Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

A) wiki? Really?

B) a relative handful from two of the largest ethnic groups in the country - among which were a number of REAL threats of espionage and sabotage - as opposed to over 100,000 of a small minority - among whom NONE were ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war? Bull fucking shit there was no racism involved. The scumbag fdr was a known racist, among other ugly qualities.

Nevertheless. one cannot say that minus the internment , there would have been no treasonous attacks upon America, or Americans,by Japanese-Americans (of any race). For that determination to be made, there would have to have been TWO scenarios to compare side by side. >> An internment, and the absence of an internment.

They seem quite happy

WRABarrackphoto.gif

The question seems to be, what would we have done if FDR hadn't violated the Constitution and incarcerated American citizens without due process. The dirty little secret is that Executive Order 9066 only included Japanese Americans who lived on the West Coast. FDR supporters who were also real estate speculators seemed to have made a killing from valuable real estate that Japanese Americans were forced to liquidate at bargain prices before they were placed behind barbed wire and guard towers. You almost have to laugh that the actual hotbed of Japanese espionage was on Hawaii but the Admirals needed the Japanese to make their coffee in the morning and their drinks at night so the executive order didn't apply. It should be noted that the former KKK member that FDR appointed to the Supreme Court wrote the majority opinion that justified the most notorious affront to the Constitution in history and true to form the left wing media either ignored the impeachable offense or justified it at the time.
FDR and 99% of the political leaders in 1942 would have done the same thing

Watch Fakey run to make excuses for his party's blatant racism.
Show me all the Republicans who demanded their release

Opposition to it wasn't well organized, but it was there, for example many churches opposed it: An Eloquent Baptist Protest Against Internment Camps During WWII 

One nottable republican was Colorado Governor Ralph Carr: Articles: The Lone Politician Who Stood against Japanese Internment
He was not supported by his party in this and stood largely alone.

Governor Carr spoke out stridently against the internment of Japanese-Americans as "inhumane and unconstitutional." He compiled numerous documents consisting of his personal communications with Japanese inmates at the Amache facility, their family members, and other citizens who were concerned about their treatment. A Republican, Carr supported Roosevelt's war efforts, but he openly questioned the internment of Japanese-American citizens. In his speeches and writings he opposed measures that stripped Japanese-Americans of their civil rights, not to mention their personal property, and which treated them as war criminals. He pressed against the popular tide of racism and fear that produced things like highway billboards that screamed "Japs Keep Going!" Though unable to override the military's authority to imprison innocent Japanese-Americans in his state, Carr worked tirelessly as an advocate, not to mention to help them retain their status as American citizens.

Interestingly, Governor Carr's advocacy for the rights and dignity of Japanese-Americans ended his political career. Governor Carr was an effective fiscal reformer and helped the state of Colorado become more efficient and effective. He had hoped to gain a seat in the United States Senate following his term as governor. But as an honest man, he spoke harshly to the baser motives that led to the Japanese internment program. "If you harm them, you must harm me. I was brought up in a small town where I knew the shame and dishonor of race hatred. I grew to despise it because it threatened the happiness of you, and you, and you!" His stinging words were not well-taken, and he lost his bid for political office after just one term as the governor of Colorado.

The conditions in those camps were many times substandard: Treatment in Internment Camps - Home

It's unbelievable people would support this today, for yet another group of innocent American citizens.

The question seems to be, what would we have done if FDR hadn't violated the Constitution and incarcerated American citizens without due process. The dirty little secret is that Executive Order 9066 only included Japanese Americans who lived on the West Coast. FDR supporters who were also real estate speculators seemed to have made a killing from valuable real estate that Japanese Americans were forced to liquidate at bargain prices before they were placed behind barbed wire and guard towers. You almost have to laugh that the actual hotbed of Japanese espionage was on Hawaii but the Admirals needed the Japanese to make their coffee in the morning and their drinks at night so the executive order didn't apply. It should be noted that the former KKK member that FDR appointed to the Supreme Court wrote the majority opinion that justified the most notorious affront to the Constitution in history and true to form the left wing media either ignored the impeachable offense or justified it at the time.

