IRS Exposes Thousands of SSN

Standard practice for government agencies. I have been contacted no less than 10 times for the government being caught giving my data out, one of the government employees taking it and selling it or a hacker accessing the ‘secure’ database.

You know what the response is from them over this bullshit? Tough shit. They send a letter and then they are done with that. Sometimes they direct you to a third party to ‘protect’ yourself from their blunder. Of course, you are going to have to pay for that though.

I can hear it now, "this was a mistake made by a temporary receptionist. No IRS mid to top level executives had any knowledge whatsoever of this error". Sound familiar?

Immie

The IRS is blaming the 'organizations':

"The IRS frequently and routinely reminds organizations of the public disclosure of these forms and urges them not to include personal information, including Social Security numbers, in their public filings," the agency said. "The IRS is assessing the situation and exploring available options."

The grievous slip-up is just the latest in a seemingly unending series of distressing episodes at the tax agency.

IRS exposed 'tens of thousands' of Social Security numbers in online slip-up - NY Daily News

The IRS is blaming the 'organizations':

"The IRS frequently and routinely reminds organizations of the public disclosure of these forms and urges them not to include personal information, including Social Security numbers, in their public filings," the agency said. "The IRS is assessing the situation and exploring available options."

The grievous slip-up is just the latest in a seemingly unending series of distressing episodes at the tax agency.

IRS exposed 'tens of thousands' of Social Security numbers in online slip-up - NY Daily News

Really? Does that mean businesses don't have to give them any personal info on employees once Obamafuckedupcare is in effect? This is new, not having to send any personal info when dealing with the IRS. Usually they stop just short of crawling up our butts for every little thing we need to contact them about.

When people fill out the IRS forms, they don't usually offer info that is not asked for. Is the IRS suggesting that the organizations added info that was not requested on the form?

I'm sure the letter said, "Sorry for the inconvenience" or some other stupid thing. What will we do when some illegal alien uses our ss number to get health care and we get charged? The government doesn't give a shit who gets a hold of our ss numbers or what they do with them.

Bottom line is that there is a sorry track record of government being irresponsible with our personal info through it's many agencies. And they are never willing or able to help us deal with the mess they get us into.

Last edited:
It's reached the point where anything out of the IRS in specific and Big Fed in general has a cloud of disbelief surrounding it. Their trust has been squandered.

The State Dept. issued a statement about Kerry's Nantucket yachting this weekend that was a blanket and unequivocal denial. It was also a complete lie.

What am I inclined to believe in the future?

Nothing.

Could it have been intentional? The democrat administration IRS subdued Tea Party participation in the 2010 election so now the agenda is to punish patriots by exposing their social security numbers to identity theft.

Could it have been intentional? The democrat administration IRS subdued Tea Party participation in the 2010 election so now the agenda is to punish patriots by exposing their social security numbers to identity theft.

That is a very good question!

I haven't found specifically if there is a political divide.
If so, could it be the 'shame' factor?

In CA, after the 2008 election where Prop 8 was approved by the voters, Prop 8 Maps came out listing donors names, addresses and amount contributed. In some cases even their work place was identified.

That is a very good question!

I haven't found specifically if there is a political divide.
If so, could it be the 'shame' factor?

In CA, after the 2008 election where Prop 8 was approved by the voters, Prop 8 Maps came out listing donors names, addresses and amount contributed. In some cases even their work place was identified.

I would doubt that it was intentional as there is nothing that points that way or anything that could be gained from releasing that data. The sad truth here is that these things (the loss of personal data) happen regularly with these agencies.

Without being held accountable, because such agencies are not, this is what happens.

The IRS is totally dysfunctional. Ted Cruz is right. Dismantle it now. They should have nothing, zero, to do with implementing Obamacare as it's been shown they dont have the capability to implement it.

Forum List

Back