Is Economic Exchange Emergent Behavior?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
So far as I know no one has demonstrated any neural circuitry not adapted from pre-economic behavior used in the market place. This would imply that most economic postulates are wrong.

Rationality is out the window as behavioral economic/finance has demonstrated but what are some of the other obvious erroneous postulates?

So far as I know no one has demonstrated any neural circuitry not adapted from pre-economic behavior used in the market place. This would imply that most economic postulates are wrong.

Rationality is out the window as behavioral economic/finance has demonstrated but what are some of the other obvious erroneous postulates?

I don't know where you picked this cant up, but please stop. It is neither economics nor clear English. If there is a an idea in there, figure out how to state it in an understandable fashion.

I don't know where you picked this cant up, but please stop. It is neither economics nor clear English. If there is a an idea in there, figure out how to state it in an understandable fashion.
Emergent behavior is what controls how fish school or termites build mounds.

Emergent behavior is what controls how fish school or termites build mounds.

I have some exposure to behavioral economics and several other posters work in the finance field. There well could be a link there, but I just don't see it. You went from A to Q. Mind filling in the story?

Take discounting distant kinship when going for alliances, that is innate. Since there is no other possible circuit to work with, it is the same circuit used to discount income flows. But it should also cause counter-intuitive reactions to inflation/deflation that is not being addressed in the economic literature in a way that explains why the observed side effect is that inflation is corrosive politically and socially. Until that discussion is begun threads like "Paper Money" will continue to discuss monetary effects instead of the political polarizing effects of the great inflation of 1968-82.

Forum List

Back