"Income Inequality": So What?

Before you can address the disappearing middle class, you need to address why so many people are opting to be taken care of by an increasingly totalitarian government. In order to get to the place where the government is the sole provider, you need to be considered poor enough for the government to exercise that kind of power. The government will help you divest yourself of such anachronisms like pride in accomplishments and self reliance.

On the other side, the void left by those opting to be poor as an early and permanent retirement is being filled by the over achievers who are accumulating great wealth at the expense of those who, like Bartleby, prefer not to.

Our culture is not merely losing the middle class. The middle class is opting out of being middle class. They are choosing to be slaves or masters.

I'm tired of listening to you spew your bitter, wealth envy bullshit. Why don't you give us a little historical perspective on your particular experiences. I'm betting you dropped out of high school and have worked a succession of entry level jobs thinking you were going to "make a living". I'd be interested to know the actual truth, so spill it.

There is a way to get ahead in America and it hasn't changed. You behave and keep your nose clean, you develop a real work ethic starting with a minimum wage job as a kid, you work smarter and harder and make yourself stand out to your management, you get an education in a field that is in demand and pays well. You get a job in that field and use your knowledge, experience and work ethic to move up and get ahead.

The term "working hard" is meaningless. Moving one heavy rock from one place to another is "hard work", but it won't put a roof over your head or food in your belly. There will always be grunt labor jobs that are "hard" that won't pay much money because any fool can do them.

I'm sick of reading the endless pro-wealthy and pro mega-corporate, as well as the hate filled bs of anything moderate or democratic coming from you and your lame side so I guess we're even. I highly doubt you'd view anything I state as truth, but I could be wrong. Have you ever been wrong? Hell, you refuse to recognize reality or facts/data so what would make me think you'd believe anything I'd state?

I'll make you deal you spill the beans on your life story and I'll oblige the same. All you'll get from me until is that I hold a bachelor of science degree with a minor.

Hate filled BS? Dude, are you looking in the mirror.......because you're the bitter, wealth envy guy who wants to stick it to the "man" for being "unfair".

Sure, I'll spill the beans. I was born in 1957 to parents who grew up in houses with no running water or electricity, grown up in the depression and went thru WWII. My dad plowed the family farm with a team of mules before he graduated high school and enlisted in the Marines in 1942. When he got out, he and my mom married. He went thru a succession of jobs before moving to the "city" and working 32 years at a meat packing plant. He was a disciplined, moral, Christian man who didn't drink or cuss. His only vice was smoking. Over time, his pay increased because he was an asset to the company. He put a roof over four kids heads, clothed us, fed us and paid for a college education he never had. He did better than his parents and he was determined in kind that his kids would do better than him. He built a den, master bedroom and bathroom onto our modest two bedroom, wood frame house. My 82 year old mother still lives there. Eventually, he was able to by a lot and cabin at a lake as well as a travel trailer he and mom pulled all over the country in retirement. He was a life long Democrat and a union member.......but the Democratic party from then to now are two entirely different animals.

Me, I minded my P's and Q's because I knew I'd get the belt if I got out of line or got in trouble. I respected my teachers and my elders and paid attention in school. I dug ditches for the plumber across the street from us when I was 14. When I was 16, I went to work stocking shelves in a department store. From there I went to work in a grocery store where I started by doing carry out, then bagging, cashier and eventually working in the office. I learned a lot about business, work ethic, customer service, etc. while working those jobs.

Upon graduation in 1975, I went to college and graduated there in 1979. I started working part time at a bank as a courier. Then I became a teller and eventually went full time. After a couple of years doing that, I was hired as a customer service rep for a bank that did data processing for banks across the state. I got married and had a furnished apartment and two car payments. Money didn't go far, but we made it. Eventually, we were able to buy our own furniture, then a brand new house. I became a customer service supervisor and then a customer service officer. After about 6 years working there, banks hit the skids in the late 80's and the bank decided to get out of the data processing business. I knew I would lose my job as we shed customers, so I found another job with a company that did data processing for savings and loans. I was on the conversion teams that converted new S&L customers off of their old data processing system onto ours. After 5 or 6 years, the bottom fell out of the S&L's and I was "deconverting" customers off of our system over to the surviving S&L's or banks that were buying their assets. I know my days were numbered there and went to work for one of the largest banks in the state as an operations officer overseeing their checking account system. Banking was changing and larger regional banks were buying up the larger state banks. I saw it coming and went to work for another data processing company who I've worked for 16 years now.

