Walz is anti military

It's obvious the op and some other's do not know the difference between Army Reserves and Army National Guard. The mission of the Guard was to protect communities of the U.S. but after 9/11 that changed. But the guard I knew from many, many years ago went to armory on weekends, drank and played poker and had very little training. Once a year they may have gone to camp for 2 weeks to practice on heavy armor and party.

It is also obvious some in this thread never served and really know nothing of what they post. And yes I did spend 3.9 years in the military in the late 60's and proud disabled vet and see nothing wrong with Walz military record. One veteran who disses another vet that has served honorably is really low life scum

Last edited:
It's obvious the op and some other's do not know the difference between Army Reserves and Army National Guard. The mission of the Guard was to protect communities of the U.S. but after 9/11 that changed. But the guard I knew from many, many years ago went to armory on weekends, drank and played poker and had very little training. Once a year they may have gone to camp for 2 weeks to practice on heavy armor and party.

It is also obvious some in this thread never served and really no nothing of what they post. And yes I did spend 3.9 years in the military in the late 60's and proud disabled vet and see nothing wrong with Walz military record. One veteran who disses another vet that has served honorably is really low life scum
Indeed, I was reg army, national guard and AR.

Even your tweet is a lie. Why are you so dishonest?

He did not say they all were 19 year old cooks.

And he has a very valid point, there is a reason that a NG unit has to go to an active duty military base for 6 months of intense training before they can deploy to somewhere like Iraq.

I started my time in the Marines in the reserves, spent. 1.5 years in the reserves before going active duty. I was with a Truck Company, our one weekend a month was spent changing tires that did not need changed and a lot of other stupid shit to fill up the time. We often did not even get to drive the trucks.
So why have the National Guard at all?

So why have the Natl Guard at all?

Floods, other national disasters, etc. One could argue that in a surprise attack they could be first line of defense BUT that shouldn't be needed but sadly it's not the case as we prefer to spread our military out all over the world.

Floods, other national disasters, etc. One could argue that in a surprise attack they could be first line of defense BUT that shouldn't be needed but sadly it's not the case as we prefer to spread our military out all over the world.
So they can’t help the local police against rioters? Thank you for educating me on this matter.

So they can’t help the local police against rioters? Thank you for educating me on this matter.

They can. They shouldn't.

But one can note that the protests may not have even happened if Trump hadn't called people peacefully protesting SOB's.

They can. They shouldn't.

But one can note that the protests may not have even happened if Trump hadn't called people peacefully protesting SOB's.
They happened in droves post Floyd incident. Then again post Israel attacks on Hamas. Can’t blame Trump there. They really took off when CNN called them mostly peaceful and there were mild to no repercussions.

They happened in droves post Floyd incident.

Yes and the peaceful kneeling where Trump called them SOB's was pre-Floyd.

People peacefully protesting being called SOB's and then seeing the dead cold eyes of Chauvin kneeling on a mans neck as he died set things off.

Donald Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters: 'Get that son of a bitch off the field'

The murder of George Floyd

Then again post Israel attacks on Hamas. Can’t blame Trump there. They really took off when CNN called them mostly peaceful and there were mild to no repercussions.

Israel is none of my business.

Forum List

Back