Is Congress About to Expand Government Surveillance?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well just wait , when the GOP controls the House and Senate, things will be different. :afro:

A cybersecurity rider likely to be included in the $1.1 trillion spending bill is drawing fire from members of both the right and the left who are concerned it would enhance the government’s surveillance power.

“Once again, members of Congress are using the government funding bill to pursue their extremist agendas,” Anthony D. Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union, said in a statement Wednesday. “Sneaking damaging and discriminatory riders into a must-pass bill usurps the democratic process and is irresponsible.”

Is Congress About to Expand Govt Surveillance? Critics Claim ‘Sneaking’ This Rider Into Massive, Must-Pass Spending Bill Will Do Just That

Hell, every establishment prick on that stage last night was talking about more surveillance.
Paul kicked ass last night!

I hope so. ISIS inspired killers don't carry neon 'Jihadi' signs to hang on their homes.

Heck...they should probably check out some of your posts too.

Hell, every establishment prick on that stage last night was talking about more surveillance.

Unfortunately, Paul is simply not getting enough traction. Your average Republican voter wants a war mongering neo-con who will "protect" them from Muslims and Mexicans. I think Paul is going to drop out rather soon and concentrate on a Senate reelection instead.

There was a great comment and point on that article. First the government can't be "bothered" to eyeball immigrant Facebook pages, but now they want the ability to nose around in American's social media accounts? According to them they don't have the man power to do /either/

Unfortunately, Paul is simply not getting enough traction. Your average Republican voter wants a war mongering neo-con who will "protect" them from Muslims and Mexicans. I think Paul is going to drop out rather soon and concentrate on a Senate reelection instead.
Cool. So....what's your solution for identifying these ISIS inspired threats BEFORE they begin killing? And if you don't have one....what's your plan on how to RESPOND to them once the bullets are flying.....since we all know your stance on A-type "militarized" cops?

Well just wait , when the GOP controls the House and Senate, things will be different. :afro:

A cybersecurity rider likely to be included in the $1.1 trillion spending bill is drawing fire from members of both the right and the left who are concerned it would enhance the government’s surveillance power.

“Once again, members of Congress are using the government funding bill to pursue their extremist agendas,” Anthony D. Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union, said in a statement Wednesday. “Sneaking damaging and discriminatory riders into a must-pass bill usurps the democratic process and is irresponsible.”

Is Congress About to Expand Govt Surveillance? Critics Claim ‘Sneaking’ This Rider Into Massive, Must-Pass Spending Bill Will Do Just That

I'm pretty sure most republicans realize that both parties are in on the surveillance.

It's not much different than cops who observe traffic for speeders....to prevent traffic deaths.

We need to identify these potential killers BEFORE they kill.
They don't have neon signs announcing "I Love ISIS".

If we cannot intervene BEFORE bullets are flying....then get used to San Bernadino happening more often and the SWAT teams and armored vehicles in gun fights on highways.

It's not much different than cops who observe traffic for speeders....to prevent traffic deaths.

It's entirely different, but I don't expect people with a NAZI mentality to understand

Forum List

Back