I was able to move from job to job without missing a single day of work in 33 years now because I work hard and more importantly "smart" and built a solid reputation. Those evil rich bankers wanted me because I increase their bottom line. They pay me pretty decently for it too. My wife on the other hand, only has an associate degree from a junior college and has managed to out earn me by about 35% over the last 10 years or so. She works "hard" using her brain muscle.

Our son is 19 and a sophomore in college. Education was a top priority in our home. He knew it and his teachers knew it. The first day of school, his teachers would get an email from me stating so and that if there were any issues, I wanted them to let me know so we could work together to resolve them. We checked his homework every night. He became an honor student and was in the gifted class. He has chosen an engineering field of study that is highly sought after. His college is one of only two with an accredited program and there are only about 200 total in his program. Large corporations seek these students out for paid internships after their sopomore year and the vast majority graduate with a job waiting for them that pays in the high 5 figures and sometime the low 6 figures. He will do better than his mother and I.........because like my father before me, we planned it that way and instilled the needed values in him. He is an Eagle Scout and has worked since he was 16 and had to buy his own truck while maintaining straight A's. He already has a strong work ethic and laughs at the kids who think their boss "owes" them something for simply showing up.

So, those are my beans. The rules to the game are fairly simple. It worked for my dad back when he started in the late 40's and early 50s, me in the late 70's and early 80's and my son now. Anyone can do it. America is still the land of opportunity. Quit worrying about what the guy at the top has and why you think it isn't fair and that the government should take it and give part of it to you. Instead, ask what he did right that you can emulate and earn your own piece of the pie.

Like I said earlier, CAN'T never did anything.

I palyed Fordy. Now it's your turn to tell us why you are where you are. Come on, man up.

Let me begin stating that times are nothing at all like they used to be. I was born in 59, first of 3 children to a steelworker (36 years - retired) and house mom. We had electricity and running water in NW IL. :tongue:

I dropped out of school in 75 and went straight to work as a warehouseman. Received my ged in 81. Got hired on as a trackman with Chicago & NW RR before relocating to TX to work for Norfolk Southern and hopefully year-round. Later I went to work for a very large construction contractor based out of Tulsa, OK, working in TX. Returned to IL in 87 working the state as soil surveyor before accepting a job for a slaughter/packing house as a foreman and ended up in the offset printing trade for 8 years before returning to school. Received my B.S. of Science in Recreation Management, minoring in Environmental Studies and graduated in 99.

Stayed in downstate IL after getting my degree and have been here going on 20 years. Worked for the park district as asst super of their 18 hole golf course, while trying to get on with the state in conservation. No go, even with my degree. Ended up taking a job helping a young man/entrepreneur get a franchise up and running, hurt my back badly and he suddenly had no use for me. After a year long recovery process and after sending out and delivering well over 150 app's I decided to put my one of my expertise's in lawncare and landscape to work and now have my own business for the past 4 years which is doing quite well. Puts food on the table with some left over.

I have 4 children, one dying at birth, 3 of which are still alive. Oldest boy is 34 and works for a secretive electronic hardware developer. 2nd son is 17 and doing well. Youngest daughter is now 15 and doing very well in school and sports.

As I stated at the very start times are NOTHING like they were back then, so there is no need for comparison imho. Unemployment for youth is currently in the 20% range, blacks 15%, whites 8.2% and I believe those figures do not tell the entire story or are accurate of just how bad it is. Wages have been going down or stagnant for blue collar workers for decades - since the reagan days and trickle-down bs that has not worked and never will, WHILE wealth has been increasing steadily for corporations and the upper 10%.

"Can't" ain't got shit to do with this depression combined with the foreclosures fiasco the banks brought on themselves and have no one to blame but themselves, but then again they don't give a rats ass what we peasants think.

Last edited:
BTW thanks for confirming what I already thought. Do you honestly believe I have the hate-filled bs market cornered?? I sincerely think not after reading the endless hate filled rants regarding lib's/dem's/ and people in general coming mostly from the right/wrong side of the aisle. Oh yah!!

