Is America a Christian Nation?

One minute to go to the debate. I pray to Gd that Trump builds on his lead, and that Biden reveals how demented he is. I’ll pick up with this interesting thread later.
Biden was commented on his dementia by of all women, Meet the Press, I call her Meet the Democrats. They lied about Trump.

some make the arguments assocciating christianity with racism and "whites"

Opposing Trump-led Republican white Christian nationalism is not opposing Christianity at all.

White Christian nationalism is not Christianity or a religion.

It is a modern post WWII political movement based on the great lie that America was founded as a Christian nation by Christians of white European Protestant descent. Its roots are traced back to the opposition to integration in public schools, feminism, minority rights and safe access to abortion.

Of course it is a Christian Nation. One Nation under God, in God we trust.

"In God We Trust" etc is because there are Christians in the nation who push for such things. As a nation it doesn't have an official church.

Spain does. The UK does. The US doesn't. It has religious freedom and separation of church and state.

Between 19% and 29% of people have no religion at all.

74.2% are Christians with Catholics at 22% of Christians making up the largest number. That means you're looking at 15% of people are Catholics as the largest church in the country.

Maybe 50% of less of those will actually be practicing Catholics. So, that's about 7-8% of the country actually practice in the largest church.

That doesn't make the US a Christian nation.

Opposing Trump-led Republican white Christian nationalism is not opposing Christianity at all.

White Christian nationalism is not Christianity or a religion.

It is a modern post WWII political movement based on the great lie that America was founded as a Christian nation by Christians of white European Protestant descent. Its roots are traced back to the opposition to integration in public schools, feminism, minority rights and safe access to abortion.
Essentially you blame the Democrats.

Forum List

Back