Inflation.....Canned Chicken....$12.00 increase in two weeks.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Some years back I got turned on to Walmart's canned chicken.....You buy it by the 12 can case on-line. It's good for a lot of things.

Two weeks ago it was just shy of $20.00 now it's $33.00......Glad I bought two cases when it was cheaper.

Robot or human?

ewwww. Canned chicken??? ewwww!

It's great for a quick whip-up of chicken salad for lunch or with chicken gravy over egg noodles or rice for a quick side at supper.

I used to take a can hunting/fishing if I was going to be out all day and just eat it out of the can with some club crackers.....Beats the hell out of Potted Meat, Vienna sausages, or sardines.

My grandma called chicken fat liquid gold.

1651193706047.png

Some years back I got turned on to Walmart's canned chicken.....You buy it by the 12 can case on-line. It's good for a lot of things.

Two weeks ago it was just shy of $20.00 now it's $33.00......Glad I bought two cases when it was cheaper.

Robot or human?
You like Spam? The kind ya eat?

Lower your standards spoiled rotten American. Road kill is available

And now it's already up to $35.30.

I love it when people turn their nose up to food... I hope they are never hungry...

Hell, what am I saying? 99% of the people who will read this have never been hungry a day in their lives... And if they were really ever hungry, I'd bet the farm they would eat what they call the icky stuff...

The price went up because Joe Biden is making us buy all our chickens now from Russia. The dirty bastard. :smoke:

Sometimes I'll have Hawaiian pizza. Spam and pineapple.

The combination of salty, savory and sweet is good.
I like Spam cubed in a salad.
I love to stick a fork in the middle when opening the can. Pull it out and lick all the slime around the hunk. Then spoon out the rest and slurpy

You like Spam? The kind ya eat?

Lower your standards spoiled rotten American. Road kill is available
The low sodium Spam is OK, sliced .50" (loaf wise) and fried crisp over medium heat then drained....Serve on a Martin's Potato Hamburger Roll with Southwestern-style spicy mustard and a slice of sweet onion.....Oh My!

The low sodium Spam is OK, sliced .50" (loaf wise) and fried crisp over medium heat then drained....Serve on a Martin's Potato Hamburger Roll with Southwestern-style spicy mustard and a slice of sweet onion.....Oh My!
Oh my................I'd have heartburn for a month.....lololol

Go for it!

It's great for a quick whip-up of chicken salad for lunch or with chicken gravy over egg noodles or rice for a quick side at supper.

I used to take a can hunting/fishing if I was going to be out all day and just eat it out of the can with some club crackers.....Beats the hell out of Potted Meat, Vienna sausages, or sardines.
You can make a sandwich with it that is absolutely indistinguishable from a tuna fish sandwich. And no Mercury!

I like Spam cubed in a salad.
I love to stick a fork in the middle when opening the can. Pull it out and lick all the slime around the hunk. Then spoon out the rest and slurpy
I keep a shortened (.50") ice-pick in the kitchen drawer for Spam. Open the can, turn it over and punch a hole in it.....Blow into hole and the spam pops right out.....Works great for canned cranberry sauce too. ;)

Forum List

Back