Is All Electric Vehicle Future Possible?

If we could come up with enough lithium and copper to build that many EVs, where exactly would the electricity come from? I'm not looking for a generic wind, solar, or renewable answer without any plausible explanation of how this would work, I want to see a plausible concept. If you think windmills or solar panels would work, give a succinct summary of how many windmills or panels and acres would be needed to charge so many cars. Show a plausible source of power to charge all those EVs.
By the time we are looking at all electric cars new technology will surely be developed.
People are looking at this idea right now. None of them have any idea where the electricity will come from. D you have any idea where it will come from?
I answered that.
Actually, you claimed that by the time we are looking at all electric cars, some new technology will have been developed that would make this pipe dream possible. That time is now, so where is this technology?
We are not ready to go all electric.

If we could come up with enough lithium and copper to build that many EVs, where exactly would the electricity come from?

As usual, humanity will burn more coal and build a new coal and nuclear power plants, but politicians will chant about a "green cities" with a "green vehicles".

We would have to rebuild the entire power grid. It is unable to handle 282 million electric vehicles needing charges every night. It won't be during anyones lifetime who is alive today.

ICEs can run perfectly well on hydrogen without polluting.
Where would the energy to mass produce hydrogen come from?
How much hydrogen is necessary? People have to decide what the goal is in existence; maintaining some old, nebulous ideas based upon what has been or advancing to sane principles that have a chance of maintaining life.

We would have to rebuild the entire power grid. It is unable to handle 282 million electric vehicles needing charges every night. It won't be during anyones lifetime who is alive today.
Even if we rebuilt the entire power grid, nobody has any idea where the electricity would come from. Worse yet, the grid would have to be rebuilt more than once.

You people are talking about the absurd prospect of trying to continue with the trends of energy consumption from the '50s and '60s.

ICEs can run perfectly well on hydrogen without polluting.
Where would the energy to mass produce hydrogen come from?
How much hydrogen is necessary? People have to decide what the goal is in existence; maintaining some old, nebulous ideas based upon what has been or advancing to sane principles that have a chance of maintaining life.
That's the problem with hydrogen. Like electricity, nobody has any idea where exactly where the energy will come from. Lots of folks can envision a massive electric grid with powerful charging stations on every street corner, but nobody has any idea where the electricity or hydrogen would come from.

The good thing is with all of these electric cars on the road there would be far less traffic. No more cross country trips. Every 4 hours of driving you'd be off the road for 12 hours to charge. Works for me! Get all the EV's you want!

You people are talking about the absurd prospect of trying to continue with the trends of energy consumption from the '50s and '60s.
You are on the only path to an all electric vehicle future. The electricity or hydrogen never actually happens, but we give up our freedom to drive our hot rods, muscle cars, SUVs, and rich heritage of automobile culture. We end up walking, biking, and using public transportation like a communist country. The greatest country and culture in world history becomes a commie shit hole country.

The problem with adulthood is one has to give up the freedom of acting like a child.

The good thing is with all of these electric cars on the road there would be far less traffic. No more cross country trips. Every 4 hours of driving you'd be off the road for 12 hours to charge. Works for me! Get all the EV's you want!
I have a fleet of them myself, and I love electric vehicles. EVs are superior to gasoline powered cars, but I never want to see them imposed on society.

Forum List

Back