Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Oh, so he planned this whole thing, huh? Come on. :rolleyes-41:
He certainly threw the race card down very quickly even though three other people already as asked.

The entire flight was canceled and all the other 70 passengers were inconvenienced by Dao's actions. Add to this, since the aircraft had to be preserved as "evidence" of a Federal crime, I'm guessing the next day's flight from SDF to ORD was also canceled or delayed for several hours so those 70ish passengers were also inconvenienced plus missed their connections. Why? Because Dao broke his "Contract of Carriage", claimed he was more special than anyone else and violated several State and Federal laws in the process.

As the hot summer travel season literally heats up, I expect a lot more incidents like this resulting on more cancellations. Good time to check out Amtrak!!

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Lol. Even the airline admits it did wrong. Everyone except you. How long will you carry on with this charade?
What did the airline do wrong? What does that have to do with Dao's breaking multiple Federal laws?

As it is, I think the interest factor in this summer's airline flying just went up. If, as I suspect they will, more nutjobs "stand up for their rights" thus causing multiple cancellations, the tide of public opinion will turn against "the Rosa Parks of Airlines". LOL.

Rosa Parks' Niece Outraged by Disgraceful Comparison to Dr. David Dao (VIDEO)
tenor.gif

If you have to ask, then you are probably a lost cause, unfortunately.
I feel likewise with all of the people on this forum who don't understand federal law regarding airliners.

Let me ask you this. WHY do you think the airline is apologizing profusely to this man now?

More than likely, the guy was pissed because they were throwing him off the plane AFTER he purchased a seat on said plane!
Yes, he was pissed, but he was too stupid to realize:
1) He had agreed to the Contract of Carriage
2) It's not a bus, it's not an Uber and it's not Burger King. It's a Part 121 airliner covered by multiple Federal laws.

You must be really bored, eh?
No, in fact I'm very interested in this case as part of my job. Much more interesting than nuking North Korea, Russiagate and dropping MOABs on fucking ISIS.

I don't know what your problem is, but if you can't see what the airline did wrong, then there is definitely a problem.
As stated several times before, the airline did nothing wrong. While I don't know all the details, I think the only thing the police did wrong was mishandle the situation. This could have been handled better by deplaning all the passengers first and handling it in the terminal.

None of that has anything to do with the fact Dao broke multiple state and Federal laws by his actions.

He certainly threw the race card down very quickly even though three other people already as asked.

The entire flight was canceled and all the other 70 passengers were inconvenienced by Dao's actions. Add to this, since the aircraft had to be preserved as "evidence" of a Federal crime, I'm guessing the next day's flight from SDF to ORD was also canceled or delayed for several hours so those 70ish passengers were also inconvenienced plus missed their connections. Why? Because Dao broke his "Contract of Carriage", claimed he was more special than anyone else and violated several State and Federal laws in the process.

As the hot summer travel season literally heats up, I expect a lot more incidents like this resulting on more cancellations. Good time to check out Amtrak!!

Lol. Even the airline admits it did wrong. Everyone except you. How long will you carry on with this charade?
What did the airline do wrong? What does that have to do with Dao's breaking multiple Federal laws?

As it is, I think the interest factor in this summer's airline flying just went up. If, as I suspect they will, more nutjobs "stand up for their rights" thus causing multiple cancellations, the tide of public opinion will turn against "the Rosa Parks of Airlines". LOL.

tenor.gif

I feel likewise with all of the people on this forum who don't understand federal law regarding airliners.

Let me ask you this. WHY do you think the airline is apologizing profusely to this man now?
Because it's a PR nightmare. Public opinion is highly ignorant, but also strong.

In the backroom, I'm guessing all the airline CEO's are pressing the FAA to file maximum charges against Dao.

More than likely, the guy was pissed because they were throwing him off the plane AFTER he purchased a seat on said plane!
2) It's not a bus, it's not an Uber and it's not Burger King. It's a Part 121 airliner covered by multiple Federal laws.

No, in fact I'm very interested in this case as part of my job. Much more interesting than nuking North Korea, Russiagate and dropping MOABs on fucking ISIS.

