🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Increase In Jobs, Decrease In Pay: Is This The Future of America?

This is a race to the bottom. So the short answer is 'yes'. While the long answer could be not only will the wage gap widen, the availability for opportunity will dramatically decrease as well. This ain't your parents and grand parents US economy anymore.

The answer is obviously "no" because the wages are finally beginning to increase.

Untying company health care from the 40 hour week and making it affordable to the worker has created a portability of employment and health care that forces employers to be more willing to meet workers' needs.

That is good.

The answer is obviously "no" because the wages are finally beginning to increase.

Untying company health care from the 40 hour week and making it affordable to the worker has created a portability of employment and health care that forces employers to be more willing to meet workers' needs.

That is good.
AETNA is going to pay a beginning wage of 16 an hour...jobs versus seekers is down to two to one...

American jobs are back, but wages aren't. Is this normal now?

American jobs are back but wages aren t. Is this normal now - Jan. 14 2015

Yes, the future of America is in low-paying skilless jobs. The current economic trends show higher paying manufacturing jobs have been eliminated and replaced with lower paying service jobs. This trend has continued from the 1980s to present.

If you got nothing to bring to the table but a warm body, you will be paid a low wage, if you can get a job at all.

The problem is not low wages, the problem is people with no skills expecting to be able to live a middle class life just for being there.

This is a race to the bottom. So the short answer is 'yes'. While the long answer could be not only will the wage gap widen, the availability for opportunity will dramatically decrease as well. This ain't your parents and grand parents US economy anymore.
That's not your parents' and grandparents' diploma you see at graduation these days either.

That's not your parents' and grandparents' diploma you see at graduation these days either.

It isn't the wages they enjoyed from such a diploma either. My field has fallen in market value wage by 20 - 25% over the last 6-7 years.

It isn't the wages they enjoyed from such a diploma either. My field has fallen in market value wage by 20 - 25% over the last 6-7 years.

Should have chosen a better career.

Yeah, we have too many engineers now as it is.

donotfeedthetrolls.jpg

Time to retool.

Try grad school and a new career.

You are probably going to live longer than you think.

Time to retool.

A new career? Has engineering gone the way of the dinosaur now? No, no it hasn't. I do not need any further schooling. Nor was my point really about me. We're discussing the wage gap, which is widening. Secondly, why would I go back to school and incur thousands, tens of thousands in debt when the market value of such positions are still being dampened by 20 - 25%? So I can struggle to pay off that school debt and end up right where I started?

These thoughts coming from you guys are the rants of loons.

Yeah, we have too many engineers now as it is.

donotfeedthetrolls.jpg

Depends on what type of engineer. There is only about 200 different types.

Yes, the future of America is in low-paying skilless jobs. The current economic trends show higher paying manufacturing jobs have been eliminated and replaced with lower paying service jobs. This trend has continued from the 1980s to present.

Jobs aren't back. Millions have simply left the job market long enough to not be counted.

Time to retool.

A new career? Has engineering gone the way of the dinosaur now? No, no it hasn't. I do not need any further schooling. Nor was my point really about me. We're discussing the wage gap, which is widening. Secondly, why would I go back to school and incur thousands, tens of thousands in debt when the market value of such positions are still being dampened by 20 - 25%? So I can struggle to pay off that school debt and end up right where I started?

Wages are negotiated between you and your employer. If wages in your field is taking a hit, then that simply means that the new guys coming into your trade are willing to work for less.

Time to retool.

Wages are negotiated between you and your employer. If wages in your field is taking a hit, then that simply means that the new guys coming into your trade are willing to work for less.

HOLY SHIT! The revelations you put forth are just titillating!

Yeah, and a lot of that has to do with a flooded employee market. Because there aren't many jobs to go around but plenty of people looking and willing to take massive pay cuts to have a job rather than not have one.

Makes sense, troll? Should I elaborate more for you?

Jobs aren't back. Millions have simply left the job market long enough to not be counted.

Maybe jobs aren't back where you live but where I live they are. Minnesota's unemployment rate is 3.7.
Wages have been in the flat mode since the 1980's and it's all catching up with us. It's no wonder the middle class is in trouble and why recessions are taking longer and longer to recover. Particularly in an economy that is 70% (plus) driven by consumer spending.
Wage_stagnation.png

Maybe jobs aren't back where you live but where I live they are. Minnesota's unemployment rate is 3.7.
Wages have been in the flat mode since the 1980's and it's all catching up with us. It's no wonder the middle class is in trouble and why recessions are taking longer and longer to recover. Particularly in an economy that is 70% (plus) driven by consumer spending.
View attachment 35928

3.6 in Utah.

Time to retool.

Hey, you are the best judge of whether or not you are worth investing in.

If you can't invest in yourself, just live with it.

I'm retired, at a level that satisfies me.

My work is done!

Time to retool.

HOLY SHIT! The revelations you put forth are just titillating!

Yeah, and a lot of that has to do with a flooded employee market. Because there aren't many jobs to go around but plenty of people looking and willing to take massive pay cuts to have a job rather than not have one.

Makes sense, troll? Should I elaborate more for you?

You chose the field to enter. You should have thought about it eventually being flooded. Don't be angry now because you chose a piss poor career.

Forum List

Back