Inside the ‘Secret Service of Hollywood’

Remember, these stars are the people that tell you not to own a gun....
They can tell all they want- listening is a choice. I admire actors for their skill, I know I wouldn't be good at it as I'm too much of a what you see is what you get person- actor being the key word- a skill politicians have as well.

Remember, these stars are the people that tell you not to own a gun....
They can tell all they want- listening is a choice. I admire actors for their skill, I know I wouldn't be good at it as I'm too much of a what you see is what you get person- actor being the key word- a skill politicians have as well.

Well, I certainly agree that they are talented, but that is not why I posted this...The fact is that for some reason today we seem to think (maybe not you or I) that these celebrity's have some sort of pulpit to stand out there and rail for the cause of their choice...And what I am pointing out is not only the utter hypocrisy of telling others to not own firearms, while flanked by two or three guys dressed like men in black with hand cannons under their suit jackets, but why do we think that what these people have to say is any more important that what we say? That they are talented only makes me want to say shut up and act all the more.

They do have a pulpit given them- anything given can be taken- nobody gave me my gun- LOL
That they use their pulpit for furthering their career isn't any different than a politician- they are acting.
It's sad that so many people believe that those who think? they're special are- they ain't. Very few people are, actors and politicians are among the they ain't. Sadly there are legions of acolytes for both who believe the BS acting lines they spew.
Some actors are pretty sharp, intellectually, (can't say the same for any politician), some are even college educated (all the empty suits and their helpers are)- but, neither group of actors (DC or Hollywood) speaks to me or for me and those who let either happen ain't not only not special they're not very well educated.

Good point though on the OP.

Forum List

Back