Interest in #Calexit growing after Donald Trump victory

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Interest in pushing for California's secession from the United States has increased after Donald Trump won the presidency.

The "Yes California" campaign is backing an independence referendum in support of a constitutional exit of the state from the US. In the wake of 60% of the state's voters supporting the presidential loser, Hillary Clinton, the movement is getting renewed interest.

"As the sixth largest economy in the world, California is more economically powerful than France and has a population larger than Poland. Point-by-point, California compares and competes with countries, not just the 49 other states," the campaign's website said.

I think it would be great if they left.

I realize that this article is old.....

But I think the interest is still there.

No problem here. After all, the amount of people that put Hillary in the popular voter count was the amount she won in California. California leaving would almost guarantee Republican leadership for the remainder of our lives......at least as far as the presidency is concerned.

• Banned
No problem here. After all, the amount of people that put Hillary in the popular voter count was the amount she won in California. California leaving would almost guarantee Republican leadership for the remainder of our lives......at least as far as the presidency is concerned.

It would take a lot of members of congress too....on the left.

They are a significant part of our economy.

However, we hit them with tarriffs and that goes away.

It's all a dog and pony show. They wouldn't leave no more than the liberals that promised us their exit to Canada (notice how none of them said Mexico) if Trump won.

The only way to get rid of California is if it breaks off and drifts to sea.

• Banned

It's all a dog and pony show. They wouldn't leave no more than the liberals that promised us their exit to Canada (notice how none of them said Mexico) if Trump won.

The only way to get rid of California is if it breaks off and drifts to sea.

I don't care how it goes....

As long as it goes.......

We obviously cannot let them secede because of the strategic position of the state and its resources. However, we could put all of the proponents in some leaky boats and set them adrift in the Pacific.

• Banned
We obviously cannot let them secede because of the strategic position of the state and its resources. However, we could put all of the proponents in some leaky boats and set them adrift in the Pacific.

I think we are way to dependent upon them. They can leave.

We'll figure it out without them.

Mexico will soon invade them (even worse).

Interest in pushing for California's secession from the United States has increased after Donald Trump won the presidency.

The "Yes California" campaign is backing an independence referendum in support of a constitutional exit of the state from the US. In the wake of 60% of the state's voters supporting the presidential loser, Hillary Clinton, the movement is getting renewed interest.

"As the sixth largest economy in the world, California is more economically powerful than France and has a population larger than Poland. Point-by-point, California compares and competes with countries, not just the 49 other states," the campaign's website said.

I think it would be great if they left.

I realize that this article is old.....

But I think the interest is still there.

They can't leave. "Hotel California" and all that. :laugh:

Since the current problems with the dam.......is Cali still wanting to secede? Right now they are begging for federal $upport......can't have that if they aren't part of the Union

Since the current problems with the dam.......is Cali still wanting to secede? Right now they are begging for federal $upport......can't have that if they aren't part of the Union

Oh, I am sure they can come up with lots of folks to help repair it....for nothing.

After all....it's for the "greater good".

Kinda like that free health care.

Oh, I am sure they can come up with lots of folks to help repair it....for nothing.

After all....it's for the "greater good".

Kinda like that free health care.

BUT Trump has approved federal monies to help them out......wouldn't want them to break a nail or anything....

Interest in #Calexit growing after Donald Trump victory

You realize of course that the only legal way California can do this is via a ballot initiative approved directly by the voters of California?....and...

...It ain't ever gonna happen... Remember Prop 8...

Forum List

Back