IRS recognizes same-sex mariages in all states

What I'm suggesting is to call it something else but give it the same exact legal status in the state in which it takes place as traditional marriage so that those that want it expanded into additional states don't have to fight an uphill battle against people that would vote "YES" on it if it wasn't a redefinition of the word "marriage". Getting the tax code adjusted to include whatever verbiage XYZ state chooses to use isn't the main challenge involved in getting more states to recognize same sex "marriage" as legal.

You are free to call it anything you want

Why force the government to call it what you want instead of what that married couple want?

I personally don't care what they call it and I'm not suggesting forcing anybody to do anything. What I'm suggesting is that if homosexuals want legal recognition of same sex marriage in the states where voters have so far rejected it that they may want to show some empathy for those that do have deeply held moral objections to redefining the traditional institution of marriage and accept a compromise where they get all the privileges and responsibilities under a different name.

Alternatively they can keep banging their heads into a brick wall and getting nowhere in those states.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein

I agree that may be an easy way out and gays might have jumped at that offer ten years ago but that horse has left the barn

A gay couple wants to call their partnership a marriage just like any other couple. Shouldn't the government respond to the wishes of the couple rather than the wishes of those who hate them?

gays in committed two person relationships should have equal tax obligations with traditionally married couples.

Why not allow a "married" tax rate for two sisters or two brothers who are living together and sharing expenses and caring for each other? No sex, but a committed relationship. How about mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, cousins? Where does it end for you guys?

Is it the gay sex that makes it different?

Is the concept of "love" outside your comprehension?

Of course not, in my examples the people love each other, they just don't have sex with each other. Why should they be punished for not having sex?

read it again:
Why not allow a "married" tax rate for two sisters or two brothers who are living together and sharing expenses and caring for each other? No sex, but a committed relationship. How about mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, cousins? Where does it end for you guys?

Do you love your sister the same way you love your wife?

What I'm suggesting is to call it something else but give it the same exact legal status in the state in which it takes place as traditional marriage so that those that want it expanded into additional states don't have to fight an uphill battle against people that would vote "YES" on it if it wasn't a redefinition of the word "marriage". Getting the tax code adjusted to include whatever verbiage XYZ state chooses to use isn't the main challenge involved in getting more states to recognize same sex "marriage" as legal.

Why force the government to call it what you want instead of what that married couple want?

gays in committed two person relationships should have equal tax obligations with traditionally married couples.

waiting for RW or one of the other libs to respond to this question.

waiting for RW or one of the other libs to respond to this question.

France has civil unions that work that way.

American gays and lesbians are saying, I think, "fuck you when we were asking for all that and you said 'fuck you to us'".

Of course not, in my examples the people love each other, they just don't have sex with each other. Why should they be punished for not having sex?

read it again:

Yes while we're redefining the meaning of marriage might as well go ahead and redefine the meaning of love as well... :rolleyes:

"Yes, we're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed." -- Dark Helmet

read it again:

what does that have to do with it? If two elderly sisters are living together, sharing expenses, and commited to caring for each other, why shouldn't they have the same tax rates as a gay couple?------------the only difference being that one couple has sex and the other does not.

What is it about gay sex that makes us create a new form of marriage?

read it again:

what does that have to do with it? If two elderly sisters are living together, sharing expenses, and commited to caring for each other, why shouldn't they have the same tax rates as a gay couple?------------the only difference being that one couple has sex and the other does not.

I love my sister and I love my wife.....it is not the same relationship

Sex has nothing to do with it. I love my wife differently than I love my sister even if I could no longer have sex with my wife. That is why I am married to my wife. Gays want the same opportunities

Gays do not get married for sex......they get married for love

Last edited:

I personally don't care what they call it and I'm not suggesting forcing anybody to do anything. What I'm suggesting is that if homosexuals want legal recognition of same sex marriage in the states where voters have so far rejected it that they may want to show some empathy for those that do have deeply held moral objections to redefining the traditional institution of marriage and accept a compromise where they get all the privileges and responsibilities under a different name.

Alternatively they can keep banging their heads into a brick wall and getting nowhere in those states.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein

excellent logical suggestion---------but face it, thats not what the gays want. They want the government to FORCE those who object to gay marriage to accept and condone it or be punished. Its thought control at its worst.

This debate is not about equality-------its about government mandated societal change.

How has the government punished people for not accepting inter-racial marriage?

How has the government punished people for not accepting inter-faith marriage?

Sex has nothing to do with it. I love my wife differently than I love my wife and that is why I am married to my wife. Gays want the same opportunities

I said that gays should have equal rights when they are in committed relationships. So should two elderly sisters who are in a committed relationship. Or two brothers, or two cousins, or a mother and daughter.

All are same sex relationships, all are committed and loving. The ONLY difference is whether they have gay sex. Should the two elderly sisters declare themselves gay and married?

The whole gay marriage thing falls apart when a test of logic and common sense is applied to it.

Sex has nothing to do with it. I love my wife differently than I love my wife and that is why I am married to my wife. Gays want the same opportunities

I said that gays should have equal rights when they are in committed relationships. So should two elderly sisters who are in a committed relationship. Or two brothers, or two cousins, or a mother and daughter.

All are same sex relationships, all are committed and loving. The ONLY difference is whether they have gay sex. Should the two elderly sisters declare themselves gay and married?

The whole gay marriage thing falls apart when a test of logic and common sense is applied to it.

You DO know that sex is not a requirement for legal marriage, right? But incest is still illegal.

excellent logical suggestion---------but face it, thats not what the gays want. They want the government to FORCE those who object to gay marriage to accept and condone it or be punished. Its thought control at its worst.

This debate is not about equality-------its about government mandated societal change.

not a valid analogy. its where you gays always go when you are losing the debate. But it does not work.

inter-racial and inter-faith are heterosexual and therefore----normal. They are not aberrations of the human condition as are homosexual marriages.

I said that marriage is about love and a committed relationship. You keep bringing up sex

You DO know that sex is not a requirement for legal marriage, right? But incest is still illegal.

is it a requirement for a gay marriage? if not, why prohibit two sisters from marrying in order to care for each other, get inheritence benefits, and tax breaks?

If this is the new argument against gay marriage, its just as dumb as the " ... but then they'll want to marry turtles ..." crap.

The haters really need to quit the Peeping Tom judging and mind their own business.

is it a requirement for a gay marriage? if not, why prohibit two sisters from marrying in order to care for each other, get inheritence benefits, and tax breaks?

Um...did you miss that part about incest being illegal?

I said that marriage is about love and a committed relationship. You keep bringing up sex

So you agree that two sisters who are in a loving and committed relationship should be declared married in order to not be discriminated against by the tax code?

not a valid analogy. its where you gays always go when you are losing the debate. But it does not work.

inter-racial and inter-faith are heterosexual and therefore----normal. They are not aberrations of the human condition as are homosexual marriages.

You are the ones forcing your views on others

Nobody forces you to accept gay marriage. You can continue to hate anyone you want

What you can't do is force the government to accept your hate

Um...did you miss that part about incest being illegal?

If there is no sex, there is no incest.

you are losing the debate, might be time to concede.

Wile you certainly have the right to say what you believe is "normal", its still none of your business.

Forum List

Back