Interior painting SUCKS ASS

Decided to paint some spare bedrooms.....

Fuck my life
Lol pretty monotonous huh! Paint and drywall boring as hell. Due to divorce I have no money to sub shit out. Right now every rehab I do is done nearly 100 percent by my own hands. Oh well if things keep going as they have been a couple of years things will be back to normal. My next rehab is mainly paint dry all and restoring hard wood floors. Lots of sanding and brush work. Loads of fun coming my way. Lol just can't wait.

Fuck my life

Hate cutting the top of walls. Baseboards aren't too fun either due to the taping prep work.

I helped a family member paint a business many years ago and using a long roller to paint the celing, that was horrible on my back. I've only painted my home once since I moved in, plus my fence/deck with weather proof and stain.

If you have the extra cash, better to hire someone, even just a student painter company that you trust. If you are unable, cheap or just like to take care of business for yourself (I'm the latter because I only have myself to blame in such cases), painting is not on my top 10 list of fun activities lol.

Fuck my life
Try extremely large paint PAD applicators instead of rollers and see if it makes your task easier. It makes doing the edge framing easier and I prefer it to rollers that require more paint dips and more strokes due to uneven application. I hate rollers.
If you cover the used pads with cellophane, they can stay damp enough to reuse the next few days, making doing the job in pieces a lot easier then all at one time.

Hate cutting the top of walls. Baseboards aren't too fun either due to the taping prep work.

I helped a family member paint a business many years ago and using a long roller to paint the celing, that was horrible on my back. I've only painted my home once since I moved in, plus my fence/deck with weather proof and stain.

If you have the extra cash, better to hire someone, even just a student painter company that you trust. If you are unable, cheap or just like to take care of business for yourself (I'm the latter because I only have myself to blame in such cases), painting is not on my top 10 list of fun activities lol.
Hold up to where the ceiling meets the wall edge, a cardboard box lid to protect the ceiling from the painting top of wall edging. Once again paint pads are used for that kind of framing in, but still cardboard will assure straight lines and prevent bleed in overlaps.

Last edited:
Once it's all said and done.....you can step back and say "I did that"! And know you did something good.
*L* You've never seen my spackle jobs, the seams look like bauhaus art and are very very noticable no matter how much sanding I do.
But hey, at least it gave me a nice pre supply of cheap painters masks that had 0% protection against covid, but could get me entrance to Walmart. :cool:

Fuck my life
I got out of that a long time ago. I take care of the outside maintenance, designing, building, construction & repairing fences, decks (and associated staining & treatment), lawns (just did a sodding project), landscaping, grass mowing, hedge trimming, Flower bed construction (but not planting or weeding), exterior house maintenance (including paint, though I replace all paintable above the brick with vinyl, leaving only the fiberglass columns), operator maintenance on all power equipment, automobiles, swimming pool, as well as interior wall construction, floor maintenance, door, trim and fenestration and electrical maintenance. I do not paint any interior walls or trim or ceilings. That is her problem if she wants it painted, she can paint it or hire somebody. I don't even pick colors except for the library/computer room.

My dad would spit on a roller.
He wanted to paint the living room ceiling. So there was my dad, me in the middle and the professional painter on my right. We all moved forward at the same time. Dip the brush in just a little ways, get rid of most of the paint and then, FEATHER. Back and forth wrist motion like a horizontal figure eight, so lightly, barely touching the ceiling. Feather, feather, feather. No lines, no sign of a brush stroke.
I was up higher on my ladder because I was short, and when I turned to get off the ladder, I smacked Mr. Fidak right on top of his bald head with my brush. My dad thought that was like 3 Stooges funny.

Martha Stewart actually applies butchers wax to her walls after the paint dries then buffs them out with a buffer. I'm glad my dad didn't know that! I love perfection if some one else is doing it. Give me a damn roller...

“The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson​

Last edited:
The Wife decided one day that we should repaint the interior of the house.
I told Her if She'd paint the master bedroom I'd paint the rest.......She got as far taping off the baseboards and said ...Okay I get it.
We hired a couple of mexicans....

Fuck my life
I remember working on an apartment complex that was being built many moons ago. Their painting crew was incredible. They had a taping crew come in beforehand (who were also very fast), but the spray crew (two guys) could paint an entire two bedroom apartment in under ten minutes.

Of course, there was no finished floor or trim, so that made it kind of easy.

Forum List

Back