🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Increase In Jobs, Decrease In Pay: Is This The Future of America?

It isn't the wages they enjoyed from such a diploma either. My field has fallen in market value wage by 20 - 25% over the last 6-7 years.
Time to retool.

Try grad school and a new career.

You are probably going to live longer than you think.

A new career? Has engineering gone the way of the dinosaur now? No, no it hasn't. I do not need any further schooling. Nor was my point really about me. We're discussing the wage gap, which is widening. Secondly, why would I go back to school and incur thousands, tens of thousands in debt when the market value of such positions are still being dampened by 20 - 25%? So I can struggle to pay off that school debt and end up right where I started?

These thoughts coming from you guys are the rants of loons.

Wages are negotiated between you and your employer. If wages in your field is taking a hit, then that simply means that the new guys coming into your trade are willing to work for less.

HOLY SHIT! The revelations you put forth are just titillating!

Yeah, and a lot of that has to do with a flooded employee market. Because there aren't many jobs to go around but plenty of people looking and willing to take massive pay cuts to have a job rather than not have one.

Makes sense, troll? Should I elaborate more for you?

You chose the field to enter. You should have thought about it eventually being flooded. Don't be angry now because you chose a piss poor career.

I'm in the engineering field as well and can tell you that the problem doesn't lie with those looking for engineering work. The problem is the economy itself. It hasn't improved any in several years, meaning there isn't any money being put out by the government, states, and other industries to put work out for engineering firms to keep running on. In my area alone, I've witnessed may PE's lose their jobs because there isn't enough work to keep them on payroll and have also witnessed several companies close shop because they can't afford to stay open when the economy is running against expansion and improvements.

Time to retool.

Try grad school and a new career.

You are probably going to live longer than you think.

A new career? Has engineering gone the way of the dinosaur now? No, no it hasn't. I do not need any further schooling. Nor was my point really about me. We're discussing the wage gap, which is widening. Secondly, why would I go back to school and incur thousands, tens of thousands in debt when the market value of such positions are still being dampened by 20 - 25%? So I can struggle to pay off that school debt and end up right where I started?

Wages are negotiated between you and your employer. If wages in your field is taking a hit, then that simply means that the new guys coming into your trade are willing to work for less.

Yeah, and a lot of that has to do with a flooded employee market. Because there aren't many jobs to go around but plenty of people looking and willing to take massive pay cuts to have a job rather than not have one.

You chose the field to enter. You should have thought about it eventually being flooded. Don't be angry now because you chose a piss poor career.

I'm in the engineering field as well and can tell you that the problem doesn't lie with those looking for engineering work. The problem is the economy itself. It hasn't improved any in several years, meaning there isn't any money being put out by the government, states, and other industries to put work out for engineering firms to keep running on. In my area alone, I've witnessed may PE's lose their jobs because there isn't enough work to keep them on payroll and have also witnessed several companies close shop because they can't afford to stay open when the economy is running against expansion and improvements.

You haven't specified a field. Like I've said engineers run in almost every field from aerospace to electrical to petrochemical and so on...

Project Engineers in the industry I work in come and go as the market dictates. It's the nature of the beast and just a way of life in construction.

You haven't specified a field. Like I've said engineers run in almost every field from aerospace to electrical to petrochemical and so on...

Project Engineers in the industry I work in come and go as the market dictates. It's the nature of the beast and just a way of life in construction.

Structural engineer is my spec...it's more complicated than that but that's it.

Mechanical Engineering here. (HVAC, Plumbing)

Forum List

Back