Is 50% of 58% a "Mandate?

Trusting people with more of our money to pay down a debt they created is pretty silly IMO

I agree. Our country has become a nation all about, "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

And I mean both Republicans and Democrats.

I think not... Obama has no mandate for shit. I say the Republicans should fight Obama on every issue where he robs us of our liberties. Once we lose them it's almost impossible to get them back

Well it seems the Congressional Republicans and Republican governors disagree with you. They are already working on amnesty, Obamacare and tax hikes and it's only been one week since Obama won.

Those who do are fools, we don't follow like the Obama sheep do

They will cave. You can always leave MY America.

Trusting people with more of our money to pay down a debt they created is pretty silly IMO

I agree. Our country has become a nation all about, "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

You can always leave.

Yes, let's tell everyone to leave who disagrees with us. Very sophisticated.

I couldn't just leave because our wonderful government (N. Korea being the only other one) still taxes your labor when you do it outside of their borders.

I think not... Obama has no mandate for shit. I say the Republicans should fight Obama on every issue where he robs us of our liberties. Once we lose them it's almost impossible to get them back

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

Benjamin Franklin

You guys are the WORST at screaming mandate. Just look at fucking 2010.

MANDATES DO NOT EXIST IN THIS COUNTRY FOR EITHER SIDE.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLE!

93 million eligible voters did not vote in 2012

Despite the number of eligible voters increasing by more than eight million since the 2008 elections, voter turnout declined by five million this Election Day, according to a report released by the Bipartisan Policy Commission and the Center for the Study of the American Electorate.

The report revealed that despite a tight presidential election that saw an estimated $6 billion spent and an eight million person increase in the number of eligible voters, turnout dropped from 62.3 percent of those eligible voting in '08 to an estimated 57.5 percent in 2012. The figure was also lower than in 2004 (60.4%). There were 131 million votes cast in 2008, 126 million in 2012, and about 93 million eligible voters did not exercise their right to vote.

Democrats and Republicans both saw a dip in turnout. Democrats lost 4.2 percentage points (33.0% to 28.2%), while Republicans dropped 1.2 percentage points (28.4 % to 27.2%).

The study also found:

Seven states set record lows for overall presidential year turnout – Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Utah and West Virginia. There were four record Democratic turnout lows - in Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah and West Virginia. The Republicans achieved record high turnout in two states - Alabama and North Carolina - and one record low in Hawaii.

Minnesota recorded the highest overall turnout with 74.6 percent of eligible citizens voting, followed by Wisconsin (71.3), Iowa (69.2), New Hampshire (68.6) and Massachusetts (66.6 percent). The Massachusetts turnout was driven by the hotly contested Warren/Brown race for the Senate.

The lowest overall state turnout was in Hawaii at 43.6 percent of eligible citizens, followed by West Virginia (45.1), New York (46.3), Oklahoma (48.5) and Texas (48.9).

The highest Democratic turnout was in the District of Columbia which recorded a 47.9 percent turnout, followed by Massachusetts (40.4), Vermont (40.3) Minnesota (39.4) and Wisconsin (37.7). The lowest Democratic turnout occurred in Utah at 12.5 percent of citizen voters, followed by Wyoming (15.8), West Virginia (16.0), Oklahoma (16.1) and Arkansas (18.1).

Democratic turnout increased in only two states, Louisiana (+0.4%) and Iowa (+0.1), while seeing the largest drops in New York (-7.8%), DC (-7.1%), Utah (-6.7%), and Illinois (-6.4%).

Republican turnout increased in 15 states, with North Dakota showing the largest gain (+2.7%). The largest decrease for the GOP was in Indiana, which saw a drop of 5.1 percent.

The numbers in those states that require partisan registration point toward a continued shift away from both parties to independent status. It marks the 13th consecutive presidential election year that registration for “neither party” has increased.

93 million eligible voters did not vote in 2012 - Atlanta Political Buzz | Examiner.com

If they all had voted, Obama and the Dems would've won by 50 million. Most all of the conservative support showed up to vote.

You can always leave.
As you could have after the 2000 election, the 2004 one and the 2010 midterms enough on the left screamed they would but never did.

550794_555557821137536_584945692_n.png

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

Benjamin Franklin

Why do right wingers obsess over word choice?

Why do statists love controlling people?

You are the one who apparently cannot read the writing on the wall, the tax bill for the rich must be given up as a lost cause for now, we have bigger fish to fry than focusing our entire attention on the well being of the most prosperous among us and still trying to make trickle down economics work for us.

People who work hard and make two, three, four hundred thousand should not be punished for it to satisfy people like you. That’s not a plan to fix our physical problems now is it?

I make pretty good money and as a lifelong single childless person I have paid plenty, looking back on what the Bush tax cuts gave me I can say with certainty that they never made a difference in my life and they probably never made a difference in yours. It's not like they were such a huge cut for anyone other than the extremely wealthy that they were worth the effort the republicans have put into preserving them. This ideological attack on a taxes has cost the republicans far more than a few percentage points at the end of the year ever will.

Then you should have sent in more money if you wanted. Most people have families, people have business, do you think the federal government can spend the money better than you can? Use your friken head :eusa_eh:

Obama has no mandate sorry he got 9 million fewer votes than he did last time voter suppression is no mandate

And yet-----and yet, Barack Obama got more votes than any other presidential candidate in America
history-------------twice!

Another Republican that can't do arithmetic-----whoda thunk? 69,456,897 votes minus 62,610,717 votes isn't even close to equaling 9 million votes -pewsh!-

Mandate-shmandate when "we the people" reelected President Obama, "we the people" gave the president a ton-o-political capital and-----and when taken in combination with the Republicans stupidly signing off on sequestration, the Republicans are left with virtually no leverage to stop Obama from getting the Bush tax screw up rewritten the way he chooses.

Forum List

Back