🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Depicting Mohammed Forbidden?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Great page here about it including the recent French incidents.

Distorting a distortion Depicting Muhammad in Art Flopping Aces

Short answer is no, it's not forbidden. At least not Scripturally so. It's an extension of the idolatry rules from Judaism about not representing certain things. But as is often the case in religion when rules and commandments are involved, much is interpretation. Some interpretation becomes official dogma despite having no Scriptural basis in fact.

As an aside, even if it were forbidden in Qur'an, what kind of all-powerful deity needs you or me acting as its agent meteing out religious justice? If we all die and get judged anyway, why not let God handle it?

^^^^^^^^Ignorance of Islamist extremeism on display.

^^^^^^^^Ignorance of Islamist extremeism on display.

^ Ignorance of religious extremism in general. Remember the Inquisition?

what about the Inquisition? It was legal in accordance with
Justinian law------shariah is based on Justinian law in many details... The catholic church decided to reject many details of Justiinian law---including those laws which legalized the Inquisition. Your comparison is apt-----but out of date

Mohammed fucked a seven year old girl. Were he alive today, the dude would rot in jail for it. That is just gross.

well, Statis-------in general----allusion to that fucking bastard some 800 years ago is OUT OF DATE-----unless, of course,
you refer to those fucking bastards who emulate the fucking
bastard of ---~~~800 years ago

Mohammed fucked a seven year old girl. Were he alive today, the dude would rot in jail for it. That is just gross.

well, Statis-------in general----allusion to that fucking bastard some 800 years ago is OUT OF DATE-----unless, of course,
you refer to those fucking bastards who emulate the fucking
bastard of ---~~~800 years ago
I am referring to them. ...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Short answer is no, it's not forbidden. At least not Scripturally so. It's an extension of the idolatry rules from Judaism about not representing certain things. But as is often the case in religion when rules and commandments are involved, much is interpretation. Some interpretation becomes official dogma despite having no Scriptural basis in fact.

As an aside, even if it were forbidden in Qur'an, what kind of all-powerful deity needs you or me acting as its agent meteing out religious justice? If we all die and get judged anyway, why not let God handle it?

No matter how many times non believers want to explain islam according to infidel interpretation they will still be wrong. Depicting Mohammad is forbidden. Depicting living creatures is forbidden. The taliban demolished ancient statues of Buddah because depicting living creatures is forbidden.

Aniconism in Islam - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The is something deeply troubling about the current practices of non islamics explaining islam to the clerics and imams. I would like to see Howard Dean tell the ayatollah what islam really is.

Muhammad can eat my balls.

m0168.gif

Committing Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam
Punishment for Blasphemy in the Light of Religious Scriptures

Forum List

Back