Iowa house approves new gun bill

BREAKING: Iowa House Approves New Gun Bill With Deadly Force AND Stand-Your-Ground Provision
The Iowa House of Representatives just approved a new gun bill that expands the allowable use of deadly force, creates a new stand-your-ground provision, and allows citizens to sue local governments that impose weapons restrictions in the event of an incident where they were not able to adequately protect themselves as a result of the restriction.

Great news!

Wow good law...lol... unbelievable.

The bill would also allow children under age 14 to use handguns with parental supervision and allow weapons on the Capitol grounds.”
Nothing wrong with that, the earlier the better. The second amendment is only permit needed To Carry… That's the way it should be

We already have road rage with commuters.. mental illness running wild... Guns in the Capital...lol

This law will not last..
In California no. In Iowa yes. Not a big fan of the 2nd amendment are ya?

My neighbor of 18 years shot his son in the head and then himself for revenge of his wife leaving him... I found them dead..

I am all for the 2nd amendment, but I am also for laws that protect the innocent..

Father killed cancer patient son, then himself in home near Los Gatos, officials say – The Mercury News
You approve of gun control, pure and simple. Your bleeding heart stories have nothing to do with anything.

BREAKING: Iowa House Approves New Gun Bill With Deadly Force AND Stand-Your-Ground Provision
The Iowa House of Representatives just approved a new gun bill that expands the allowable use of deadly force, creates a new stand-your-ground provision, and allows citizens to sue local governments that impose weapons restrictions in the event of an incident where they were not able to adequately protect themselves as a result of the restriction.

Great news!

The bill would also allow children under age 14 to use handguns with parental supervision and allow weapons on the Capitol grounds.”
Nothing wrong with that, the earlier the better. The second amendment is only permit needed To Carry… That's the way it should be
your armchair psychiatry aside, guns have a very strong effect on those who are very easily effected.
We already have road rage with commuters.. mental illness running wild... Guns in the Capital...lol

This law will not last..
Firearms have nothing to do with personal behavior… firearms have no control over a person

It's funny, up here in western South Dakota most everyone concealed carries or open carries... and violent crime is almost nonexistent.

This law will not last..

My neighbor of 18 years shot his son in the head and then himself for revenge of his wife leaving him... I found them dead..

I am all for the 2nd amendment, but I am also for laws that protect the innocent..

Father killed cancer patient son, then himself in home near Los Gatos, officials say – The Mercury News
You are Stupid in the head if you think any frivolous gun control laws could've stopped that...

Andrew would have had a fighting chance... You live in the country don't you?

These lenient laws work in your area...but the capitals..come on

It's funny, up here in western South Dakota most everyone concealed carries or open carries... and violent crime is almost nonexistent.

This law will not last..

You are Stupid in the head if you think any frivolous gun control laws could've stopped that...

Andrew should have taken steps to defend himself.

This law will not last..

Sounds like there should be laws against infanticide and suicide in your area.

Murder laws are already in place, that is why the coward killed himself I am sure...

This law will not last..

Andrew should have taken steps to defend himself.

He was sleeping... The dad tried to get the daughter to spend the night too.. The daughter and I found them dead.

This law will not last..

Yes, it's a rural area, but the fact remains firearms outnumber people many, many times over up here… So much for firearms killing people, you do know people kill people not firearms?

The fact remains more frivolous going to control laws lead to more violent crime…

This law will not last..

Yes, it's a rural area, but the fact remains firearms outnumber people many, many times over up here… So much for firearms killing people, you do know people kill people not firearms?

Do you recall the power the white folk had over the Indians? Obviously guns give a person more power than a person unarmed..

You know that I am fine with the 2nd amendment...It just seems like they are going too far with this firearm freedom..

Why do you need a gun at the capital?

Great news!

This law will not last..

I am sure that was very traumatic for you but its not the gun's fault. I knew some people that the hubby shot the wife and there son was on the phone with mom when it all went down. Sounds extremely tragic doesn't it. Truth is mom and son both were whackjobs and the older son mom had shot himself about ten years previously. The oldest one couldn't deal with what mom did to him whilst growing up. I have to say that woman was one sick bitch. Sounds pretty cold of me doesn't it to describe it all that away. A reporter couldn't possibly describe the reality of that whole suicide murder fiasco and the details of all the things different people that played a part in it all.

Last edited:

This law will not last..

Murder laws are already in place, that is why the coward killed himself I am sure...
and no matter how many 'gun laws' are on the books, someone is going to find a way to get one, and use it for nefarious reasons.

(Now comes the whine, "Then why have any gun laws at all?)

Do you recall the power the white folk had over the Indians? Obviously guns give a person more power than a person unarmed..

You know that I am fine with the 2nd amendment...It just seems like they are going too far with this firearm freedom..

One has to protect themselves from career politicians/vermin don't they?;)

But no really why not? it's the most sacred part of the constitution…

This law will not last..

I am sure that was very traumatic for you but its not the gun's fault. I knew some people that the hubby shot the wife and there son was on the phone with mom when it all went down. Sounds extremely tragic doesn't it. Truth is mom and son both were whackjobs and the older son mom had shot himself about ten years previously. The oldest one couldn't deal with what mom did to him whilst growing up. I have to say that woman was one sick bitch. Sounds pretty cold of me doesn't it to describe it all that away. A reporter couldn't possibly describe the reality of that whole suicide murder fiasco and the details of all the things different people that played a part in it all.

Yes, I watched Andrew grow up from a baby...It is very personal

You do not sound cold

Now like I said I am not against having guns...But why do you need a gun at the capital?

This law will not last..

and no matter how many 'gun laws' are on the books, someone is going to find a way to get one, and use it for nefarious reasons.

Tell me your excuse for having guns at the capital....

Did you know that you have to go through a security check point at the courts? People get crazy when things don't go their way..

By the way firearms had nothing to do with the "conquering" of the Indians, we conquered ourselves. While we were playing around the sticks and dirt the Europeans were inventing the future... it could be very easily argued the greatest invention in human history was gun powder/firearms… thanks to the Orientals

This law will not last..

Yes, I watched Andrew grow up from a baby...It is very personal

You do not sound cold

Now like I said I am not against having guns...But why do you need a gun at the capital?
I haven't read the bill. On capital grounds or in the building its self... I know that they have guards and checks going in. Here you file for a permit to carry and that has to be approved by the county sheriff.

I don't carry, myself, wife totally disapproves of it, and haven't felt the need since I moved from my former home.

as for carrying at the capital, is it somehow gun free from the criminal element?

I could possibly need to defend myself there as any place else.

I don't carry, myself, wife totally disapproves of it, and haven't felt the need since I moved from my former home.

as for carrying at the capital, is it somehow gun free from the criminal element?

I could possibly need to defend myself there as any place else.
If you normally carried one with you I would think you'd want it on you verses leaving it in a car where it could be easily stolen. Just a few blocks from the capital the neighborhood ain't all that good..

Did you know that you have to go through a security check point at the courts? People get crazy when things don't go their way..
People get crazy when things don't go their way..
Good reason to have something to defend yourself

Forum List

Back