Iowa house approves new gun bill

Sounds like there should be laws against infanticide and suicide in your area.

Murder laws are already in place, that is why the coward killed himself I am sure...
Murder laws are already in place, that is why the coward killed himself I am sure...
and no matter how many 'gun laws' are on the books, someone is going to find a way to get one, and use it for nefarious reasons.

(Now comes the whine, "Then why have any gun laws at all?)

Tell me your excuse for having guns at the capital....

I don't carry, myself, wife totally disapproves of it, and haven't felt the need since I moved from my former home.

as for carrying at the capital, is it somehow gun free from the criminal element?

I could possibly need to defend myself there as any place else.
If you normally carried one with you I would think you'd want it on you verses leaving it in a car where it could be easily stolen. Just a few blocks from the capital the neighborhood ain't all that good..

Thousand miles from my former 'charges', don't feel the need to carry for as little as I go out

My neighbor of 18 years shot his son in the head and then himself for revenge of his wife leaving him... I found them dead..

I am all for the 2nd amendment, but I am also for laws that protect the innocent..

Father killed cancer patient son, then himself in home near Los Gatos, officials say – The Mercury News
My neighbor of 18 years shot his son in the head and then himself for revenge of his wife leaving him... I found them dead..

and no matter how many 'gun laws' are on the books, someone is going to find a way to get one, and use it for nefarious reasons.

I don't carry, myself, wife totally disapproves of it, and haven't felt the need since I moved from my former home.

as for carrying at the capital, is it somehow gun free from the criminal element?

It's funny, up here in western South Dakota most everyone concealed carries or open carries... and violent crime is almost nonexistent.

I am all for the 2nd amendment, but I am also for laws that protect the innocent..

Father killed cancer patient son, then himself in home near Los Gatos, officials say – The Mercury News
You are Stupid in the head if you think any frivolous gun control laws could've stopped that...

Andrew would have had a fighting chance... You live in the country don't you?

These lenient laws work in your area...but the capitals..come on
Yes, it's a rural area, but the fact remains firearms outnumber people many, many times over up here… So much for firearms killing people, you do know people kill people not firearms?

Do you recall the power the white folk had over the Indians? Obviously guns give a person more power than a person unarmed..

You know that I am fine with the 2nd amendment...It just seems like they are going too far with this firearm freedom..

Why do you need a gun at the capital?
By the way firearms had nothing to do with the "conquering" of the Indians, we conquered ourselves. While we were playing around the sticks and dirt the Europeans were inventing the future... it could be very easily argued the greatest invention in human history was gun powder/firearms… thanks to the Orientals

This will be good for business Rustic..

Senate OKs guns for some in South Dakota’s Capitol

Senate OKs guns for some in South Dakota’s Capitol

If you normally carried one with you I would think you'd want it on you verses leaving it in a car where it could be easily stolen. Just a few blocks from the capital the neighborhood ain't all that good..

Thousand miles from my former 'charges', don't feel the need to carry for as little as I go out

I am thinking about getting a small gun, we are having break-ins during the day ... it is bad.

We have large dogs these days verses guns. Even when I go into the city the dogs go with. Haven't had a gun for many years but I am seldom in any situations that would warrant carrying one. Now back when I was at risk on a daily basis in areas where criminals frequently traveled I kept one on hand along with having the large dogs as travel companions.

It is just a matter of time until this backfires at the capital... There is no need to have guns in such an emotional place where people get angry..

I am thinking about getting a small gun, we are having break-ins during the day ... it is bad.

Lot of good sites out there to get information on concealed firearms.

any idea what caliber you want?

We have large dogs these days verses guns. Even when I go into the city the dogs go with. Haven't had a gun for many years but I am seldom in any situations that would warrant carrying one. Now back when I was at risk on a daily basis in areas where criminals frequently traveled I kept one on hand along with having the large dogs as travel companions.

I have always had large dogs ( a wolf Shepard in the 1970's ) I rescued a poodle 2 years ago, and she seems to be on duty 24/7 and never leaves my side..

A Pink one...haaa I have no idea...But now that my boys are grown I don't have to worry about having one in the house.

Do your research.

always pissed me off you can't try out a firearm before you buy it at a dealer.

At least you can get informed, and see how it fits in your hand

A Pink one...haaa I have no idea...But now that my boys are grown I don't have to worry about having one in the house.

th

.45, good stopping power

If you buy one buy a quality gun and not some piece of junk.

Do your research.

I think I would take a class and practice first... Can you believe that we had a rifle club in my High school in the 1970's..lol
Their club has a picture in our yearbook all holding rifles

th

.45, good stopping power

Thank you... I may RV by myself across the USA in the future and you definitively need one traveling alone..

Do your research.

I think I would take a class and practice first... Can you believe that we had a rifle club in my High school in the 1970's..lol
Excellent idea. Go to a good gun range nearby you and have someone there help you determine what is best for you.

th

.45, good stopping power

Thank you... I may RV by myself across the USA in the future and you definitively need one traveling alone..
If you have a gun and plan on traveling across state lines know the laws in each state you will be traveling in. The dogs were the best deterrent we had for protection but not everyone is willing to or can travel with big dogs.

Do your research.

Excellent idea. Go to a good gun range nearby you and have someone there help you determine what is best for you.

My husband is just fine with it, as long as I take a class... Thanks for your help.. This place is addicting , I need to run..
These thief's are ringing doorbells and are breaking in even when someone is home... We don't open our doors to strangers anymore...sad to say.

th

.45, good stopping power

If you have a gun and plan on traveling across state lines know the laws in each state you will be traveling in. The dogs were the best deterrent we had for protection but not everyone is willing to or can travel with big dogs.

Oh yeah, forgot about that...I need to do my research..

Forum List

Back