Polls forecast grim outcome for Trump-those polls are from 2016.

No one expected Comey to make the announcement that they were reopening the investigation in to her, just two to three weeks before election day....

The same type of below the waste or left hook, can still be done 2 weeks before the 2024 election and all bets are off on polling imo.

She should have been charged months before that and then the (D)'s could have done what they just did and won in 2016.

She should have been charged months before that and then the (D)'s could have done what they just did and won in 2016.

I think her assuming she was going to win and basically quit campaigning in Aug is what did her in more than anything else.

The election.

On Election Day, nearly every public polling firm predicted that Hillary Clinton would win the presidency. The only real debate was by how large a margin.

Nate Silver says conventional wisdom, not data, killed 2016 election forecasts

So, it was not the polls but the people reading the polls...

But statistician Nate Silver, the founder and editor in chief of FiveThirtyEight.com, says it wasn’t data analytics that failed, but the major media outlets that didn’t properly understand probability and instead leaned on shopworn conventional wisdom.

I think her assuming she was going to win and basically quit campaigning in Aug is what did her in more than anything else.

She didn't quit campaigning in Hollywood. Thinking she had it in the bag was a huge mistake for the Democrats.

One that has hurt them far more than just that one election. Obama didn't fight for his Supreme Court pick because he assumed Hillary would then make it.

The writing was there on the wall if anyone was paying attention when she lost Michigan and Wisconsin to Sanders.

I noted that she could lose those two states. I didn't think she would lose Pennsylvania also.

So, it was not the polls but the people reading the polls...

But statistician Nate Silver, the founder and editor in chief of FiveThirtyEight.com, says it wasn’t data analytics that failed, but the major media outlets that didn’t properly understand probability and instead leaned on shopworn conventional wisdom.

Saying he only gave her a 70% chance isn't really saying he was still right. Yes a batter with a .300 average has a good chance of driving in the winning run but that is where Silver's argument fails.

He is still arguing right at the end that Hillary had a high probability of winning.

And this, right here, is what separates MAGA from the rest of the world.

Before Biden dropped out, Democrats were immensely concerned that Biden would lose. The polls were clear that Biden was behind not only nationally, but in the specific swing states he needed. The evidence was pretty clear.

But MAGA, now that the polls have shifted? Completely oblivious, clinging to the same tired denial of evidence they pushed in 2020. I give it 2, maybe 3 weeks before they transition from poll denial, to preemptive excuses for why they're gonna lose. All involving some flavor of unfounded batshit, of course.

Just like 2020.
And democrat voters voted for Biden anyway. You people are patently dishonest

And democrat voters voted for Biden anyway. You people are patently dishonest

When faced with evidence that Biden was too old after the last debate, democrats embraced the evidence and the polling and called for Biden to drop out.

When faced with Trump's slurring speech, his incoherent ramblings, his delusional 'memories' of helicopter rides with Willie Brown, and recently polling numbers....

.......MAGA just doubles down on batshit. Just like they did in 2020.

Good luck with that.

When faced with evidence that Biden was too old after the last debate, democrats embraced the evidence and the polling and called for Biden to drop out.

When faced with Trump's slurring speech, his incoherent ramblings, his delusional 'memories' of helicopter rides with Willie Brown, and recently polling numbers....

.......MAGA just doubles down on batshit. Just like they did in 2020.

Good luck with that.

The democrats knew about his demise and hid it for years, yet didn’t allow its people to make an informed choice.

Clear deceit and dishonesty and a true threat to democracy.

The democrats knew about his demise and hid it for years, yet didn’t allow its people to make an informed choice.

Clear deceit and dishonesty.

Trump has had issues his entire life. The idea that one has to call everyone you disagree with a disparaging name is a sign of a mental issue.

Others around Trump have noted that he doesn't lie in his own eyes. That he is Donald Trump so no matter what he says it is the truth.

Trump has had issues his entire life. The idea that one has to call everyone you disagree with a disparaging name is a sign of a mental issue.

Others around Trump have noted that he doesn't lie in his own eyes. That he is Donald Trump so no matter what he says it is the truth.

Our voters elected the candidate. You placed yours. A direct threat against democracy

Our voters elected the candidate. You placed yours. A direct threat against democracy

I am not a Democrat. I didn't argue that the Democrats haven't hid Biden's decline. It's not that it wasn't obvious for a long time though.

They elected their declining candidate and then changed their minds.

Republicans elected their unstable candidate and are now upset he is further declining but refuse to address it.

This should terrify any rational person: Trump 'can't lose' and he 'can't mistakes'.

What kind of leadership is that? We literally have to revise history because some confused old man has a failing memory?

Do we have to start pronouncing words with a slur because ol' man Trump is slurring his speech, all while pretending that has always been the way the word is pronounced?

Insisting any failure is fraud and any mistake is perfect is what passes for leadership among conservatives now.

She didn't quit campaigning in Hollywood. Thinking she had it in the bag was a huge mistake for the Democrats.

One that has hurt them far more than just that one election. Obama didn't fight for his Supreme Court pick because he assumed Hillary would then make it.

The writing was there on the wall if anyone was paying attention when she lost Michigan and Wisconsin to Sanders.

I noted that she could lose those two states. I didn't think she would lose Pennsylvania also.

She quit campaigning in the states she needed to win. She assumed she had them locked up and Trump spent a ton of time in them. This was her downfall.

Oddly, I see Trump doing something of the same thing this time around

This should terrify any rational person: Trump 'can't lose' and he 'can't mistakes'.

What kind of leadership is that? We literally have to revise history because some confused old man has a failing memory?

Do we have to start pronouncing words with a slur because ol' man Trump is slurring his speech, all while pretending that has always been the way the word is pronounced?

Insisting any failure is fraud and any mistake is perfect is what passes for leadership among conservatives now.

I will note...............if it's that imperative to beat Trump maybe picking the person that came in last place in 2020 wasn't the best option?

She quit campaigning in the states she needed to win. She assumed she had them locked up and Trump spent a ton of time in them. This was her downfall.

Oddly, I see Trump doing something of the same thing this time around

Wasn't he just in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin?

Rambling incoherently but there all the same.

Forum List

Back