Last edited:
That is EXACTLY what I'm stating! He's a rich punk and born a rich punk who has never worked a day in his life in comparison to blue collar workers. Why would you defend such a crook unless of course you are a crook also.:lol:

Nope, not even close to being stupid, but do wholeheartedly disagree with your long line of knee-deep bs. Nice try though, just the same!:eusa_clap:

OK, so Romney never worked at Bain, he never had anything to do with the Olympics, he was never governor of Mass.
I'd like for you to meet reality sometime.

Amazing to me that ANYONE feels the need to go to bat for some rich pos who shuffles papers for a living, if you are a blue collar worker. Unless of course you either misled OR, are a rich pos too, feeling the need to defend other wealthy pos'. :eusa_whistle:

"Goddamn the concept of right and wrong! If you're not rich, you HAVE to hate the wealthy and want everything taken from them! There is no morality except self-pity!"

You should know there's not a single person on this thread who has gotten as far as this post and not figured out EXACTLY why your life is a piece of shit, other than you yourself. Also, in response to your earlier statement that your employer "pays you a pittance compared to your worth", there's not a single person on this board besides you who is not by this point convinced that your employer is paying you far in excess of your worth, most likely out of pity.

OK, so Romney never worked at Bain, he never had anything to do with the Olympics, he was never governor of Mass.
I'd like for you to meet reality sometime.

Amazing to me that ANYONE feels the need to go to bat for some rich pos who shuffles papers for a living, if you are a blue collar worker. Unless of course you either misled OR, are a rich pos too, feeling the need to defend other wealthy pos'. :eusa_whistle:

"Goddamn the concept of right and wrong! If you're not rich, you HAVE to hate the wealthy and want everything taken from them! There is no morality except self-pity!"

You should know there's not a single person on this thread who has gotten as far as this post and not figured out EXACTLY why your life is a piece of shit, other than you yourself. Also, in response to your earlier statement that your employer "pays you a pittance compared to your worth", there's not a single person on this board besides you who is not by this point convinced that your employer is paying you far in excess of your worth, most likely out of pity.

Is it a norm here that most everyone who is far right have to blow shit completely out of proportion, or just plain make shit up, lie, hate, etc? Assholes galore!!

Last edited:
Retired? Wow, must be nice. Neither of my in-law's can afford to retire. Must have been lucrative. I work.

Apparently, Fords defines "work" as "spending time doing something that can never possibly provide an adequate income, and whining like a girl all the while".

In the short story Harrison Bergernon, Kurt Vonnegut envisioned a society of absolute equality. Dancers had cinder blocks tied to their feet so they would be as good as the worst dancer. People of intelligence had devices that would periodically interfere with their thinking so they would never get a better idea than the person with no imagination.

Harrison Bergeron

THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren't only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General.

One of my favorites! Interesting that video media was the way they used to control the populace. In the movie, the President was selected by lottery, if I recall, and the most recent POTUS was a steelworker from Pittsburg. Interesting how he handled a Middle East crisis, too.

I'm sick of reading the endless pro-wealthy and pro mega-corporate, as well as the hate filled bs of anything moderate or democratic coming from you and your lame side so I guess we're even. I highly doubt you'd view anything I state as truth, but I could be wrong. Have you ever been wrong? Hell, you refuse to recognize reality or facts/data so what would make me think you'd believe anything I'd state?

I'll make you deal you spill the beans on your life story and I'll oblige the same. All you'll get from me until is that I hold a bachelor of science degree with a minor.

Hate filled BS? Dude, are you looking in the mirror.......because you're the bitter, wealth envy guy who wants to stick it to the "man" for being "unfair".

