Iraq and Al Queda

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Nothing here, move along. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :terror: :terror:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/25/politics/25TERR.html?pagewanted=1&th

No matter how they try to spin it, the NYT is going to end up eating their 'apology':

June 25, 2004
THE INTELLIGENCE
Iraqis, Seeking Foes of Saudis, Contacted bin Laden, File Says
By THOM SHANKER

ASHINGTON, June 24 — Contacts between Iraqi intelligence agents and Osama bin Laden when he was in Sudan in the mid-1990's were part of a broad effort by Baghdad to work with organizations opposing the Saudi ruling family, according to a newly disclosed document obtained by the Americans in Iraq.

American officials described the document as an internal report by the Iraqi intelligence service detailing efforts to seek cooperation with several Saudi opposition groups, including Mr. bin Laden's organization, before Al Qaeda had become a full-fledged terrorist organization. He was based in Sudan from 1992 to 1996, when that country forced him to leave and he took refuge in Afghanistan.

The document states that Iraq agreed to rebroadcast anti-Saudi propaganda, and that a request from Mr. bin Laden to begin joint operations against foreign forces in Saudi Arabia went unanswered. There is no further indication of collaboration.

Originally posted by Hannitized
But there's no link between Iraq and Al-Qeada. :rolleyes:

LOL That's right, nothing to see, move along...

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
the requests went unanswered, did they not?

Some yes, some not so sure. They had that injured al Queda leader in Iraq, prior to the war. In the North they had training camps. In spite of staff reports, the Commission members don't seem ready to mark this part closed.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Some yes, some not so sure. They had that injured al Queda leader in Iraq, prior to the war. In the North they had training camps. In spite of staff reports, the Commission members don't seem ready to mark this part closed.

as well they shouldn't, however, things that have been pointed out in the past are that the northern part of iraq has been kurdish country for a decade and more. Another thing to think about is the injured al qaeda leader in iraq, was he there for more than just medical? If so, wheres anything documented?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
as well they shouldn't, however, things that have been pointed out in the past are that the northern part of iraq has been kurdish country for a decade and more. Another thing to think about is the injured al qaeda leader in iraq, was he there for more than just medical? If so, wheres anything documented?

I was trying to remember his name, the injured one I'm referring to. Omar something??? Can you remember? I'll see what I can find out if you do.

The Kurds 'controlled' but not so sure about those training camps. There was no love loss on the part of Kurds and al Queda and the camps were in a pretty remote area, that was possible for Saddam. I guess that was my point, time will tell as they seemed as good at keeping notes as Hitler.

Forum List

Back