I don't know what your problem is, but if you can't see what the airline did wrong, then there is definitely a problem.
As stated several times before, the airline did nothing wrong. While I don't know all the details, I think the only thing the police did wrong was mishandle the situation. This could have been handled better by deplaning all the passengers first and handling it in the terminal.

None of that has anything to do with the fact Dao broke multiple state and Federal laws by his actions.

Why would you want to inconvenience all of those paying customers who bought seats on the plane over 4 employees for which other accommodations could have been made?

tenor.gif

Because it's a PR nightmare. Public opinion is highly ignorant, but also strong.

In the backroom, I'm guessing all the airline CEO's are pressing the FAA to file maximum charges against Dao.

Lol! You are beginning to sound demented. Seriously. Give it a rest, buddy. You can't win them all.

tenor.gif

Unbelievable. I'm done with this thread. You are a lost cause.

tenor.gif

What law is that, that they can throw paying customers off the plane on a whim? Because it would inconvenience them and screw the paying customers?
Every passenger agrees to the Contract of Carriage. It's Dao that violated that contract, not United or Republic.

When Dao delayed the airliner's operations, he broke Federal law. When he interfered with the aircrew, he violated Federal law. When he refused to vacate the aircraft, he violated Federal law. When he refused lawful orders by the police, he violated State law.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to seeing more incidents like this pop up as the summer progresses. It will be very entertaining to see these idiots cause flight cancellations and being hauled off to jail.

tenor.gif

That's your choice, just like it was Dao's choice when he broke several Federal laws and violated his Contract with the airline.

tenor.gif

What law is that, that they can throw paying customers off the plane on a whim? Because it would inconvenience them and screw the paying customers?
Every passenger agrees to the Contract of Carriage. It's Dao that violated that contract, not United or Republic.

When Dao delayed the airliner's operations, he broke Federal law. When he interfered with the aircrew, he violated Federal law. When he refused to vacate the aircraft, he violated Federal law. When he refused lawful orders by the police, he violated State law.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to seeing more incidents like this pop up as the summer progresses. It will be very entertaining to see these idiots cause flight cancellations and being hauled off to jail.

Most of the passengers were outraged by the way this poor man was treated, as are MOST normal people.

I thought I read somewhere that the passenger was already sueing?
He is. Well, at least his well-heeled lawyers are suing. What's interesting is that they say they have two years to bring suit. Not a lawyer, but sounds more like dangling bait than seeking justice. United will probably make an offer just to shut him up.

I'm looking forward to city, state and especially Federal charges against Dao. If the Feds don't press charges for all the crimes Dao committed, then they are ringing the bell for other passengers to do the same thing. It should be interesting. Maybe another passenger will get shot as happened before with nutjobs.

Its five days now for them to consider trespassing charges....not much more evidence to be had
If they were going to charge him, they would have done it by now

Time to pay your debts buddy

Most of the passengers were outraged by the way this poor man was treated, as are MOST normal people.
Urmmmmm......
pointing_fingers.gif

That said, yes, the police could have handled the Federal lawbreaker better. For one, a fracas on a small, fully loaded airliner has too much potential for injuries to innocent passengers.

He is. Well, at least his well-heeled lawyers are suing. What's interesting is that they say they have two years to bring suit. Not a lawyer, but sounds more like dangling bait than seeking justice. United will probably make an offer just to shut him up.

I'm looking forward to city, state and especially Federal charges against Dao. If the Feds don't press charges for all the crimes Dao committed, then they are ringing the bell for other passengers to do the same thing. It should be interesting. Maybe another passenger will get shot as happened before with nutjobs.

Its five days now for them to consider trespassing charges....not much more evidence to be had

You agreed to six months now seem anxious to settle up. Why?

So far you've lied, made false accusations, are in complete denial of the Federal laws involved and, in general, seem clueless about how Part 121 airliners are different from buses and Uber. My respect for you has diminished greatly the past two days.

You agreed to six months now seem anxious to settle up. Why?

So far you've lied, made false accusations, are in complete denial of the Federal laws involved and, in general, seem clueless about how Part 121 airliners are different from buses and Uber. My respect for you has diminished greatly the past two days.

