Is Bundy involved in the Sovereign citizens?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I heard it in passing and I cant find any information that says either way.

I had never heard it before, so I looked it up. What Wiki describes ( to me anyway) it can be more of a belief system than an actual member of a group. If one believes in :"self ownership".

It went onto say many believe the "thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is a concept of self-ownership, as are some portions of the Bill of Rights".

Self-ownership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would sound like he believes something like that, given what he says, but who knows if he is a part of any real group?

CaféAuLait;8996730 said:
I had never heard it before, so I looked it up. What Wiki describes ( to me anyway) it can be more of a belief system than an actual member of a group. If one believes in :"self ownership".

It went onto say many believe the "thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is a concept of self-ownership, as are some portions of the Bill of Rights".

It would sound like he believes something like that, given what he says, but who knows if he is a part of any real group?

The "sovereign citizen" movement is an ideology, not a group.

CaféAuLait;8996730 said:

Thank you, I guess what confused me was the FBI stating it was a terrorist organization. I guess I pictured people meeting and planning, things like that.

Yes. He keeps saying that the county sheriff, and only the county sheriff, has authority over him. That is an old belief that has roots in the end of the Civil War when the reconstruction South tried to pass ordinances that said the US military has no authority over them (and by the wording, neither does the federal government) and that ONLY the county sheriff does.

"Posse Comitatus" is the term. He follows that belief, and preaches it.

It is a sovereign citizen ideal. And there are many dead cops out there who were murdered by the type of scumbags who follow that belief. Look into the West Memphis police murder a few years ago by 2 of these sovereign citizen shitbags.

CaféAuLait;8996730 said:

In the same way radical Islam is an ideology, not a group; But many groups arise from that ideology. Just like the sovereign citizen movement.......which by the way is responsible for the murder of numerous police officers in the United States.

Yes. He keeps saying that the county sheriff, and only the county sheriff, has authority over him. That is an old belief that has roots in the end of the Civil War when the reconstruction South tried to pass ordinances that said the US military has no authority over them (and by the wording, neither does the federal government) and that ONLY the county sheriff does.

"Posse Comitatus" is the term. He follows that belief, and preaches it.

It is a sovereign citizen ideal. And there are many dead cops out there who were murdered by the type of scumbags who follow that belief. Look into the West Memphis police murder a few years ago by 2 of these sovereign citizen shitbags.

I don't think I have really ever paid attention to the term. If I recall correctly when those two police men were murdered I thought it was by Skinheads, maybe I have the wrong murder of cops? Was Ted Kaczynski one too?

His rhetoric makes it appear so

What other asshole would think the power of his county Sherriff supersedes the Federal Government.........Sherriff, disarm those Feds!

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981.

Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the state laws.

The Act, as modified in 1981, refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor.

The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is also not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act, primarily because the Coast Guard has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back