🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Income Inequality: Anything More than a Political Slogan?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Is there something inherently wrong with income inequality? Does it violate some economic principle (outside of Marxist ideology)? Is it a matter of degree? Unfairness? Greed?

The only substance I can detect from this phrase is that it promotes either envy or jealousy, depending on the mindset of the unsophisticated listener. (Envy is when you want what someone else has, but jealousy is when you're worried someone's trying to take what you have.) Envy is a baser instinct, whereas jealousy requires that you believe that you already have a right to something of which you are being deprived.

Which appeals to you?

No, it is nothing more than a political construct intended to keep the unskilled masses inflamed so they will vote for the hand that feeds them from other people's pockets.

I get a kick out of wealthy politicians whining about income equality....and their sheeple buying into it. Democrats are truly stupid creatures

If y'all don't mind that Apple, for example, pays no income tax at all, then there's no such thing as income inequality.

Or is it just that you're afraid to anger the Corporate Gods lest they refuse to let you have the next iPhone?

If y'all don't mind that Apple, for example, pays no income tax at all,
congress writes the tax code...don't like it?..call your congressman.

then there's no such thing as income inequality.
Sure there is "income inequality"... there always will be. That's how the real world works. There are valid reasons doctors make more than clerks.
What do you suggest? everyone in america meet every friday in the mcdonalds parking lot and exchange money until everyone has the same amount?...or do you want the government to be in charge of ensuring "equality"? ....LMAO

Or is it just that you're afraid to anger the Corporate Gods lest they refuse to let you have the next iPhone?
:blahblah:

EDIT;
a communist looks at a wealthy person and says "no one should have so much"...a capitalist looks at a wealthy person and says "Everyone should have so much".

I'll credit reagan with that (approximate) quote

Forum List

Back