Opposition to it wasn't well organized, but it was there, for example many churches opposed it: An Eloquent Baptist Protest Against Internment Camps During WWII

One nottable republican was Colorado Governor Ralph Carr: Articles: The Lone Politician Who Stood against Japanese Internment

Governor Carr spoke out stridently against the internment of Japanese-Americans as "inhumane and unconstitutional." He compiled numerous documents consisting of his personal communications with Japanese inmates at the Amache facility, their family members, and other citizens who were concerned about their treatment. A Republican, Carr supported Roosevelt's war efforts, but he openly questioned the internment of Japanese-American citizens. In his speeches and writings he opposed measures that stripped Japanese-Americans of their civil rights, not to mention their personal property, and which treated them as war criminals. He pressed against the popular tide of racism and fear that produced things like highway billboards that screamed "Japs Keep Going!" Though unable to override the military's authority to imprison innocent Japanese-Americans in his state, Carr worked tirelessly as an advocate, not to mention to help them retain their status as American citizens.

Interestingly, Governor Carr's advocacy for the rights and dignity of Japanese-Americans ended his political career. Governor Carr was an effective fiscal reformer and helped the state of Colorado become more efficient and effective. He had hoped to gain a seat in the United States Senate following his term as governor. But as an honest man, he spoke harshly to the baser motives that led to the Japanese internment program. "If you harm them, you must harm me. I was brought up in a small town where I knew the shame and dishonor of race hatred. I grew to despise it because it threatened the happiness of you, and you, and you!" His stinging words were not well-taken, and he lost his bid for political office after just one term as the governor of Colorado.

The conditions in those camps were many times substandard: Treatment in Internment Camps - Home

It's unbelievable people would support this today, for yet another group of innocent American citizens.

There were a small percentage of Americans who opposed the camps or stood up for their Japanese neighbors and Carr was one of the few politicians who stood up for what was right. Even the courts tasked with standing up for Constitutional rights ignored them

The world was in an uproar in 1942. Protecting the rights of those viewed as enemies was not a high priority

Last edited:

There were a small percentage of Americans who opposed the camps or stood up fort their Japanese neighbors and Carr was one of the few politicians who stood up for what was right. Even the courts tasked with standing up for Constitutional rights ignored them

The world was in an uproar in 1942. Protecting the rights of those viewed as enemies was not a high priority

And I hope we don't repeat this injustice....

Still, neither the churches or Carr, or anyone else could say that minus the internment , there would have been no treasonous attacks upon America, or Americans, by Japanese-Americans (of any race). For that determination to be made, there would have to have been TWO scenarios to compare side by side. >> An internment, and the absence of an internment.

As for the Muslims, their ideology-cult, masquerading as a religion is 100% illegal and unconstitutional. Those Muslims who have shown seditious or treasonous acts should be dealt with according to our laws for sedition and treason. Those Americans who call themselves Muslims, but are law-abiding and peaceful (and therefore aren't actually "Muslims"), should be treated the same as any other Americans, except that their mosques should all be closed down, and Korans eliminated from libraries, schools, bookstores, etc. (same as any other illegal supremacism in violation of the Constitution's Supremacy Clause - Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)

As if the American West Coast had ever been in serious danger of a cross-ocean adversary!

There were a small percentage of Americans who opposed the camps or stood up fort their Japanese neighbors and Carr was one of the few politicians who stood up for what was right. Even the courts tasked with standing up for Constitutional rights ignored them

National security trumps civil rights. Tough to accept, but it's true. You don't retain to many rights if you're DEAD.

We are closer today to 1942 than we have been in the last 70 years

National security trumps civil rights. Tough to accept, but it's true. You don't retain to many rights if you're DEAD.

You are right when you say "trumps"

We are closer today to 1942 than we have been in the last 70 years

I would oppose it with everything I have.

Dorthea Lange kept a photographic record of the internment camps - long lines of well dressed people with numbers around their next, horse stables used for housing...she was threatened and censored for it.

Lange-4.jpg

Forum List

Back