Interesting book on secession.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Looking Towards Eden by Terry Pellman
This a work of fiction but it's remarkably accurate as far as I'm concerned.
Liberals wont like it,but Conservatives most assuredly will. Lots of references to current events we are dealing with today with mentions of current politicians and the policies that lead to the story line of this book.
It's only a couple hundred pages so it's a fast read.
Really curious to see if any liberals can actually read it with out throwing their Kindle against the wall:D

Taking somewhat of a risk espousing it's merits because I'm only halfway into it.
But I'll take my chances.

If it has a happy ending it's not only fiction, it's fantasy. No secession of any contiguous state or region of this country could possibly avoid civil war in the long run. How does the author address the problem of interstate water rights for instance? There are some pretty vindictive legal battles already.

If it has a happy ending it's not only fiction, it's fantasy. No secession of any contiguous state or region of this country could possibly avoid civil war in the long run. How does the author address the problem of interstate water rights for instance? There are some pretty vindictive legal battles already.

There are moments in time when I think it would be absolutely fun to watch go down and it's usually right after something horrific happens in Texas.

Texas exits the union so 1/5 of their economy collapses right off the bat. Now they have to show paperwork at the borders. So, that whole Rio Grand Compact that the SC said Texas could go ahead and sue New Mexico on?

That's over. Rule change.

There are moments in time when I think it would be absolutely fun to watch go down and it's usually right after something horrific happens in Texas.

Texas exits the union so 1/5 of their economy collapses right off the bat. Now they have to show paperwork at the borders. So, that whole Rio Grand Compact that the SC said Texas could go ahead and sue New Mexico on?

Texas is the usual suspect in a discussion on secession and probably the most trigger happy state in the union, after secession it would not be a year before they are launching attacks in all four directions.

Like I said I'm only halfway into it and they only mentioned water rights very briefly so far.
Read it and you'll see why military action doesnt take place. The reason is stated here frequently.

Texas is the usual suspect in a discussion on secession and probably the most trigger happy state in the union, after secession it would not be a year before they are launching attacks in all four directions.

Just once.

Lol...Texas is the 14 or 15 largest economy in the world.
It's not just Texas,it's at this point in the book 7 or 8 states.

Sure, we just remove all the military bases and, of course, anything that uses federal tax dollars end: medical and education.

It would be fun.

Sure, we just remove all the military bases and, of course, anything that uses federal tax dollars end: medical and education.

It would be fun.

Tell you what. Why dont you read the book. It's only 200 pages.
And ending obammy care and crappy lib education system are one of the main reasons for secession.
Read the book and you will find your attitude short sighted.

It would be fun.

Tell you what. Why dont you read the book. It's only 200 pages.
And ending obammy care and crappy lib education system are one of the main reasons for secession.
Read the book and you will find your attitude short sighted.

Nope, I'll wait until you finish reviewing it. I might pick it up on my next book binge. I am working through a book now and I don't usually read fiction.

There has been talk in Texas for some time in regards to secession. The government would never allow it. Even if hypothetically, Texas were to vote in favor of seceding from the union, the issue of partition would come up, and all hell would break loose. Major urban cities in Texas that tend to lean to the left would hold referendums to partition themselves from Texas, and remain a part of the union. This would no doubt trigger a civil war.

The date line is 2017 and the financial state of the US is dire. There are seven or eight states that want out and Texas wasnt the initial state to declare.
But the states that do are no surprise.
Read it and you'll find it to be believable and the lack of war is totally believable.

There would be blood shed, a lot of it.

I lived in Texas for more than thirty years with business interests all the way to the western panhandle of Florida.

For starters, the second Texas would not receive any federal support, Mexico would invade the southern part of it and the Tejanos for the most, certainly on the Rio, would support Mexico. They know better to expect any fair shake from white Texans.

And you have not even considered the black Texans who distrust the whites even more. Talk about a pro-unionist 5th column.

There would be blood shed, a lot of it.

I lived in Texas for more than thirty years with business interests all the way to the western panhandle of Florida.

For starters, the second Texas would not receive any federal support, Mexico would invade the southern part of it and the Tejanos for the most, certainly on the Rio, would support Mexico. They know better to expect any fair shake from white Texans.

And you have not even considered the black Texans who distrust the whites even more. Talk about a pro-unionist 5th column.

I dont have to consider anything. It's a book and I didnt write it.
It's only 4 bucks,read it.

You have not sold it well enough that I would spend the $4.

But you enjoyed it, and that's what counts.

Forum List

Back