Sure, I'll spill the beans. I was born in 1957 to parents who grew up in houses with no running water or electricity, grown up in the depression and went thru WWII. My dad plowed the family farm with a team of mules before he graduated high school and enlisted in the Marines in 1942. When he got out, he and my mom married. He went thru a succession of jobs before moving to the "city" and working 32 years at a meat packing plant. He was a disciplined, moral, Christian man who didn't drink or cuss. His only vice was smoking. Over time, his pay increased because he was an asset to the company. He put a roof over four kids heads, clothed us, fed us and paid for a college education he never had. He did better than his parents and he was determined in kind that his kids would do better than him. He built a den, master bedroom and bathroom onto our modest two bedroom, wood frame house. My 82 year old mother still lives there. Eventually, he was able to by a lot and cabin at a lake as well as a travel trailer he and mom pulled all over the country in retirement. He was a life long Democrat and a union member.......but the Democratic party from then to now are two entirely different animals.

Me, I minded my P's and Q's because I knew I'd get the belt if I got out of line or got in trouble. I respected my teachers and my elders and paid attention in school. I dug ditches for the plumber across the street from us when I was 14. When I was 16, I went to work stocking shelves in a department store. From there I went to work in a grocery store where I started by doing carry out, then bagging, cashier and eventually working in the office. I learned a lot about business, work ethic, customer service, etc. while working those jobs.

Upon graduation in 1975, I went to college and graduated there in 1979. I started working part time at a bank as a courier. Then I became a teller and eventually went full time. After a couple of years doing that, I was hired as a customer service rep for a bank that did data processing for banks across the state. I got married and had a furnished apartment and two car payments. Money didn't go far, but we made it. Eventually, we were able to buy our own furniture, then a brand new house. I became a customer service supervisor and then a customer service officer. After about 6 years working there, banks hit the skids in the late 80's and the bank decided to get out of the data processing business. I knew I would lose my job as we shed customers, so I found another job with a company that did data processing for savings and loans. I was on the conversion teams that converted new S&L customers off of their old data processing system onto ours. After 5 or 6 years, the bottom fell out of the S&L's and I was "deconverting" customers off of our system over to the surviving S&L's or banks that were buying their assets. I know my days were numbered there and went to work for one of the largest banks in the state as an operations officer overseeing their checking account system. Banking was changing and larger regional banks were buying up the larger state banks. I saw it coming and went to work for another data processing company who I've worked for 16 years now.

I was able to move from job to job without missing a single day of work in 33 years now because I work hard and more importantly "smart" and built a solid reputation. Those evil rich bankers wanted me because I increase their bottom line. They pay me pretty decently for it too. My wife on the other hand, only has an associate degree from a junior college and has managed to out earn me by about 35% over the last 10 years or so. She works "hard" using her brain muscle.

Our son is 19 and a sophomore in college. Education was a top priority in our home. He knew it and his teachers knew it. The first day of school, his teachers would get an email from me stating so and that if there were any issues, I wanted them to let me know so we could work together to resolve them. We checked his homework every night. He became an honor student and was in the gifted class. He has chosen an engineering field of study that is highly sought after. His college is one of only two with an accredited program and there are only about 200 total in his program. Large corporations seek these students out for paid internships after their sopomore year and the vast majority graduate with a job waiting for them that pays in the high 5 figures and sometime the low 6 figures. He will do better than his mother and I.........because like my father before me, we planned it that way and instilled the needed values in him. He is an Eagle Scout and has worked since he was 16 and had to buy his own truck while maintaining straight A's. He already has a strong work ethic and laughs at the kids who think their boss "owes" them something for simply showing up.

So, those are my beans. The rules to the game are fairly simple. It worked for my dad back when he started in the late 40's and early 50s, me in the late 70's and early 80's and my son now. Anyone can do it. America is still the land of opportunity. Quit worrying about what the guy at the top has and why you think it isn't fair and that the government should take it and give part of it to you. Instead, ask what he did right that you can emulate and earn your own piece of the pie.

Like I said earlier, CAN'T never did anything.

I palyed Fordy. Now it's your turn to tell us why you are where you are. Come on, man up.

Let me begin stating that times are nothing at all like they used to be. I was born in 59, first of 3 children to a steelworker (36 years - retired) and house mom. We had electricity and running water in NW IL. :tongue:

I dropped out of school in 75 and went straight to work as a warehouseman. Received my ged in 81. Got hired on as a trackman with Chicago & NW RR before relocating to TX to work for Norfolk Southern and hopefully year-round. Later I went to work for a very large construction contractor based out of Tulsa, OK, working in TX. Returned to IL in 87 working the state as soil surveyor before accepting a job for a packing house as a foreman and ended up in the offset printing trade for 8 years before returning to school. Received my B.S. of Science in Recreation Management, minoring in Environmental Studies and graduated in 99.

