India sentences rapists to death

If another country has the death penalty and you violate their rules, you suffer the consequences.

If another country has the death penalty and you violate their rules, you suffer the consequences.

You do...but just because it is doesn't mean it should be.
Death penalty states...human rights wastelands.

India...baaah.

How many brides burnt to death in India this week?
"Kero candles" some people refer to them as.

Dowry death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dowry deaths are deaths of young women who are murdered or driven to suicide by continuous harassment and torture by husbands and in-laws in an effort to extort an increased dowry.

Dowry death is considered one of the many categories of violence against women, alongside rape, bride burning, eve teasing, and acid throwing. It is widespread in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and some regions of Africa.

India[edit]

Most dowry deaths occur when the young woman, unable to bear the harassment and torture, commits suicide.
Most of these suicides are by hanging, poisoning or by fire.
Sometimes the woman is killed by setting her on fire; this is known as "bride burning", and sometimes disguised as suicide or accident. Death by burning of Indian women have been more frequently attributed to dowry conflicts.[1] In dowry deaths, the groom’s family is perpetrator of murder or suicide.[2]

India has by far the highest number of dowry related deaths in the world according to Indian National Crime Record Bureau, in 2010, 8391 dowry death cases were reported across India[3] This means a bride was burned every 90 minutes

Last edited:
Never said I condoned it, certainly not for things like that. But if you commit a murder, for example, and the punishment is death, you accept the consequences.

Never said I condoned it, certainly not for things like that. But if you commit a murder, for example, and the punishment is death, you accept the consequences.

What's that movie called about those australians who smuggled drugs in thailand or elsewhere and the scene with some of them being executed by a machine gun?

What's that movie called about those australians who smuggled drugs in thailand or elsewhere and the scene with some of them being executed by a machine gun?

Don't believe I have seen it. But there is a film called Brokedown Palace about two Aussie girls who are set up in Thailand.

Child murder and rape used to be capital crimes in the US.

Prior to liberal *sex education* and the concepts that children are without value, and all sex is good sex.

Now child killers get 18 months, and very few rapes even go to trial, though there are more of them. Thanks libs!

<The case sparked off nationwide protests and forced the Indian authorities to introduce tough new anti-rape laws.>

There was a thread about this last year--it seems that there were a number of violent protests. A young girl was raped on a bus ???----he boyfriend brutally beaten. The article referenced two other incidents. Something needed to be done.

After tonight's offerings on the TV--I feel some of the 'blame' should go to those that glorify the worst of society. Not really that interesting--but I am certain studies are done and determinations are made that the public will watch this 's'.

'Bangkok Hilton'

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3WIL4JSAU [/ame]

I am not a fan of the death penalty...but more women will walk the streets safely with those assholes taken out...
A person raped is one that dies at least partly within..

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I am not a fan of the death penalty...but more women will walk the streets safely with those assholes taken out...
A person raped is one that dies at least partly within..

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Life in prison would've taken them out.

Leaving this particular case in India aside...

___

Before mutilating the accused/convicted rapists and execution-homiciding them...realise that many women are liars, including many who falsely accuse men of raping them.

Ananda Lawsuit: Cultural Context

With the cooperation of the police agency of a small metropolitan community, 45 consecutive, disposed, false rape allegations covering a 9 year period were studied. False rape allegations constitute 41% of the total forcible rape cases (109) reported during this period. These false allegations appear to serve three major functions for the complainants: providing an alibi, seeking revenge, and obtaining sympathy and attention. False rape allegations are not the consequence of a gender-linked aberration, as frequently claimed, but reflect impulsive and desperate efforts to cope with personal and social stress situations. [False rape allegations are reported in similar numbers at college campuses; approximately 50% of rape charges are admitted to be false by the accuser.]

Forum List

Back