I never agreed to six months you deadbeat

They will not have any information in six months than they have right now
If Dr Dao is such a criminal threat to society, why don't they arrest him right now?

I told you when you were daring people to bet you in post after post that your type never pays......I have seen it many times on this board

The man is near 70 years old and he suffered a concussion, three lost teeth, a broken nose . . . WTH? Was it necessary to beat the crap out of the man too?

So they say........

Scam artist in progress, I would bet. Acting on lawyer advice. Opportunist. Criminal history reported in this thread. I don't want USA children forced to pay higher so he can scam the legal system. He caused any real injuries on purpose.
It's not a scam. His rights were violated. I don't care how uncooperative, rude, or even mean a customer is. You can't hurt them. If they had simply picked another passenger, or offered more money they wouldn't be in this mess. It's called self control.
Opportunist, perhaps.
Scam artist? No way. He didn't make those security officers lose their self control.

The man is near 70 years old and he suffered a concussion, three lost teeth, a broken nose . . . WTH? Was it necessary to beat the crap out of the man too?

So they say........

Scam artist in progress, I would bet. Acting on lawyer advice. Opportunist. Criminal history reported in this thread. I don't want USA children forced to pay higher so he can scam the legal system. He caused any real injuries on purpose.

Oh, so he planned this whole thing, huh? Come on. :rolleyes-41:

You're a nutcase. You know that, right? We've already been down the garden path of that contract and you've been shown not only did Dao not violate it, United's CEO not only apologized, he stated categorically that Dao did not do anything wrong. Yet here you are, persistent with your idiocy that you know the terms of UA's contract better than their own CEO.

Last edited:

So they say........

It's not a scam. His rights were violated. I don't care how uncooperative, rude, or even mean a customer is. You can't hurt them. If they had simply picked another passenger, or offered more money they wouldn't be in this mess. It's called self control.
Opportunist, perhaps.
Scam artist? No way. He didn't make those security officers lose their self control.

What is most disturbing is Dr Dao was not being belligerent, was not making threats, was calmly explaining why he wasn't giving up his seat

The brutality used by the officers was uncalled for

Either that or desperate for attention.

Of course they did something wrong. They violated the terms of the own contract of carriage. Their agreement is to provide, barring unforeseen events preventing or delaying a flight; or a disruptive passenger, transportation for their customers. To get out of that agreement requires consent of all parties involved, which United Airlines manages by offering compensation to such customers they are interested in not transporting on a particular flight. They offered such compensation to Dao which he declined. Once they attempted to deny him service at that point, where he was in complete compliance with the terms of their contract, they themselves broke it.

Why couldn't they have made other arrangements. Why is this the passengers' problem?
Force Majeure.

What other arrangements? It was an E170 with 71 passengers paying about $220 for their ORD-SDF ticket. Total gross revenue ~$15,620. Losing the morning flight would have cost them about the same plus misconnections.

If it was my call, I'd have depland everyone first, then reboarded minus 4 passengers. If that didn't work, then cancel the flight, refund the $15K+ and ferry the aircraft to SDF with the second crew onboard.
Force majeure belongs to Government, not the private sector. Capital is what the private sector should always be about; especially in public accommodations.
Awesome that you actually believe this. Fine, let's see how it plays out between the lawyers.

Contract of Carriage Document | United Airlines
RULE 21 REFUSAL OF TRANSPORT
UA shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the aircraft at any point, any Passenger for the following reasons:

1. Breach of Contract of Carriage – Failure by Passenger to comply with the Rules of the Contract of Carriage.
  2. Government Request, Regulations or Security Directives – Whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulation, Customs and Border Protection, government or airport security directive of any sort, or any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense.
  3. Force Majeure and Other Unforeseeable Conditions – Whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond UA’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, terrorist activities, or disturbances, whether actual, threatened, or reported.
--------------------
RULE 24 FLIGHT DELAYS/CANCELLATIONS/AIRCRAFT CHANGES

