Is Ariel Castro a Murderer?

Translation: I'm really stupid and ill informed and out of my depth.

Yes, too many people go to college. That is a truth. Go read a book called Real Education by Charles Murray. Of course that book will make your head explode so you'll probably just ignore it or make some snide comment about Republicans.

Is that the limit of your intelligence? Can you carry on a conversation with someone that disagrees with you without resorting to name calling like a child? Its OK if you cant but you look sort of stupid. "Too many people go to college" needs to have a qualifier. I dont need to read a book on it just yet. Why would you say something like that?

You're such a gasbag. Every post drones on with the sound of your own brilliance.
Too many people go to college needs no qualifier. It is evident. If you dont want to read Murray's book where he lays out just why that is the case then I can't help you. Willful ignorance is the worst kind.

Thats your self esteem talking to you and criticizing you. i sound brilliant because you feel you are not adequate. Its ok everyone goes through it. I'm nothing special. Yes that statement does need a qualifier because that is not true. Not enough people go to college as evidenced by the shortage of people that are qualified for higher paying jobs. See how i put a qualifier on that?

Is that the limit of your intelligence? Can you carry on a conversation with someone that disagrees with you without resorting to name calling like a child? Its OK if you cant but you look sort of stupid. "Too many people go to college" needs to have a qualifier. I dont need to read a book on it just yet. Why would you say something like that?

You're such a gasbag. Every post drones on with the sound of your own brilliance.
Too many people go to college needs no qualifier. It is evident. If you dont want to read Murray's book where he lays out just why that is the case then I can't help you. Willful ignorance is the worst kind.

Thats your self esteem talking to you and criticizing you. i sound brilliant because you feel you are not adequate. Its ok everyone goes through it. I'm nothing special. Yes that statement does need a qualifier because that is not true. Not enough people go to college as evidenced by the shortage of people that are qualified for higher paying jobs. See how i put a qualifier on that?

You are special. Like Special Olympics. Or Special Assets.
Your statement is a non-sequitur. It's like saying "Not enough people go to college as evidenced by the lack of talented basketball players." See what I did there?

Your statement is a non-sequitur. It's like saying "Not enough people go to college as evidenced by the lack of talented basketball players." See what I did there?

Yes. You just did what you accused me of. The logic is as follows. You need a college education to acquire the skills to get a high paying job. My inference follows my premise. Yours doesnt. Why do too many people go to college?

Yes. You just did what you accused me of. The logic is as follows. You need a college education to acquire the skills to get a high paying job. My inference follows my premise. Yours doesnt. Why do too many people go to college?

No, it doesnt. It is a fallacy.
Why do too many people go to college? Because they've been sold a lie that going to college gives you skills to get a high paying job.
See what I did there?

Why do too many people go to college? Because they've been sold a lie that going to college gives you skills to get a high paying job.
See what I did there?

Yes I do. You qualified your statement. I disagree but at least we have grounds to discuss it intelligently. Why do you feel they have been sold a lie?

Last edited:

See what I did there?

Yes I do. You qualified your statement. I disagree but at least we have grounds to discuss it intelligently. Why do you feel they have been sold a lie?
Obviously you dont. Your statement was an example of an argument that was both unsound and invalid. Let's see if you can figure out why.

See what I did there?

Obviously you dont. Your statement was an example of an argument that was both unsound and invalid. Let's see if you can figure out why.

Lets see. Once I got a degree I was able to obtain a higher paying job. Thats pretty cut and dried. I dont know how you can say that is false. Can you prove to me in any way that I got my higher paying job without my degree?

Lets see. Once I got a degree I was able to obtain a higher paying job. Thats pretty cut and dried. I dont know how you can say that is false. Can you prove to me in any way that I got my higher paying job without my degree?

I suppose most people with a degree can land a job at more than min wage, which is obviously your case here.
The fact that you cannot answer my question and deflect to your own irrelevant experience tells me all I need to know.
Good luck and sell those fries!

I suppose most people with a degree can land a job at more than min wage, which is obviously your case here.
The fact that you cannot answer my question and deflect to your own irrelevant experience tells me all I need to know.
Good luck and sell those fries!

What?!!! Did I miss a post somewhere? When did you ask me a question I didnt answer? Are you running from your statement now? :lol:

Forum List

Back