Stayed in downstate IL after getting my degree and have been here going on 20 years. Worked for the park district as asst super of their 18 hole golf course, while trying to get on with the state in conservation. No go, even with my degree. Ended up taking a job helping a young man/entrepreneur get a franchise up and running, hurt my back badly and he suddenly had no use for me. After a year long recovery process and after sending out and delivering well over 150 app's I decided to put my one of my expertise's in lawncare and landscape to work and now have my own business for the past 4 years which is doing quite well. Puts food on the table with some left over.

I have 4 children, one dying at birth, 3 of which are still alive. Oldest boy is 34 and works for a secretive electronic hardware developer. 2nd son is 17 and doing well. Youngest daughter is now 15 and doing very well in school and sports.

As I stated at the very start times are NOTHING like they were back then, so there is no need for comparison imho. Unemployment for youth is currently in the 20% range, blacks 15%, whites 8.2% and I believe those figures do not tell the entire story or are accurate of just how bad it is. Wages have been going down or stagnant for blue collar workers for decades - since the reagan days and trickle-down bs that has not worked and never will, WHILE wealth has been increasing steadily for corporations and the upper 10%.

"Can't" ain't got shit to do with this depression combined with the foreclosures fiasco the banks brought on themselves and have no one to blame but themselves, but then again they don't give a rats ass what we peasants think.

Now I'm curious. What would your suggested solutions to the current problems include?

So, what does anyone of you who plans on voting for romney (richer than all previous 8 presidents COMBINED) think he is going to do for you the working man/woman?

Do you think he is going to reduce your tax rate to what he pays (15%)?

Do we all get to put our money in off-shore accounts, then keep it secret like he does?

Romney doesn't have to reduce anything to make his tax rate available to me. I can make it available all by myself, merely by making successful investments. His income tax rate is already higher than mine is. Did you really think anyone here besides you was stupid enough to by your ineffably lame attempt to deceive us by conflating the income tax and the capital gains tax?

Yes, you may avail yourself of any and all of the LEGAL money management techniques that Mitt Romney uses - and none of his money is secret from the government, retard, just from you - just as soon as you accumulate more money than what's required to buy a pack of cigarettes and a six-pack of Bud.

As to what I expect him to do for me, I expect him to respect the written laws of the United States, starting with the Constitution, a whole shitload more than the current President does. I expect him to return us to some semblance of law and order, in which we all have the same rules to play by, knowable in advance and not being changed mid-game on a whim, also not something we have found under the current President.

Unlike you, I don't actually need the federal government to do anything for me other than get the hell out of my way and quit mucking things up. I'm fully capable of managing from there on my own.

Apparently most your con's think a better president is one who hasn't come from being poor to the highest office!?! Go figure! Instead, you want another bush!! lol Too f'n funny! Both were are draft dodgers, one a drunk, both self-centered assholes. I really don't see much of a diff!?! Anyone care to explain the differences to me?

This ought to be good and per as usual.:eusa_whistle:

So, are you of the breed who thinks we should have no govt? How does the Constitution read to you?

Are you of the breed who's so stupid as to think only in extremes? Intrusive, micrmanaging government or anarchy? No middle ground?

The Constitution reads to me like a very limited, restricted federal government, reposing most of the power in the states and the people. Of course, I have trouble seeing all the "emanations from the penumbra" that you liberals keeping dreaming up.

Someone had to buy the silver platter. Are you one of those who think when you die, the government should get all of your assets?

Not all but much of. They didn't scam...er...earn it! Name me all those rich kids who grew to be adults and did well for others with the money they've been handed? You know, to use as a healthy example of how it is good they get to keep the riches dada or mama made. Please do!

You are one twisted libturd, buddy. Just why shouldn't mommy and daddy pass their earnings on to their children. Here's a question for you, just what legitimate claim does anyone else have on those earnings that would justify taking them away from the children who inherited them?

Or overriding the wishes of the person who actually EARNED the money?