• General
      1. S.A. Origin Flights - Where the UA flights originate in the U.S.A., the provisions of this Rule apply to a Passenger who has a Ticket and a confirmed reservation on a flight that incurs a Schedule Change, Force Majeure Event or Irregular Operations.
      2. Non-U.S.A. Origin Flights - Where the UA flight originates outside the U.S.A., the following provisions apply to a Passenger who has a Ticket and a confirmed reservation on a flight:
        1. If local or international laws regulate a Schedule Change, Force Majeure or Irregular Operations, then the procedures in Rule 24 will not be applied.
        2. If no local law otherwise regulates a Schedule Change, Force Majeure or Irregular Operations, then the procedures in Rule 24 will be applied.
-----------------------
Definitions - For the purpose of this Rule, the following terms have the meanings below:

• Schedule Change – an advance change in UA’s schedule (including a change in operating carrier or itinerary) that is not a unique event such as Irregular Operations or Force Majeure Event as defined below.
    • Connecting Point – a point to which a Passenger holds or held confirmed space on a flight of one carrier and out of which the Passenger holds or held confirmed space on a flight of the same or another carrier. All airports through which a city is served by any carrier will be deemed to be a single Connecting Point when the receiving carrier has confirmed reservations to the Delivering Carrier.
    • Delivering Carrier – a carrier on whose flight a Passenger holds or held confirmed space to a Connecting Point.
    • Force Majeure Event – any of the following situations:
      1. Any condition beyond UA’s control including, but not limited to, meteorological or geological conditions, acts of God, riots, terrorist activities, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, disturbances, or unsettled international conditions, either actual, anticipated, threatened or reported, or any delay, demand, circumstances, or requirement due directly or indirectly to such condition;
      2. Any strike, work stoppage, slowdown, lockout, or any other labor-related dispute involving or affecting UA’s services;
      3. Any governmental regulation, demand or requirement;
      4. Any shortage of labor, fuel, or facilities of UA or others;
      5. Damage to UA’s Aircraft or equipment caused by another party;
      6. Any emergency situation requiring immediate care or protection for a person or property; or
      7. Any event not reasonably foreseen, anticipated or predicted by UA.
So you would accept a movie theater tossing you and your family out just as the movie was about to start just because somewhere in some obscure web link that is not given to you it says they can? What about if it was the 7th game of the World Series? Security shows up as the pitcher is warming up and says sorry, we overbooked your seats, you gotta go.

Damn right they would have to carry me out too.

The man fulfilled all of his obligations and was entitled to fly, his schedule was built around that agreement he had with United.

Ever buy a plane ticket? Yeah, those lawyer words may exist, but you never are made aware of them.
Why do liberals always want to compare guns to driving a car? In this case, it's not a movie theater, it's not an Uber and it's not Burger King. It's an airliner and the same international laws of the seas that apply to ships apply to airliners. Don't take my word for it. The next time you fly, call the flight attendant a ****. Then, when they ask you to leave, tell them "Go fuck yourselves *****!". Please write down what happens. Take video if you can.
Who's comparing guns and cars? Any establishment can evict a hostile customer. The airline took his money in exchange for getting him to his destination at a pre agreed upon time. Just because some fine print exists that gives them the right to knock his teeth out and break his nose for wanting that agreement fulfilled does not make it right, nor civilized.

Why couldn't they have made other arrangements. Why is this the passengers' problem?
Force Majeure.

What other arrangements? It was an E170 with 71 passengers paying about $220 for their ORD-SDF ticket. Total gross revenue ~$15,620. Losing the morning flight would have cost them about the same plus misconnections.

If it was my call, I'd have depland everyone first, then reboarded minus 4 passengers. If that didn't work, then cancel the flight, refund the $15K+ and ferry the aircraft to SDF with the second crew onboard.
Force majeure belongs to Government, not the private sector. Capital is what the private sector should always be about; especially in public accommodations.
Awesome that you actually believe this. Fine, let's see how it plays out between the lawyers.

