Who opposes deporting violent criminals? :dunno:
The very first act an illegal alien does in this country is illegal... That alone makes them pieces of shit

Your liberal leaders do not. They stand opposed to any effort to deport anyone, no matter how much of a criminal they are!

Your liberal leaders!

Here lies one of the largest problems of our broken immigration system, the inability to keep track on anyone here illegally or who overstays a visa. Anyone entering the country legally, with a visa, should have had a background check for any criminal history (both US and country of origin) before they get the visa. But, even then of they overstay the visa there is no way to track them down and send them home.

Also, Congress needs to get off their butts and enact legislation requiring law enforcement agencies cooperate with CBP & ICE. Regardless of whether an individual is here legally or not, they've been arrested for something. Once tried and if convicted ICE should be notified and allowed to place a hold on these people so they can be deported. I wore a badge and worked in a county jail in California. The "can't cooperate" with Border Patrol was an on again & off again deal. But, we had our ways around the cooperation issue. We wouldn't say a word to Border Patrol, but they did have access to the custody files. So, we couldn't help and we were told not to stop them either. Do I think Congress will enact such legislation? Hell no, it will not happen in the rest of my lifetime.

Yet, in the end we have no way to track those who shouldn't be here and it does not help at all that states are allowing illegals to gain driver's licenses, which is a step towards legitimizing their lawful status in the US. Take that license and a phony birth certificate down to Social Security and get your Social Security number issued. Yes, it can be done. There were inmates in our jail at different times on charges of providing false documents to illegals. It's a moneymaker for anyone willing to do it, but the retirement plan isn't all that great (prison).

Also this country needs to fix the deportation proceedings. Immigration courts are drowning in the backlog of cases to hear. If an illegal immigrant does choose to voluntarily be deported, they then get added to the backlog. It's just crazy.

We have to stop people, the kind of animals in the referenced story, from being here.It would certainly be a step in the right direction.
I think a good way to mitigate the visa overstay problem would be require everyone who wants a worker or student visa to post a bond that is forfeited if they do not show up at the border when their visa expires. Then private bounty hunters would track them down for fun and profit.

Forum List

Back