Irony, Karma, and Hell Yeah! All Rolled Into One Event

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
A robot has been designed to take managerial jobs, but then again, it is usually the low skill position that get automated first, lol!.

Office workers meet Betty - their new robot colleague

A trainee office manager is set to begin a two month trial, but this is a new starter with a difference - because Betty is a ROBOT.

The unusual colleague is about to launch her new career at The Transport Systems Catapult, based in Milton Keynes thanks to a team from the University of Birmingham.

Betty will carry out tasks including patrolling the offices, assessing how many staff members are in the office outside working hours, monitoring the environment by collating data on clutter, office temperature, humidity and noise, as well as checking fire doors are closed and desks are clear.

She will also be tasked with greeting guests at reception.

Friendly Betty is a highly sophisticated robot, running artificial intelligence-driven software developed by an international research team led by the university.

A robot has been designed to take managerial jobs, but then again, it is usually the low skill position that get automated first, lol!.

A trainee office manager is set to begin a two month trial, but this is a new starter with a difference - because Betty is a ROBOT.

The unusual colleague is about to launch her new career at The Transport Systems Catapult, based in Milton Keynes thanks to a team from the University of Birmingham.

Betty will carry out tasks including patrolling the offices, assessing how many staff members are in the office outside working hours, monitoring the environment by collating data on clutter, office temperature, humidity and noise, as well as checking fire doors are closed and desks are clear.

Friendly Betty is a highly sophisticated robot, running artificial intelligence-driven software developed by an international research team led by the university.

I think that I could do very well in a post work environment.

Well, being unemployed is a very challenging task, I promise you, especially if you are a habitual 'gotta be doing something' kind of person.

Well, being unemployed is a very challenging task, I promise you, especially if you are a habitual 'gotta be doing something' kind of person.

I'm not.

I had about a month a while back, where I was "unemployed" but had stuff coming so not only was there no pressure, but starting serious was out of the question.

I loved it.

I'm not.

I had about a month a while back, where I was "unemployed" but had stuff coming so not only was there no pressure, but starting serious was out of the question.

I loved it.

Unfortunately for me, I am such a person. It has taken me two years to get used to not getting up and needing to be somewhere by a certain time.

Now I only have to get up to feed me cantankerous cat. I still feel a bit miserable, and still crave the attaboys I used to get fairly regularly at work.

I am a sad little petty person.

I'm not.

I loved it.

Unfortunately for me, I am such a person. It has taken me two years to get used to not getting up and needing to be somewhere by a certain time.

Now I only have to get up to feed me cantankerous cat. I still feel a bit miserable, and still crave the attaboys I used to get fairly regularly at work.

I am a sad little petty person.

I hope now that you have gotten used to it, that you can now start filling at least some of your time with something fun.

Corporate America can robotize every aspect of their business and believe me, nobody more than the working class of this nation will be laughing our ass's off, on payday when these replacements fail to make a car payment, a house payment, purchases at local venues and eat out...however we will be waiting when corporations die a slow economic death that is so over due.....THE PLANET IS SICK OF YA!!!
th

Forum List

Back