Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?

He got reverted to a TACTICAL rank not a command rank. If he had command experience as a 1stSgt, he might have a leg to stand on but he didn't. He did not complete the requirements to be a command SgtMaj. Would you go to a doctor that did not meet the requirements? Why are you so intent on furthering his intentional lie?

Actually Senior NCOs above platoon sergeants (usually E-7) aren't part of the chain of command. At a command level, the chain goes from the senior command officer to his officer subordinates, like from division, to brigade commanders, to company commanders to platoon leaders, to platoon sergeant, to squad leader and then to individual soldiers.

You would think someone calling himself a Gunnery Sgt would know that Hawaii is NOT a deployment and that Italy is

Talk about stolen valor. You’re either a liar or a stolen valor creep yourself

The 25th Inf Div was STATIONED in Hawaii and DEPLOYED to many places. Enewetok for one. I know because I was on that deployment. They have also been deployed to Iraq

But they are stationed (or at least were… that may have changed since I was with them) in Hawaii

Wow, more lies. We have 7 permanent installations in Italy. Soldier assigned to them are considered permanently changing duty station, not deployed. And units that backfill the units in Italy, when the permanent units deploy are on temporary duty to maintain our presence in Europe. Last I've heard, Italy is not a war zone.

You and the democrats have been doing that and worse for the last eight years.
So does it make any sense for YOU to be doing the same stupid things?

Somebody has to stop first and lead by example.

...Now you want to act all butt hurt because you are being held accountable for it.
Nonsense. Beyond a certain point I really don't give a rat's a$$. But your nit-picking is not going to end well for you.
November, your party is going to be held accountable for the train wreck that you've made of this country and the world over the past four years.
Looks good on paper, I suppose, but your lead has melted away and you're just grabbing at straws now.
Links showing his saying to different versions of what he said in his "in war" comments have been posted.
Then I will go looking for them.
One "weapons carried IN WAR" the other "weapons used IN WAR", neither are true.

Correct. He did not see combat nor serve in a combat zone.

Actually Senior NCOs above platoon sergeants (usually E-7) aren't part of the chain of command. At a command level, the chain goes from the senior command officer to his officer subordinates, like from division, to brigade commanders, to company commanders to platoon leaders, to platoon sergeant, to squad leader and then to individual soldiers.

1stSgt is command on a company level while SgtMaj is on battalion level. MSgt is an E8 tactical grade. Not sure of the Army's E9 tactical grade or if there is one (maybe the reason they called him a command SgtMaj, command goes to the task) but in the Marine Corps, E8 or MSgt is the same as the Army while the E9, Master Gunnery Sgt. is the tactical grade equivalent to SgtMaj..

Honored to be put in company with him, but I know I don't deserve such an honor. That guy up most all of life to service to country, both in decades of military service and later in public service.

Neither of you have displayed any honor. I had a 1st sergeant like him once, and even warned our sergeant major about him, he was really bad news, but he knew how to play the political angles. I retired Aug 2000, my previous unit deployed to Kuwait in late 2001. The company commander and 1st sergeant were relieved less than two weeks after arriving in country. Yep, bad news, just like Walz.

Walz serviced his country admirably. It is just the Trump cult that hate the military because their leader has called those that have served the nation "losers" and "suckers."
I'm sorry but leaving your unit after it's been called up to deploy to a dangerous war zone isn't serving "admirably"...it's getting while the getting is good! That was Walz's decision to make but it doesn't look good.

The right and now it's the forces of MAGA, have always tried muddying and distorting facts. The convoluted arguments regarding Walz and his military service is a great example. WAPO (cub reporters?) is falling for the narratives put forth by MAGA and others.

ex:

The last paragraph. Walz did not incorrectly say anything.

Some of us have addressed this before:

Vance also accused Walz of feigning a record in active combat: "[Walz] said - and he was making a point about gun control - he said, ‘we shouldn't allow weapons that I used in war, to be on America's streets.' Well, I wonder, Tim Walz, when you ever in war?"

The senator actually misquoted Walz in his screed. In the clip Vance was referencing, Walz says that he "carried" weapons in war, not "used." Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it - and likely had a service weapon - the claim that he is engaging in "stolen valor" holds little water.

Vance spoke on Wednesday as if he served more honorably than Walz, noting that he went to Iraq "I did it, I did what they asked me to do and I did it honorably," he said The senator was deployed for six months in Iraq as a combat correspondent in 2005 as part of the Marines' Public Affairs office. He - like Walz - never engaged in active combat and has stated that he was "lucky to escape any real fighting," during his deployment.
Walz is a coward. The argument is over.

Neither of you have displayed any honor. I had a 1st sergeant like him once, and even warned our sergeant major about him, he was really bad news, but he knew how to play the political angles. I retired Aug 2000, my previous unit deployed to Kuwait in late 2001. The company commander and 1st sergeant were relieved less than two weeks after arriving in country. Yep, bad news, just like Walz.

Oh please. Your tired, old stories are what are commonly called "war stories"

Go to bed old man. Nobody really listens to you. Your old, makes you invisible.

Oh please. Your tired, old stories are what are commonly called "war stories"

Go to bed old man. Nobody really listens to you. Your old, makes you invisible.

You obviously do ya stupid commie bitch. You're quick to gobble down the fictitious war stories from walz, but think you have the authority to call everyone else a liar, just because they disagree with you politically. That just proves you're a scared little person.

He isnt a command SgtMaj. He lost that rank because he did not stay long enough to fulfill the requirements to retire at that he retired a Master Sgt.
He never held that rank, it was an acting rank based on the position he held. It was no more real that if air had put on SFC stripes when I filled an E-7 Classified Records Custodian position as a E-4. Acting ranks aren’t real, they are a way to give authority to match the responsibility of a position.

Forum List

Back