The money I earn has to go somewhere after I die. Who should get to decide what happens to that money: me or some liberal douchewad who never contributed a damned thing to my efforts to earn it?

So, what does anyone of you who plans on voting for romney (richer than all previous 8 presidents COMBINED) think he is going to do for you the working man/woman?

Do you think he is going to reduce your tax rate to what he pays (15%)?

Do we all get to put our money in off-shore accounts, then keep it secret like he does?

Romney doesn't have to reduce anything to make his tax rate available to me. I can make it available all by myself, merely by making successful investments. His income tax rate is already higher than mine is. Did you really think anyone here besides you was stupid enough to by your ineffably lame attempt to deceive us by conflating the income tax and the capital gains tax?

Yes, you may avail yourself of any and all of the LEGAL money management techniques that Mitt Romney uses - and none of his money is secret from the government, retard, just from you - just as soon as you accumulate more money than what's required to buy a pack of cigarettes and a six-pack of Bud.

As to what I expect him to do for me, I expect him to respect the written laws of the United States, starting with the Constitution, a whole shitload more than the current President does. I expect him to return us to some semblance of law and order, in which we all have the same rules to play by, knowable in advance and not being changed mid-game on a whim, also not something we have found under the current President.

Unlike you, I don't actually need the federal government to do anything for me other than get the hell out of my way and quit mucking things up. I'm fully capable of managing from there on my own.

If he's running for pres he has certain obligations to the voters. Whether you people that like to have it all your way or not at all (a minority) - no compromise, matters not to me. I like to be reasonable and my bet would be most people prefer reasonable/moderate vs a radical like yourself. You're not some high and mighty tough guy as you may think with your tough writing. I'm not impressed with your voluntary and hateful ineptness of all things lib/dem, etc..

So you see a problem with parents leaving their wealth for their children just like they would a couch or dining room table? Really? Shouldn't the person who built that wealth be able to say what happens to it when they are gone? Tell the class, why should the government be entitled to confiscate it?

Good question, do you think we'll get an answer?

Worry not con lover. The upper 1% MINORITY has a firm grasp on their govt and will save the day for their own.

In other words, Gallant, no. We will not be getting an answer. Dickless here is physically incapable of answering questions or, indeed, making any kind of coherent sense whatsoever.

It's probably fortunate that he's such an ineffectual non-entity that he likely can't even effect his environment beyond adding body heat to a room.

Now I'm curious. What would your suggested solutions to the current problems include?

That's easy! The "supposed solutions" that have been proven not to work prior! You know, like rolling back tax cuts for the wealthy to at least 90's level (39%) is a good start. It has done nothing but create a bubble economy that bursts every so often making even more folks poor or destitute. Trickle-down economics trashed for good. That has been the ultimate fuck up of all. Consumer side economics isn't thee best, but then again none of this entire pyramid scheme is sustainable, long term.

Any economy based on abuse of our home; Earth, is unsustainable. Should be obvious as the day is long. Do away with corporate subsidies of all kinds and the welfare for the rich, which btw far outweighs the cost of welfare for the poor. Even in doing so they (the wealthy) will do and did do just fine. Now, they're no different than hoarders of trinkets and such, instead it is $ - whether they need more or not and fuck all us peasants.

...and that's just a start!

Last edited:
Oh, almost forgot the big one. Getting the wealthy and corporate money completely out of our elections. Have all candidates draw from a public fund - equally. Citizen's United ruling will be the demise of this once great nation that does not lead by example and has lost it's way. Beware of the rich as they will try like hell to hold onto what they have no matter if it is more than they will ever need by tricking us peasants into blaming anyone but them for the nations woes be it other poor segments or other classes. Keep them warring amongst themselves while they keep on keeping on.

Good question, do you think we'll get an answer?

Worry not con lover. The upper 1% MINORITY has a firm grasp on their govt and will save the day for their own.

In other words, Gallant, no. We will not be getting an answer. Dickless here is physically incapable of answering questions or, indeed, making any kind of coherent sense whatsoever.

It's probably fortunate that he's such an ineffectual non-entity that he likely can't even effect his environment beyond adding body heat to a room.

Good observation. Farts add heat to a room, too, and they're loads more pleasant to deal with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back