Proof in writing that this country was not founded on any religion.

I never mentioned the God of Abraham but it's good to see that you recognize a higher powe
The God I believe in has no organized religion has never assumed the image of a burning bush or a sacrificial lamb dying on the cross. There is no rationality in any of that.

Certainly it comes from humans - God created humans to have reason and figure law and order out.

Revealed religion comes from humans too, but its believers abandon reason for comfort.
Law and order is a concept with different definitions. You should know that. And, you don't know why or how God created humans. God also created evil human beings who don't give a flip about reason or law. So, from where do you get your sense of law and order? It does not seem to be completely innate in humans.

Proof in writing that this country was not founded on any religion.​

The religion in that statement is the religion that worships the God of Abraham.
In NEVER SAID this country was founded on any religion. The FOUNDERS used Judeo/Christian morals and values, that's what they knew. They knew The Church of England's BASIC Judeo/Christian morals and values they however, DID NOT want a State Church.

The FOUNDERS used Judeo/Christian morals and values, that's what they knew.
That’s the god of Abraham. Study up on religion. The founders did not worship the God of Abraham or believe in the book that many humans claimed was divinely inspired by him.

John Adams and others believed belief in God was essential for a functioning democracy.
Believe in God in John Adam’s writing is not an expression of his belief in Christian dogmas such as one’s original sin and life of sin needing belief in Jesus Christ for forgiveness and to acquire eternal life in a sinless relationship with a pure and perfect God.

That’s the god of Abraham. Study up on religion. The founders did not worship the God of Abraham or believe in the book that many humans claimed was divinely inspired by him.
Wow, you are delusional.

People like you are dangerous. You can’t even acknowledge reality.

It is not innate in humans. Trump voters prove that every day. The United States of America was not founded as a Christian nation. It just wasn’t.
I never said the U.S. was a Christian nation. I said it was founded on Judeo/Christian morals and values but, you already knew that or should have. One would think you'd stop pestering.

The God I believe in has no organized religion has never assumed the image of a burning bush or a sacrificial lamb dying on the cross. There is no rationality in any of that.
How boring, you think Christianity is a Hollywood 'swords and sandals' movie. :icon_cry:

Judeo Christian morals and values have absolutely nothing to do with the US Constitution or the founding of the United States of America. Nothing..
The creators of our Constitution had those morals and values.

So if 'common consent' is that murder is acceptable then murdering would be within the law and a right?
That’s what happened in Germany, China and Russia. We have to protect ourselves from the extremists in our midst, that would rather sow destruction than talk things out. MAGA is an existential threat to the republic.

But you say an atheist has Judeo-Christian moral values if an atheist adheres to what you call Judeo/Christian law ethics.

An Atheist can live in America comfortably and not be asked to accept Christianity as their personal religion. As I have said over and over again, there is no 'Church of America.' As long as the Atheist (or any other belief) adheres to our Judeo/Christian law ethics.

What you are saying Saint Leo123 is that an atheist has to give up being rational when giving his or her consent to be governed in the US system of law. You are forcing an atheist to believe that your peculiar irrational concept of the Judeo-Christian Creator of a Biblical Worldview is the only way the actual government under the US Constitution can exist for Muslims, Hindus. Atheists agnostics and Jews and every other religion and act of conscience out there.

I say you are fabricating and perpetuating a lie or myth when you spread white Christian nationalists propaganda as you do.

Thou Shalt not kill or steal is a natural law. Thomas Aquinas’ Catholicism has no copywrite on universal truth based on human reason.

you think Christianity is a Hollywood 'swords and sandals' movie
I do not. You are a liar..

Christianity is The Word of God not a movie.

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethrohis father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
4 When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush,“Moses! Moses!”
And Moses said, “Here I am.”
5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
7 The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the miseryof my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you[b] will worship God on this mountain.”
13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[c] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord,[d] the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.
16 “Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—appeared to me and said: I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt. 17 And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—a land flowing with milk and honey.’
18 “The elders of Israel will listen to you. Then you and the elders are to go to the king of Egypt and say to him, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. Let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the Lord our God.’ 19 But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. 20 So I will stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go.
21 “And I will make the Egyptians favorably disposed toward this people, so that when you leave you will not go empty-handed. 22 Every woman is to ask her neighbor and any woman living in her house for articles of silver and goldand for clothing, which you will put on your sons and daughters. And so you will plunder the Egyptians.”

Footnotes​

1. Exodus 3:6 Masoretic Text; Samaritan Pentateuch (see Acts 7:32) fathers
  2. Exodus 3:12 The Hebrew is plural.
  3. Exodus 3:14 Or I will be what I will be
  4. Exodus 3:15 The Hebrew for Lord sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for I am in verse 14.

Last edited:
Leo123
Some did some didn’t. The Constitution definitely does NOT and prohibits Judeo/Christian morals and values from being established as state morals and values. Justice is blind to all “religious” morals and values with it covers to applying law each save every individual citizen it guest on US soil.

That’s what happened in Germany, China and Russia. We have to protect ourselves from the extremists in our midst, that would rather sow destruction than talk things out. MAGA is an existential threat to the republic.
LOL, yea we are so “extreme”!

IMG_5728.jpeg

Leo123

Some did some didn’t. The Constitution definitely does NOT and prohibits Judeo/Christian morals and values from being established as state morals and values. Justice is blind to all “religious” morals and values with it covers to applying law each save every individual citizen it guest on US soil.
You’re arguing with your own strawman.

Forum List

Back