Contract of Carriage Document | United Airlines
RULE 21 REFUSAL OF TRANSPORT
UA shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the aircraft at any point, any Passenger for the following reasons:

1. Breach of Contract of Carriage – Failure by Passenger to comply with the Rules of the Contract of Carriage.
  2. Government Request, Regulations or Security Directives – Whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulation, Customs and Border Protection, government or airport security directive of any sort, or any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense.
  3. Force Majeure and Other Unforeseeable Conditions – Whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond UA’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, terrorist activities, or disturbances, whether actual, threatened, or reported.
--------------------
RULE 24 FLIGHT DELAYS/CANCELLATIONS/AIRCRAFT CHANGES

• General
      1. S.A. Origin Flights - Where the UA flights originate in the U.S.A., the provisions of this Rule apply to a Passenger who has a Ticket and a confirmed reservation on a flight that incurs a Schedule Change, Force Majeure Event or Irregular Operations.
      2. Non-U.S.A. Origin Flights - Where the UA flight originates outside the U.S.A., the following provisions apply to a Passenger who has a Ticket and a confirmed reservation on a flight:
        1. If local or international laws regulate a Schedule Change, Force Majeure or Irregular Operations, then the procedures in Rule 24 will not be applied.
        2. If no local law otherwise regulates a Schedule Change, Force Majeure or Irregular Operations, then the procedures in Rule 24 will be applied.
-----------------------
Definitions - For the purpose of this Rule, the following terms have the meanings below:

• Schedule Change – an advance change in UA’s schedule (including a change in operating carrier or itinerary) that is not a unique event such as Irregular Operations or Force Majeure Event as defined below.
    • Connecting Point – a point to which a Passenger holds or held confirmed space on a flight of one carrier and out of which the Passenger holds or held confirmed space on a flight of the same or another carrier. All airports through which a city is served by any carrier will be deemed to be a single Connecting Point when the receiving carrier has confirmed reservations to the Delivering Carrier.
    • Delivering Carrier – a carrier on whose flight a Passenger holds or held confirmed space to a Connecting Point.
    • Force Majeure Event – any of the following situations:
      1. Any condition beyond UA’s control including, but not limited to, meteorological or geological conditions, acts of God, riots, terrorist activities, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, disturbances, or unsettled international conditions, either actual, anticipated, threatened or reported, or any delay, demand, circumstances, or requirement due directly or indirectly to such condition;
      2. Any strike, work stoppage, slowdown, lockout, or any other labor-related dispute involving or affecting UA’s services;
      3. Any governmental regulation, demand or requirement;
      4. Any shortage of labor, fuel, or facilities of UA or others;
      5. Damage to UA’s Aircraft or equipment caused by another party;
      6. Any emergency situation requiring immediate care or protection for a person or property; or
      7. Any event not reasonably foreseen, anticipated or predicted by UA.
So you would accept a movie theater tossing you and your family out just as the movie was about to start just because somewhere in some obscure web link that is not given to you it says they can? What about if it was the 7th game of the World Series? Security shows up as the pitcher is warming up and says sorry, we overbooked your seats, you gotta go.

Damn right they would have to carry me out too.

The man fulfilled all of his obligations and was entitled to fly, his schedule was built around that agreement he had with United.

Ever buy a plane ticket? Yeah, those lawyer words may exist, but you never are made aware of them.
Why do liberals always want to compare guns to driving a car? In this case, it's not a movie theater, it's not an Uber and it's not Burger King. It's an airliner and the same international laws of the seas that apply to ships apply to airliners. Don't take my word for it. The next time you fly, call the flight attendant a ****. Then, when they ask you to leave, tell them "Go fuck yourselves *****!". Please write down what happens. Take video if you can.
"Since the flight was not actually overbooked, but instead only fully booked, with the exact number of passengers as seats available, United Airlines had no legal right to force any passengers to give up their seats to prioritize others. What United did was give preference to their employees over people who had reserved confirmed seats, in violation of 14 CFR 250.2a. Since Dr. Dao was already seated, it was clear that his seat had already been “reserved” and “confirmed” to accommodate him specifically."

United Airlines Did Not Have the Legal Right to Refuse Service to the Doctor Dragged Off Its Plane

Forum List

Back